• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag to get manga series in Jump

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Presumably an anime announcement can't be too far away.

Polygon said:
Japanese manga magazine Jump will begin running a new manga this fall based on Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, the publication announced today.

The manga's storyline will follow Black Flag protagonist Edward Kenway as he decides to enter the conflict between the Assassins and Templars — in addition to navigating the pitfalls of his already perilous pirate lifestyle. The story will be written by Japanese historical novelist Yano Takashi and will be drawn by manga artist Kenji Oiwa, known for his work on the Midas Eater and Goth comic series.

The series will begin running in the first September issue of Jump.

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/9/4507024/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-manga-hits-japan-this-september

1373353326-aciv-manga.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Watch out, One Piece.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Is it wrong that this is what makes me care about the game?

Do they mean Shonen Jump or is there another magazine simply called Jump?

Anyway, that was quite unexpected. Assassin's Creed comics has been done before -- I even own some of them. Assassin's Creed: The Fall is a must-read if you like the franchise. But manga? We'll see how that works out.

Sendou

Isn't Assassin's Creed relatively popular in Japan? Will be interesting to see how this will turn out either way.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I love Oiwa's stuff so I'll be checking this out. Could be pretty interesting. Way more excited for this than I am the actual game.

Hexa

I did not expect this... at all... and in Jump too.
Wow... just wow...
Can they throw him in the cross over Jump game now? :D

CSX

might as well make it the Assassin Creed franchise official manga and have it last a thousand chapters

Top Bottom