• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD - Newly arranged music

Really, you should be getting every single party member in every single battle and Overkilling every single enemy you ever face.

This is too extreme and I discourage people from doing with. It'll turn the game into a chore and take a lot of the fun out of it. What I always do is use Tidus, Auron and Yuna as my main party. This means I make sure they always get XP in every single battle. I will switch to other party members only when enemies require it, and I make sure I use everyone when battling a boss.

If one has already played the game, then if they want to use every party member in every battle they should go for it. As for newcomers though, I would heavily discourage doing that. It could very well sour the experience.

This is too extreme and I discourage people from doing with. It'll turn the game into a chore and take a lot of the fun out of it. What I always do is use Tidus, Auron and Yuna as my main party. This means I make sure they always get XP in every single battle. I will switch to other party members only when enemies require it, and I make sure I use everyone when battling a boss.

If one has already played the game, then if they want to use every party member in every battle they should go for it. As for newcomers though, I would heavily discourage doing that. It could very well sour the experience.

Why would that sour the experience? If anything, it helps battles go faster and faster as the game goes on (and honestly, swapping people in for a simple Defend command takes no time at all). And especially by the time you hit Mt. Gagazet, you really want to be sure that all of your party is genuinely capable. Otherwise, it's really, really easy to severely underlevel certain characters, Lulu/Rikku/Kimahri especially.

TheChaos0

Why would that sour the experience? If anything, it helps battles go faster and faster as the game goes on (and honestly, swapping people in for a simple Defend command takes no time at all). And especially by the time you hit Mt. Gagazet, you really want to be sure that all of your party is genuinely capable. Otherwise, it's really, really easy to severely underlevel certain characters, Lulu/Rikku/Kimahri especially.

it's still a chore to do every single battle, I tried exactly that when I playing on PS2, I gave up a while later and just stuck with Tidus, Auron and Yuna for the rest of the game and didn't have any problems.

Seda

I do try to do exactly what badcrumble is saying, actually. Swap everyone in once and overdrive bosses whenever possible.

Banzai

I agree with swapping in everyone but going out of my way to overkill everything? too much of a hassle.
especially that thing about ochu. nevermind that i never use +mp spheres anyway, but never in all of my playthroughs did i think anyone needed more mp. hoarding ethers, are we?

I agree with swapping in everyone but going out of my way to overkill everything? too much of a hassle.
especially that thing about ochu. nevermind that i never use +mp spheres anyway, but never in all of my playthroughs did i think anyone needed more mp. hoarding ethers, are we?

Wakka definitely churns through MP pretty fast if you use his special abilities, and he starts with only 10 MP (enough for two Darkness Attacks, basically).

And overkilling everything really isn't hard at all - it just means you have to actually put effort into defeating bosses strategically (sort of, anyway - most of them are still easy as hell regardless) and save Aeon overdrives for a last-minute killing blow. Every normal enemy has its weakness and they're all very, very easy to kill with the right character (and this gets easier and easier and easier if you do the whole every-character/overkill thing, because your characters get pretty damn powerful pretty damn fast).

Diablos

Rearranged music

Hamauzu contributed with 20 tracks in the original FFX. There are a total of approximately 91 songs in the game. I'm hoping that these rearanged songs will actually sound very similar to the ones we've been listening to for years.
WTF

The OST is fine as is! Leave it alone!

Ughhh Squeenix

Banzai

Wakka definitely churns through MP pretty fast if you use his special abilities, and he starts with only 10 MP (enough for two Darkness Attacks, basically).

And overkilling everything really isn't hard at all - it just means you have to actually put effort into defeating bosses strategically (sort of, anyway - most of them are still easy as hell regardless) and save Aeon overdrives for a last-minute killing blow. Every normal enemy has its weakness and they're all very, very easy to kill with the right character (and this gets easier and easier and easier if you do the whole every-character/overkill thing, because your characters get pretty damn powerful pretty damn fast).

hm. do you actually use his darkness attacks all that often, though? as you said yourself, most fights are rather easy.
and i might actually not be remembering this right, but...attacking an enemy with the right character is not a guaranteed overkill, is it? unless you grind at some point, which i dont think i ever had to do. except maybe at gagazet out of frustration^^.

hm. do you actually use his darkness attacks all that often, though? as you said yourself, most fights are rather easy.
and i might actually not be remembering this right, but...attacking an enemy with the right character is not a guaranteed overkill, is it? unless you grind at some point, which i dont think i ever had to do. except maybe at gagazet out of frustration^^.

Overkills tend to come along pretty frequently once you hit a certain point in the game, unless you're underleveling your characters. Bringing every character into every battle and Overkilling as many enemies as you possibly can specifically means you get high levels without ever having to grind.

As for his darkness attacks, yeah, I use them pretty frequently in the early game (they're seriously useful against bosses and bigger enemies, though they don't do much against the smaller enemies that are mostly meant to be one-hit-killed).

Reading through this thread, I'll agree with the common thought that most of the "chipped" music is being redone.

That reminded me of an Interview I read with Sakimoto (of FF12/Tactics fame), who mentioned that they recorded the majority of FFXII's music, but then later found out that the PS2 couldn't produce many of the sounds they used, so many of the tracks were this orchestrated/synth hybrid where some instruments are being composed by the PS2's sound chip, or something like that...it's been forever since I read that article.

But I found that very interesting, and I almost wonder if maybe they couldn't reproduce the FFX tracks accurately/had trouble with it?

Kyon

Banned
Ultros that title potential! <3333

Also

Someone's steam PRESSED

I live for these FUMES over the Queen YunaSUS tho.

ibfJY6EJMld0Hv.gif

Goli

So it appears the latest Vita update adds that PS+ button to the live area as we saw in those X-2 shots. Last Mission confirmed then?

jaxword

What was the first place the FFX epilogue FFX-2 prologue "Eternal Calm" was seen?

Was it on the FFXInternational disc? Was it part of FFXInternational's ending?

Squire

Banned
What was the first place the FFX epilogue FFX-2 prologue "Eternal Calm" was seen?

Was it on the FFXInternational disc? Was it part of FFXInternational's ending?

It was added to the international version, yeah.

In the states, PTOM put it on one of their pack-in DVDs for an issue.

Atlantis

Having them switch equipment is even quicker. I'm one of those that makes sure every character gets exp every fight, especially since they're all useful.

On the subject of Wakka's status attacks, they're pretty much 100% useless after you get Rikku since her bombs outclass them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Switching equipment is faster?

Jacobbles

After reading through this thread, I desperately want to play through X again.

But do I wait for the HD version? Or do I give in, and play the PS2 version? It could be ages until the HD version comes out ._.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
~_~

No.
Come on man, it's pretty good :3!
After reading through this thread, I desperately want to play through X again.

But do I wait for the HD version? Or do I give in, and play the PS2 version? It could be ages until the HD version comes out ._.
If I could wait 6 years, you can wait 12 months (max). Wait for it!

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Was there any requirement to seeing it? Beating all the dark Aeons or anything like that?

I think it was on a separate disc. That's why it wasn't included in the PAL release if I'm not mistaken.

I think it was on a separate disc. That's why it wasn't included in the PAL release if I'm not mistaken.

Huh? I thought it was just thrown in there with the international content, and that the Audio drama as the separate thing.

What do I know though, I'm just an American who isn't good enough for any of SE's precious expansions. Hmmph.

zanyu

Why do I get the feeling they're going to replace 'Suteki Da Ne' in some Leona Lewis-esque fashion because that would be 'too Japanese'.

This;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3IxVy_tuAI

With this (or something similar);
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug7KNoiT2xU

I bet they do it.

Was just catching up on this thread, I'm pretty much super stoked for this.

As much as I am for nostalgia, I also like to have a "new" experience. This is the first time I've ever heard the English lyrics for that song, I didn't think it was too terrible. I personally wouldn't mind if they changed some songs, and replaced that Suteki Da Ne song into the English version.

HeelPower: FFX SPOILERS
you mean the fayth not aeons right ? Fayth are human souls that persist in statues made by yevon.Certain important figures became fayth which grants the ability to manipulate pyreflies(sort of life/energy particles in spira)..Fayth create aeons , the zanarkand at the start of the game, Tidus and other stuff in their sleep...In the end of FFX Yuna sends everything into the Farplane..Tidus cannot simply exist independent of all this lore to satisfy mad fangirls

Reply:
I think the way I remember it is the Fayth are just the collection of spirits. Aeons are physical embodiments of the the "strongest" Fayth. Spirits with extreme emotions and determination and then certain people "transform" them into an aeon. Like Seymour's mother wanting to protect her son, make him strong, and she "sacrificed" herself to become Anima. That's why there aren't many aeons in general, I assume at least, it's an extremely painful/torturous process, and the spirit of the individual must be strong enough to continue to persist constantly.

This is supported by the fact that the whole 'Final Aeon' process, needed to be someone with a strong enough bond that could pierce Sin's armor.

The Fayth of Zanarkand is just a collection of spirits of the entire civilization 1000 years ago. And since they are a collection of one super aeon: Sin
They generate so much power they have a physical of both Sin, dream Zanarkand and it's civilians. From what I understand, dream Zanarkand is "real" and so are the dreamed up people, like they have bodies etc. We never visit or see the dream Zanarkand, only one who knows of it is Sin. It's also why Sin seeks out high tech machina so they don't go super explorer mode and find the hidden dream city.

Yuna and crew killed the aeons and sent them to the farplane, since the farplane is the endplace of everyone, the "heaven" of sorts for the dead. The reason the aeons come back is that Shuyin is mentally and spiritually strong enough to "re-summon" all the aeons of the past due to his 1000 years of lingering around and strong emotions. That's why you fight all the aeons in X-2 at the temples which are all connected to the farplane.

And the only reason you can "see" Tidus when whistling at the farplane in X-2 when you fall in, is just he's practically just a shadow/reminiscent of someone's dream. Since he isn't a real person who actually died, his pyreflies never solidified, like when meeting Wakka's brother, or Lulu's previous summoner.

So for the perfect ending of X-2
Which then the fayth who dreamed up dream zanarkand, Bahamut is like "Hey, I'll try to get everyone together to collect his memories and dream so fucking hard he becomes a real person, and not a dream."

In my mind, this is the 'canon' ending of FFX-2
If this game had a darker atmosphere or more serious tone, I think it'd be acceptable that it would be the canon ending. But since X-2 is about love, happy, everyone wins, I like the good and perfect endings as canon.

Although I liked the sad ending since it conveys a lot more emotions.
Her journey with Tidus, allowed her to "live." She never got to live her life, she lost her parents when she was extremely young, trained as a summoner to follow her father, and just accepted, "I'm going to die so people can live happy." She had absolutely no fucking clue how to be happy. It wasn't until her pilgrimage with Tidus and co. that she understood what it was like to be an actual person. And then at the end of FFX she has to say goodbye to the one person who helped her the most to live. In the eternal calm, you see Yuna doing everything she can by doing all the things Tidus did, she starts holding her breath, swimming, practiced whistling, etc. Yet she still a servant to the people, and isn't until Rikku shows her a sphere that might be Tidus, and tells her "What do you want to do in life?"
Yuna finally decides that she wants to be an actual person and doing something for herself. So she becomes a sphere hunter.

Through X-2 shows that she is able to live for herself, and not just for someone else or the entirety of spira (Then vegnagun). In the sad ending she finally shows that she can move on and be her own person, while in X-2, she used the idea of finding Tidus as a crutch to practically do her own thing and doing many shenanigans around the world like breeding monkeys and shit.

Honestly the sad ending is 1000x better than the Good and Perfect endings. Literally Yuna says "I love you" to Tidus only twice, ever. The first one being in the ending at FFX and she practically mumbles it, not even facing Tidus. The second being in this ending where she is actually saying it to him. Not even in the good or perfect endings does she say it, which is actually really odd imo. This ending if it was the canon ending and in CG, could show how much emotion, all the effort she put into really seeing him. She has to accept that the sacrifices were made and they were for a greater peace, but now can finally continue her own story.

But hey the good and perfect ending gives people warm fuzzies! I mean she did practically kill "Friends" (Aeons) that supported her all the way, saw a tons of people die, found out her whole entire religion is a fucking lie, lost the best thing in her life. So it's nice to throw the good guy a reward in a sense, instead of a big ol' "Fuck you."

Holy shit.
tumblr_milc8aZulw1rm49iao1_250.gif

I just assumed they landed some dense water around Macalania. Cause I thought the temple in X-2 sank or something. But your explanation makes a lot of sense.

jaxword

Yep, it was on a separate disc, a (video) DVD.
I'm hoping they didn't simply upscale the thing.

No, it's completely separate.

Ok, you sound like you've actually tested this. So does the "Eternal Calm" epilogue actually turn up in FFX at any point or is it accessed separately?

Top Bottom