• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3's Opening

Man, I'm not even a huge Pikmin fan, but that intro just charmed the pants offa me. So good, Nintendo.

EDIT: Is it just me, or did I hear a Duck Hunt sound effect when the ship exploded?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Pikmin 3 is out today on Japan, and there's already footage around including a 3 hour stream by Cheesemeister which was wonderful.

Off topic, but that gave me shivers.

Nintendo's charm combined with a more powerful HD console. I can't wait for more! Art style, presentation, setup. Makes me want a HD Mother for Wii U. :)

Heyt

Banned
Seemed kinda basic to me. Not sure why it's so amazing to you guys.

I also thought this. Also
With an space trip so long I would think Koppai died of hunger before they arrived to 404...
I know Nintendo doesn't put a lot on ephasis on story but, come on, consistency please.

Off topic, but that gave me shivers.

Thanks, I always get that wrong since english is not my first language :p

With an space trip so long I would think Koppai died of hunger before they arrived to 404...
I know Nintendo doesn't put a lot on ephasis on story but, come on, consistency please.

They didn't mention at what velocity the spaceship was traveling though.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Im going to have to agree. The ending f the video was slick as hell, but the rest was nothing Id watch twice...

Either way, pikmin 3 hyypee

Yeah no doubt the game looks fucking awesome--and I'm not even a huge Nintendo fan these days.

But the opening was...eh at best.

Meier

Just watched 20 minutes of a Let's Play type video (well, I skimmed through it) and it looks godly. So many nice touches.. environments look fantastic and the number of Pikmin being shown with your cursor is a great addition. I can't wait.

Cbajd5

Didn't you see
the warp drive lines/effect/imagery, obviously the trip only took a day or two at most.

I mean, it doesn't look like they aged or anything even.

zroid

Banned
Seemed kinda basic to me. Not sure why it's so amazing to you guys.

It's the tone and style. Perfectly executed. The movie is very similar to the kind of thing you might watch before boarding a theme park attraction. Then Pikmin 3 is the ride!

blamite

Lightyears measure distance, not time.

JDSN

Banned
Charming as hell, reminded me of Wall-E so now I find myself suddenly hyped for a game of a console I dont own.

I loved how they used the planets's orbits to slingshot the ship.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Did you even watch the video? Its pretty obvious they were moving through some sort of hyperspace.

Effect

Thought about that then I thought about
warp drive or whatever tech was on that ship. The animation suggest they used something similar to that.

I'm confused as to why the opening is in English though.

Cbajd5

I wonder what happened to Olimar or if he's in the story at all.

I think it's been confirmed that
they find Olimar's logs. Other than that IT'S A MYSTERY.

why hasn't anyone beat it yet, i mean it's already been like 9 hours since it was released

Alienous

I think it's been confirmed that
they find Olimar's logs. Other than that IT'S A MYSTERY.

why hasn't anyone beat it yet, i mean it's already been like 9 hours since it was released

Oh God, I so badly want
Olimar to go Colonel Kurtz on everyone. That would be awesome. Beard Olimar.

blamite

I wonder what happened to Olimar or if he's in the story at all.
actual spoilers maybe:

I think I read that there are journal logs or something by him?

Also if Koppai doesn't know about the Pikmin planet but Olimar has been there already during the time the game takes place there's probably some kind of time travel/time dilation aspect to the story which I'd assume is actually related to the length of the journey and the warp drive or whatever.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Nothing really matters,

love is all we need,

everything I give you,

ALL comes back to me.

Darryl

Banned
Ugh, want to watch that second video but not be spoiled. Probably time for media blackout hat.

i usually don't watch those things but i thought hey maybe i'll just check out what happens right after the intro and next thing i know i'm 30 minutes in. there's something adorable happening at every turn and the graphics are great!

Top Bottom