• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

Dereck

Bow down to your new gothic lady overlord!

iHg58bnKBZeKf.png
Is there a video of this?

GrayFoxPL

Kuni is still King's Bane of existence!

Kunai throw? Must definitely be an item move.

This is why you turn the F away from Ranked battles each time!

Lol, ducking mids.

Ranked is where I get most of my play time. Going into player room waiting 5 minutes for your turn and get kicked by asshole host, or someone wins a fight with host - quit. Yeah, super fun. My experience in making rooms posted somewhere above.

Namco implement at least host migration.

AAK

I always host and i put a restriction for only 4+ bars. If it's a slow time, I compromise to 3+ bars. Lasted me until 120k gift points so I think it works out. Occassionally get some really good players that are using bought tickets to play me in a long set and that's where I can finally get a "Tekken" feeling from playing them, understanding their habits, adapting, & persevering with no stats BS ruining the game.

it was definitely annoying getting kicked, so i always host. a few weeks back, i'd get full lobbies easily within minutes. now the wait is much longer. i don't know if the interest in the game died down or it's because i'm lvl30+ now. but i'm not sure why level would matter when i have stats turned off.

when do you usually play aak? are you east coast?

AAK

it was definitely annoying getting kicked, so i always host. a few weeks back, i'd get full lobbies easily within minutes. now the wait is much longer. i don't know if the interest in the game died down or it's because i'm lvl30+ now. but i'm not sure why level would matter when i have stats turned off.

when do you usually play aak? are you east coast?

Yeah, I'm east coast. I haven't played TR in a while. I'm playing way more TTT2 to prepare for the Canadian East Coast Regionals. But school started today so I'm gonna be playing even less now :(

BTW I'd hardly call that vampire design "sexy".... She looks 12 years old!

AAK

Is Feng's b1+2 the fastest invincible in the game?

And yay, f+3,4 is critical. Gimme dat 50+ damage launcher.

I think it would be the same speed on d/f+1+2 for Steve, 14 frames. And that is assuming Steve's and Feng's moves are still 14 frames... I've honestly never tested it in match, too busy trying to do that stupid Duck cancel! Also, if you want a legitimate 50 damage launcher, do Kaz's d/f+2 CH into PEWGF... that does 48 damage without any criticals :p

Manbig

Is Feng's b1+2 the fastest invincible in the game?

And yay, f+3,4 is critical. Gimme dat 50+ damage launcher.

I think Jack's shoulder floats around that speed too. Also, a lot of the hard hitting moves do WAY less damage, so I'd be surprised if you see that much damage from f3,4 without any power, even if it is a crit.

AAK

Yo never mind, my frame knowledge is wrong, Feng's b+1+2 and Jack's d/f+3+4 are both 13 frames. I take my previous post back, listen to Manny. :p

I think Jack's shoulder floats around that speed too. Also, a lot of the hard hitting moves do WAY less damage, so I'd be surprised if you see that much damage from f3,4 without any power, even if it is a crit.

I know deathfist for example does a lot less in this game, but f+3,4 is launch punishable by every character. I don't think it's necessary to nerf it. If they do, he'll have a hard time getting over 60 with any combo. :/

Balance adjustments... I wonder if they are retweaking the stats again or are they tweaking character properties?

And for the record, my guess is that it will cost $15 to buy a character, which will make people continue to earn Gift Points after they get their main.

Heh, if that was the case, just pay $5 more and get Tekken Tag 2 with all of the characters.

Hyun Sai

No way Namco is going to sell $15 a character when Dead or Alive Ultimate sells them at $4. And even without DoA5, it's kind of insane price.

Between $4 and $5 is a good bet.

Doomshine

What about Paul's d1+2, isn't that 12 frames?

No way Namco is going to sell $15 a character when Dead or Alive Ultimate sells them at $4. And even without DoA5, it's kind of insane price.

Between $4 and $5 is a good bet.

I don't know, the premium effects are pretty crazy expensive in my opinion.

DEATH™

His laser is no different from Tag 1, it just took some getting used to because of the animation difference b/w DJin's and his. Definitely not like a shoto IMO because I've killed many Kazuya's for it now that I have the hang of the animation. As for DP do you mean invincible moves? Everyone has them and they're death on block so it's not a big deal IMO. Once you start fighting people ranked destroyer and above Invincibles are pretty much useless.unless you have a seer's eye making exact reads... which in a game like Tekken is brutally hard.

No, I'm talking about firing laser when far away, forcing you to try to get close to be able to be in a range where you can punish it. I've been saying this for a while now, but the only optimal way to win in this game is to turtle out and bait, because many of your options when going in will be beaten by invincibles. That is why the lasers are awesome in this game because it forces/tempts people to get in the range where lasers are actually punishable.

Scrub Kazuyas don't count. And meh... people in high ranks in TR are scared to do anything punishable when you can actually afford to do it in this game... they need to have balls lol

AAK

Trust me man, Lasers are as shit as they've ever been. In TTT2 at least they're useful for some post TA juggles and punishing raw tags. In a 1v1 scenario they have no uses other than killing scrubs. And this comment:

because many of your options when going in will be beaten by invincibles. That is why the lasers are awesome in this game because it forces/tempts people to get in the range where lasers are actually punishable.

Invincibles beat everything the same way Lili's Matterhorn or Lar's u/f+3 beat everything. But you don't see people in TTT2 spam it other than Online laggy matches. If you can consistently invincible a skilled aggressive player everytime "people get in range" you should be representing your country in Namco's global tournament. Out of the nearly 1000 matches I've played simply walking up and blocking against people who feel they can simply invincible out of a mixup I'm putting them in has done me fairly well.

Scrub Kazuyas don't count. And meh... people in high ranks in TR are scared to do anything punishable when you can actually afford to do it in this game... they need to have balls lol

I can punish invincibles with JFSR. People really can't afford to use them unless it's a legitimate read.

GrayFoxPL

I think Lasers in Revolution lean to the left.(air) Why? Because I always sidesteped them to the left and now it somehow hits me. You can even see in slomo replay how it runs little of axis. It's a 15 year old habit, not changeable so I get hit by lazors in revo like I just started playing tekken 2.

joeblow

I always go right vs. Kaz's lasers in TR as soon as the animation starts, then rush in for the free launcher. I can't remember the last time one hit me.

fucking stupid shit... I don'f mind any of the invincibles but Kaz's just is too easy to stupidly spam... I defend good against it but the shitty thing just has asshole properties...

/vent

Um...isn't Nina supposed to be available at the beginning of the month or am I wrong with her and Feng's release date? Seems like they are nowhere to be found.

Doomshine

fucking stupid shit... I don'f mind any of the invincibles but Kaz's just is too easy to stupidly spam... I defend good against it but the shitty thing just has asshole properties...

/vent

I've stopped punishing it with jet upper because I've had it whiff to many times, I lost a promotion match yesterday because of it :/

GrayFoxPL

Um...isn't Nina supposed to be available at the beginning of the month or am I wrong with her and Feng's release date? Seems like they are nowhere to be found.

4th in Japan, 11th in Europe

In US it may be few days later since they screwed up the release timing in US and everything seems to be put on later.

Manbig

I've stopped punishing it with jet upper because I've had it whiff to many times, I lost a promotion match yesterday because of it :/

As Bryan, just go for f4,1 to punish all invincibles. Most of the invincible also have high crush properties in them because of the properties carried over from the other games. Because of this, some characters have crouching recovery frames in them. Bryan's Jet Upper is fast and has a super high hit box, so it'll go right through invincibles if you try to punish them right away.

GrayFoxPL

Btw Ling's uf+3+4 can beat Kaz's invincible.

Another thing. The game has a pretty big glitch with special flash of counter hits.

You know how in tekken there's this red mist during hits and additional character specific flash during stronger hits and/or counter hits, right?

In Revolution the game randomly doesn't show the flash effects during moves that eg cause crumple stun on counter hit it shows just the mist.

It's not like that for every move but eg Steves b+1, it as often as 1/3 of a time will not show the "big" effect on counter hit. It looks weird. Just the "jab mist" and opponent still is in crumple stun.

Doomshine

4th in Japan, 11th in Europe

In US it may be few days later since they screwed up the release timing in US and everything seems to be put on later.

11th huh, well I'm only a few hundred points from my next character unlock so I guess there will be no TR for me until then.

These Law combos don't make no god damn sense man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_N58JT1BC4

Holy shit I never realized how popular his channel has become, most of his videos have between 5000 and 10000 views!

AAK

The date for the US update to TR is September 24

It's gonna be a while...

http://tekken-revolution.bngames.net/update/130906_en.php

Holy shit I never realized how popular his channel has become, most of his videos have between 5000 and 10000 views!

Main Man has to be among the top 10 contributors to Tekken content in the interwebs. He's got more subscribers than even Aris
But less than Rip :p
. He did say he plans to go to EVO next year, that would be pretty cool if he does.

GrayFoxPL

I went on a little win streak on my alt account.

ibxaT3Aq9CggLU.jpg

itoOkwfd6QU5d.jpg

Sorry for shitty pics.
I was definitely not ready for this kind of endurance. My arm was killing me and on the last fight I barely could move my fingers. But my aim was 50 and got 51 - grew a third ball in effect.

Funny thing is what most impressed me is that my connection didn't break for all this time. Usually I get kicked into menu after 20 minutes, lucky?

AAK

That's actually pretty damn impressive. I tried to go for a rannked endurance run from scratch on my alt account... got dragon tailed to death by a 1 bar law at 12 wins :(

joeblow

Nice. My TR record so far is an 80 streak; I had to go to bed so I turned it off at that point. The best part of streaking is how much you save in gold coins and premium tickets while getting a ton of XP and Gift points. ;-)

GrayFoxPL

Nice. My TR record so far is an 80 streak; I had to go to bed so I turned it off at that point. The best part of streaking is how much you save in gold coins and premium tickets while getting XP and Gift points. ;-)

Holy fuck!

Edit: I forgot to add I made a 3+ bar room with stats off for this. Pretty decent connections.

Foshy

I have no respect for anyone that picks Law.

I'm not good at fighting games, but I can accept losses when the other guy is clearly better and I have fun in close matches even if I lose. But man, fuck Law. Guy just makes me angry, and it doesn't help when I'm not running into anyone else online.

I play Asuka, by the way.

GrayFoxPL

Remember that update that supposed to hit today in Urop? On 19.32 still nothing. This is some 23.59 bullshit I bet. Annoying.

Are you guys buying coins to get these crazy win streaks online? I didn't lose once today and I ran out within 5-6 matches. There was one disconnection though.

It's kind of sad to see someone with 700 wins using Dragunov's b+2,1,3 even after I launched him for it twice.

GrayFoxPL

Posting from PS3.

407MB Update.

Characters cost 19zl in PL that be about 5-6 Dollars.

3p outfits are customs from TTT2, but Jin got his T6 boss outfit and girls got retarded maids and shit like that.

coin bar flashes red now like money bonus in T6/TTT2.

Will check gameplay now.

Top Bottom