• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns NA & European pre-order bonuses announced - Cloud Costume

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...form-in-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppvcqxfmPOE

9185730847_56a7aed33e_z.jpg

Europe bonuses:

PRE-ORDER BONUS PACK:
Limited edition Steelbook including downloadable content token - giving access to the iconic gear of Cloud Strife from FINAL FANTASY VII, including the legendary Buster Sword and Soldier’s Band! Cloud's famous victory pose and fanfare have also been faithfully recreated!
The downloadable content will be available to use for those who receive the Pre-Order Bonus Pack, on launch of the LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII game. Specific abilities that come with the Cloud outfit and weapon will be announced at a later time.

LIGHTNING SAMURAI SET:
Themed around the renowned samurai warriors, each garb in this three-set collection offers unique looks and abilities. Includes “Shogun”, “Sohei Savior” and “Flower of Battle” items. Defeat your enemies with the honour of the samurai!

nico1982

I don't know why, but for a few instants I thought they were giving away 1:1 replicas of the sword and cheap cotton oversuits...

Rootbeer

Banned
Do I like it? Sure... but won't this just be for sale on PSN/XBL as DLC sometime later just like with FFXIII-2's DLC? Probably for like... 2.99? Still very much on the fence about spending $60 on this... these FF games drop in price like lightning.

Do you think they have heard of the resemblance? This seems like a good joke on their part. I would probably play the entire game with that costume and just pretend to be cloud.

JDSN

Banned
I understand now why SE will never release FFVII, they wont be able to get away with this shit if they do.

tsumineko

Hey, we know Lightning is your favourite character! Now you can improve every other FF character we've made, by making them Lightning too!

Still not buying until the price drop which will be like 2 months after release watch. I swear Final Fantasy 13-2 was 59.99 for what seemed a month and then it suddenly went down to 39.99.

Famassu

Hahaha wow. Square really getting desperate it seems.
How is this desperate? Seriously, tone down the sad butthurt fan hate.

Because it's quite exactly a throwback to the more....restrained era of SE. Before they handed Nomura free reign to (over)design whatever the fuck he wanted.
Nomura designs characters as per the request of the directors of the games he works on. In FFXV he's the director and the character designs are not over the top at all.

Adamm

Was pre-ordering anyway.
But this is amazing!

Hopefully they release more final fantasy costumes, you can have my money square-enix!

I had no interest in LR but I actually want this now. I had no idea FF7 nostalgia still had this much power over me.

I'm the same. It's not because of lightning but it's the chance to pretty much run around a 3D FF as Cloud. That's pretty much what this boils down to for me. Damn Square and their secret weapon

Negator

lol Fuck off SE

They know what their fans really want. This is some shameless maximum troll level bullshit.

Squire

Banned
Do you think they have heard of the resemblance? This seems like a good joke on their part. I would probably play the entire game with that costume and just pretend to be cloud.

It's intentional. They were saying "She's like a female Cloud!" the same year they announced the game.

_woLf

I think this is a really cool idea and the game looks really fun.

Two very minority opinions on GAF, I know.

Top Bottom