• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon X & Y Developer Roundtable Summary Thread

I doubt there will be transferring from app -> G4/5, only G4/5 -> app.

Probably the app will be able to poke at the game data directly, just like Dream Radar was able to insert Pokémon into your B2W2 games. I think that should be a significantly different process, technically, from connecting a DS game to a 3DS game wirelessly.

There's no reason that they can't make a pokemon box type app that dumps your pokemon data from a DS cart into the app which can then be transfered to X/Y.

Have previous Pokemon games included furigana? That language option might make it useful for people learning Japanese. Might want to try a Japanese playthrough myself the second (or third) time round.

Have previous Pokemon games included furigana? That language option might make it useful for people learning Japanese. Might want to try a Japanese playthrough myself the second (or third) time round.

Before Gen V, there is no kanji support for almost all of the game

Starting from Gen V, it's selectable

TheOGB

Banned
Talonflame lookin boss, Clauncher lookin like a Sonic badnik

Really enjoying the news I'm hearing come out of this. Pokemon-Aime still sounds adorbs

Riposte

9:50: Stronger bonds allow for more critical hits or evasion in battle. A new type of wild encounters called "Horde Encounters" (as many as 4 wild Pokémon appearing at once) detailed. Designed to make wild encounters more challenging and thrilling.

I like this idea. Was always on my mind when I thought to myself "How do you make Pokemon a better single player game?" That and "boss modes" for legendaries.

NSSR

Neo Member
Clauncher's cute! I hope it doesn't end up sucking like its fellow crustacean brethren (sob)

All hyped now for the new games! Can't wait to pet a big fat Crobat. Aw yiss.

TrickRoom

I'm dizzy right now. Beyond all hopes I actually managed to see this thing live.

One bit that I don't think anyone mentioned here yet was that during the battle between the seahorse and the lobster, someone's health dropped into the red-zone. It didn't have the BW-type of music change, and the regular beeping alarm started sounding instead. I could hear a few murmurs here and there about the annoyig alarm returning as it happened, but then after about a second the beeping stopped.

So... I think it only sounds for a money when you ente the red zone and doesn't bother you or the music again.

decaf

Can anyone confirm if there are still Ribbons? While they couldn't be earned in BW/BW2 they still showed up on an extra stat page for earlier generation Pokemon.

(Third tab at the bottom)

japanese-movie-15-event-screenshot.png

Calcium

Banned
I like everything they released, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. I was expecting a little more information from such a long event. I was really hoping they'd show the starter evolutions so I could pick one already.

JoeM86

Been listing to the audio a friend recorded. Everything sounds awesome, wish I could have seen their 3D model creation method

Top Bottom