• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns NA & European pre-order bonuses announced - Cloud Costume

Toxi

Banned
Huh, I never thought I'd say this, but Cloud's Final Fantasy VII outfit is actually pretty nice, outside of that hideously oversized bracelet. It looks practical and comfy. It's way better than the duds he wore in Advent Children.

Why the fuck are these ass hats using ff7 nostalgia to promote a game nobody asked for... When the cash cow concept that is perfectly reasonable and wanted by fans - remaking FF7 itself - is something they aren't willing to do.

SE guy 1 : market research indicates that a FF7 remake would make bank.

SE guy 2: no, instead lets give them a sequel starring a character nobody gave two shits about

SE guy 1 :pre order's are low for lightning returns sir

SE guy 2: shit, hey - what was that super popular game people wanted a remake for...ff7 was it? Lets give em clouds costume, thatll work.

SE guy 1:.......fuuuuuuuuucc

Amazon.com with Xbox 360.

LRFFXIII_CloudStrife_Preorder._V379607574_.jpg

Chev

Because it's quite exactly a throwback to the more....restrained era of SE. Before they handed Nomura free reign to (over)design whatever the fuck he wanted.

Except that "restrained" costume is one designed by Nomura and the crazy LR costumes are designed by Toshiyuki Itahana.

RussellXV

Victory Fanfare! I'm pre-ordering.

Edit: That description at Amazon doesn't look right. $10 credit, early access?

Esura

Banned
Good lord...my day has just been made.

Lightning...my favorite female FF character....dressed up as my favorite male FF character!? This is so fucking unreal. It's like they've read mines and million's of other Lightning's fans minds. Or they lurked pixiv.

I should now preorder this game asap.

Famassu

Why the fuck are these ass hats using ff7 nostalgia to promote a game nobody asked for... When the cash cow concept that is perfectly reasonable and wanted by fans - remaking FF7 itself - is something they aren't willing to do.
They've clearly stated they'd WANT to make a FFVII remake but unlike you think, it's not the easy cash-cow at all. Remaking FFVII would be a massive undertaking, that effort is much better used in making new games like FFXV & KHIII.

Alphahawk

"Hey remember that game we made you actually liked? The one with the hero you cared about? Well now. You can dress up your charcter to look like him. Please, buy our game, please."

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
European bonuses:

PRE-ORDER BONUS PACK:
Limited edition Steelbook including downloadable content token - giving access to the iconic gear of Cloud Strife from FINAL FANTASY VII, including the legendary Buster Sword and Soldier’s Band! Cloud's famous victory pose and fanfare have also been faithfully recreated!
The downloadable content will be available to use for those who receive the Pre-Order Bonus Pack, on launch of the LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII game. Specific abilities that come with the Cloud outfit and weapon will be announced at a later time.

LIGHTNING SAMURAI SET:
Themed around the renowned samurai warriors, each garb in this three-set collection offers unique looks and abilities. Includes “Shogun”, “Sohei Savior” and “Flower of Battle” items. Defeat your enemies with the honour of the samurai!

Aaron

Wow, that is WAY BETTER than her default outfit. It doesn't look like a bunch of shit stuck together.

Stuart444

European bonuses:

PRE-ORDER BONUS PACK:
Limited edition Steelbook including downloadable content token - giving access to the iconic gear of Cloud Strife from FINAL FANTASY VII, including the legendary Buster Sword and Soldier’s Band! Cloud's famous victory pose and fanfare have also been faithfully recreated!
The downloadable content will be available to use for those who receive the Pre-Order Bonus Pack, on launch of the LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII game. Specific abilities that come with the Cloud outfit and weapon will be announced at a later time.

LIGHTNING SAMURAI SET:
Themed around the renowned samurai warriors, each garb in this three-set collection offers unique looks and abilities. Includes “Shogun”, “Sohei Savior” and “Flower of Battle” items. Defeat your enemies with the honour of the samurai!

Steelbook? Nice, the XIII-2 Steelbook was nice as well.

KeRaSh

Well played SE...
I would have pre ordered this anyways because I really liked XIII and XIII-2 (
fuck me, right?
) but it's a nice bonus incentive.

Is this deal available through Amazon UK, too?

/edit: Apparently this is also available in Europe but I hope the steelbook is optional. I don't like steelbook cases.

European bonuses:

PRE-ORDER BONUS PACK:

LIGHTNING SAMURAI SET:

Interesting, I wonder if there will be a Crystal edition like there was of 13-2?

Stuart444

pa22word

How is this desperate? Seriously, tone down the sad butthurt fan hate.

benderlaugh83s26.gif

Nomura designs characters as per the request of the directors of the games he works on. In FFXV he's the director and the character designs are not over the top at all.

1. lol Square is even crazier than I thought

2. Compared to modern square? I guess. In general? Still pretty out there.

Except that "restrained" costume is one designed by Nomura and the crazy LR costumes are designed by Toshiyuki Itahana.

I thought it was pretty clear that I was speaking generally.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Lighting in ffxiii was hot because of her being a soldier and having a good outfit imo.
The outfits of the sequels are bullshit, the cloud's one looks more appropriate to me.
Hahaha wow. Square really getting desperate it seems.
They would not have been desperate if in these years they made what people wanted.

Stuart444

Yes.

Unlike most FF titles though, you'll play it once, put it back in the case, and never think about it again.

Not necessarily, I know I played through it at least 3 times however after the first time, it really feels sluggish going through the first 5 or so chapters due to all the tutorials/not having access to all features of the battle system.

Alternatively, you can play FFXIII-2 and just use the in-built summary thing to catch up on what happened in FFXIII.

Top Bottom