• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon X & Y Developer Roundtable Summary Thread

Updates will be posted here as they arrive. Check @Pokemon on Twitter for liveblogging.

9:11: Mr. Tsunekazu Ishihara, President and CEO of The Pokémon Company, is now taking the stage.

9:14: Mr. Ishihara is giving a brief history of Pokémon.

9:24: Mr. Junichi Masuda, Director at GAME FREAK inc., is on stage.

9:26: RIDEABLE RHYHORN GOTY

9:29: Rail grinding is in the game, and full clothing customization has been confirmed.

9:30: Players will be able to experience the game in one of seven languages.

9:31: PSS (Player Search System) revealed.

9:32: PSS will allow you to search for Friends, Acquaintances and Passerbys around the world and is located on the bottom screen.

9:35: PSS can detect when others are playing X and Y. Interacting with them makes them an Acquaintance. From there, they may be upgraded to Friend status. 100 Friends can be registered at any given time.

9:36: Battles have a variety of special rules to choose from if you don't like the default ones.

9:37: Battle camera is more dynamic (splitscreens, etc.). Battled Passerbys become Acquaintances through the PSS.

9:38: Over 113 regional Pokémon and 8 badges confirmed. Trading screen also looks much sleeker.

9:46: Boomburst is a new sound-based Normal-type move that can be learned by Noivern.

9:49: Pokémon-Amie system detailed. Allows a Pokémon's friendship to be increased by petting, feeding and playing with them.

9:50: Stronger bonds allow for more critical hits or evasion in battle. A new type of wild encounters called "Horde Encounters" (as many as 4 wild Pokémon appearing at once) detailed. Designed to make wild encounters more challenging and thrilling.

9:52: Sky Battles, a new style of battle open only to Flying-types and those with Levitate, officially revealed. Trainers can challenge you to Sky Battles during the main quest.

9:54: Talonflame, presumably Fletchling's evolution, is shown engaging Noctowl in a Sky Battle.

9:58: That's all for new stuff. Q&A begins.

9:59: Sorry folks; only one save file.

10:00: GF is working on allowing imports from Gen V. Apparently the 3DS/DS barrier is a pain. DLC is a possibility, but nothing concrete yet.

10:03: Fairy-type was introduced 'cause Dragon was OP. That's all that was said about that.

10:05: No comment on the total number of new Pokémon.

10:06: Beauty is a theme in the game, and France's beauty is why it was chosen as the inspiration for Kalos.

10:09: EVs and IVs will be made more visible and intuitive in X&Y.

10:11: Hair style and colour, skin tone, and outfits are all customizable. You can set how you appear to other players on the PSS.

10:13: Although 8-way movement is enabled, the game is still grind-based in order to track figures such as Pokémon encounters.

10:15: Music will sound better overall due to lack of compression/downsizing.

10:18: Their lips are sealed regarding Newtwo. Sakurai jokes that he's thinking about putting him in Smash Bros.

10:20: There is an evil team in the game, and there may be more than one rival as well.

10:22: The PSS automatically reads your 3DS Friends List and registers those on it who play X&Y as Friends ingame.

10:23: Certain areas have unique ways of getting around (i.e grinding on rails or Rhyhorning around).

10:24: Shift and Set styles of battling are back, and you can choose the music before entering a trainer battle!

10:27 Riding Pokémon are borrowed from NPCs, and can be used to open obstructed paths.

10:30: IT'S OVER!

Two new Pokémon, the crustaceous Clauncher and thuggish Skrelp, were also shown.:

Skrelp:

BMhsyq-CQAIMXVB.jpg

Clauncher:

BMhstrPCEAESnfu.jpg

Talonflame:

BMhsoItCUAASk8u.jpg

Bulbasaur

Banned
10:11: Hair style and colour, skin tone, and outfits are all customizable. You can set how you appear to other players on the PSS.

corn rows and freckles

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
I will sit and stare at this thread for an hour and a half. If this doesn't deliver, my night will be ruined. D:

upandaway

I can't conceive what they could possibly use this roundtable for (they never did it before), but I guess they'll do something important, since they went ahead and did something they never did before.

I guess.

Awesome. I'm hoping they reveal new Pokemon and update the press site accordingly after the roundtable, but even if it's only insight into the development process into these titles it should still be a nice read.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I hope they reveal Yveltal's and Xerneas' types to be honest. I mean, Sylveon's type was revealed today!

The first dude, Hiro, who claimed Sylveon to be Fairy said they were Fairy (Xerneas) and Dark/Flying (Yveltal)

faridmon

Why is there a summery thread without any summery? Are you telling us to wait for the summery? Why not make a thread about a summery when you have some summery?

I bloody need summery. Get me the fucking summery!

SUMMERY!

PS_GUY

It's starting now!

Pokémon ‏@Pokemon 35s

Mr. Tsunekazu Ishihara, President and CEO of The Pokémon Company, is now taking the stage! #PokemonXY

Wilbur

Banned
Mr. Tsunekazu Ishihara, President and CEO of The Pokémon Company, is now taking the stage! #PokemonXY

and so it begins

ugly

Why wouldn't they broadcast this? Wouldn't it be in their best interests to show everything they have and make it as public as possible?

Top Bottom