After a long time period, it's finally ready. Here is the official site. The team does not condone piracy, and a retail disc is needed to play this game.
Here is a list of features.
- Over 130 all new levels
- The return of a classic Mario powerup
- Completely new world map system, redesigned from the ground up
- 8 major worlds and several minor ones, spanning 18 themed areas
- 34 new bonus houses, including two never seen before mini-games
- 21 new titlescreens that show depending on your game progress
- Over 150 new tilesets to enhance the visual appeal of the game
- 40 fresh and new backgrounds to match the world themes
- More than 35 original music tracks to create a memorable Newer score
- And another 20 arranged favourites to bring that Mario zip
- Remixed versions of every song for the 'hurry up' music
- Completely redone User Interface and layouts for every part of the game
- More than 50 completely new sprites, including 15 all new enemies
- Eight new bosses, one for each major world
- Over 200 new appearances for classic enemies, for that updated feel
- And a couple secrets you’ll have to find out by playing!
I figured that this would be a nice way to hold some of you over during the shortening wait until E3. With New Super Luigi U releasing this month, I think it'll be a really good time for Mario fans.
I think Nintendo's official work is of higher quality, but this is certainly very ambitious and very impressive. They also made their own soundtrack for the game, so some of you might feel that it is actually fresher than Nintendo's recent endeavors.