• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Announced, Trailer (It's not fake.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I asked why the trailer was the footage from this video Sol Williams (CEO of RedCoinGames, the developer) responded:

We have worked with Mr. McVeen ever since development on a similar title began. Later the game became RCT4. Read YT Desc.

Trailer

The official RollerCoaster Tycoon 4™ Preview Trailer containing information and confirmation, a release trailer is in the works.

Coming December 2013.
Windows, Mac, Xbox One, Wii U

Clarification:
Atari has gone bankrupt and the original creator of the franchise (Chris Sawyer) has joined us and we are working with him on a new sequel to the series. Also, we have worked with Mr. McVeen ever since development on a similar title began. Later the game became RCT4 and so demo footage was used, we have permission for this. He has also created models for the game.

From the YouTube comments:

Q: Why not PS4?

A: Hardware issues, were working on porting it to PS4 as we speak.

More info: Oculus Rift support is planned for on ride cameras as well as Home Theater (a.k.a Surround Sound) and 3D compatibility.

Soulflarz

Banned
Hardware issues

Wait is the ps4 like the ps3? Aka the "hellish to dev for" console? Thought they fixed it

Also, what? Not fake??

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Wow. Hope this is legit.

The Wii U touch screen would work really well for construction games like this.

Tiu Neo

No Chris Sawyer no...

Oh, wait...

Atari has gone bankrupt and the original creator of the franchise (Chris Sawyer) has joined us

Ok, I'm hyped.

EDIT: But it DOES look fake as hell.

Riki

Really hope this turns out good (At least better than the 3DS game...).
It has a lot of potential on these systems.

whitehawk

Banned
WHAT?!

Okay this could be really good on the Wii U because of the controller. The touch pad on the PS4 would also be great. Although I would reaaaly want this on the Vita.

OR

RCT4 + Oculus Rift

fleck0

Since they still insist on putting focus on riding the roller coasters, it's safe to assume they'll make Oculous Rift Support a priority...

right?

Riki

Also, it's interesting that developers are having problems with the PS4 version.
Isn't that the opposite of what Sony was going for? Wonder what's up.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Love rct but I hope it goes back to what made it fun. It needs minimal load times, tons of people in the park, more variety of shops, more variety of restaurants, easier garbage clean up, and hell throw in the ability to ride all the rides...like an amusement park simulator.

Imagine creating your own park and then walking through it and riding all the rides via oculus....hnnnggggghhh in my soul!!!

NotLiquid

Hardware issues on PS4? That's... the first I've ever heard for any game of it's kind.

This looks interesting. Might get on Wii U if legit.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Xbox One, Wii U, but not PS4?

That's odd.

But anyway, YEEESSSSS!!!

EDIT: Hardware issues? That's... interesting.

Niwa

That was somehow the worst trailer I've ever watched. But I am looking forward to it. Hopefully it will turn good.

Mrbob

Games for Windows? Good grief.

Is this game close to completion? That trailer was horrible. Nostalgia for a sequel to RCT2 is the only reason to stay hopeful, but I'm not expecting greatness here.

The only PS4 hardware issue would be not being able to secure a dev kit.

Bluth54

Awesome news though the trailer itself is awful.

I was so relieved at the end when they showed the platforms and iOS wasn't listed. I was really worried they were going to make it an iOS game.

Ps4 hardware issues ? this is rather surprising because everything we heard from devs is that the PS$ had a very friendly hardware to develop for.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So they were making a copycat of RCT and are now rebranding it AS RCT4?

And who is publishing this? Last we heard, no one had bought the RCT ip from Atari....

Timeless

I'm betting this is fake. 30ish Twitter followers. The new Transport Tycoon would also be taking most of Sawyer's time. He was hardly involved at all in RCT3 and he didn't like how the game turned out. He has enough money, why would he whore out his name on a project he couldn't be directly involved in?

I sent a message to Marjacq, the agency that runs a lot of Chris Sawyer's finances and legal stuff.

Also, would Atari really start the bidding for half of the RCT name at 3.4 million dollars?

This doesn't look real to me. From the cobbled together trailer, or outright copied trailer to the spelling errors etc this all sounds like pure peiced together bullshit. I'd be super excited for rc4 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom