• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One launch lineup announced (Crimson Dragon!)

Leflus

Microsoft PR:
Today at gamescom, the Xbox team confirmed over 20 game titles that are targeted to be available at the Xbox One launch. The hotly anticipated line-up of blockbuster games has been building since the initial announcement of Xbox One, with Microsoft exclusive titles receiving 272 award nominations and 111 wins at E3 2013. You can read the full line-up of currently announced Xbox One games here. And this is just the beginning - many more blockbuster games will be announced in the coming months.

On launch day, you’ll be able to enjoy titles from a diverse range of global developers and renowned studios. Xbox One launch titles include:

•Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
•Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
•Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
•Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
•Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
•FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
•Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
•Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
•Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
•Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
•LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
•Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
•Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
•NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
•NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
•Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
•Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
•Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
•Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
•Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
•Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
•Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
•Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/gamescom-launch

Busty

Banned
That is a strong line up.

I think the dark horse in all that could Just Dance.

If MS really want to shift Kinects from the off they could do worse than heavily concentrating on this in their early marketing.

Alx

That's a lot of games ! Not all of them will be good I suppose, but most of them seem at least decent. It's a nice change from previous releases, I suppose.

@busty : Just Dance is a hit, but it also releases on all other platforms. Maybe if they have some exclusive feature on X1, like a higher number of dancers (since kinect2 can track up to 6), they could use it as a selling point, but I think most people will buy it on Wii or 360.

Watch_Dogs is out 22nd November isn't it? Surely that means its either the same day or later in US then? When is Black Friday?

Jb

Who said launch lineups always sucked? I see 8 games in that list I'd gladly pick up if I had the cash.

Busty

Banned
......but no fucking date.

Wait. What?

I literally just realised this. An MS conference and we still have no European release date.

Are they playing some kind of game of chicken with Sony after they got 'one upped' with the price at E3?

If so that seems a very risky strategy this late in the game.

Montresor

Hhnnnnggg that launch lineup looks so good.

I can see myself getting Watch Dogs, AC4, Killer Instinct, Ryse, Crimson Dragon and Lococycle right away. And probably Dead Rising 3 + Forza a couple of months after launch.

Kerub

Banned
Wait. What?

I literally just realised this. An MS conference and we still have no European release date.

Are they playing some kind of game of chicken with Sony after they got 'one upped' with the price at E3?

Well in a lot of EU countries, there is at least a "2014" date. So we know the year.

Crimson Dragon, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, and Peggle 2 should make for a great launch day for me. Getting Ryse as well which at the very least should be an interesting graphical showpiece, although I think it looks quite fun as well. If Killer Instinct turns out well I'll probably get the actual full release but I'm still not sure how all that works. And while I usually love Twisted Pixel, Lococycle didn't look amazing and I'm already spending tons of money. Many of the third party titles look great but I have my PC for those.

Shame Crimson Dragon is only 30 FPS though, with the move to the One you'd think they'd make it 60.

Crimson Dragon day one? fuck yes

qf01etf5dsbr.gif

Chittagong

Gold Member
Yeah that's really good indeed.

interesting to see how Sony counters. A wild card is that we probably have not seen Xbone versions of these franchises yet so their performance is a mystery. Dead Rising 3, Rise and Killer Instinct add some upside for Microsoft should they turn out to be unexpectedly good.

Wait. What?

I have a feeling they are waiting for Sony to confirm their date first.

Already had Dead Rising 3 preordered, and was definitely jumping on KI. Peggle 2 interests me now as well. I don't think I could afford the time to play any other games, but there are more that I would play given the chance. I am happy that console launches are getting better.

potam

Banned
Wait. What?

I can't see it as being some sort of strategy. If the Oct. release for Sony is true, I doubt MS can get out of the gate before then...so they'd be left with announcing after Sony has gotten all the limelight, and also announcing a later date.

I honestly get the impression that they don't have a firm date set.

Sandfox

Is it wrong that the only game on that list I would consider buying if I was getting an Xbox One is Crimson Dragon?

adixon

Launch lineups are going to be crazy strong this time around! Personally the xbox lineup is more exciting for me right now (crimson dragon put it over the top) but I'll still probably go for the ps4 first.

The news of Killer Instinct killed my hype. I'm only really getting the PS4 because the missus will want to play XV and KH3 and I'll need a FIFA and Tekken box.

Looks like I better invest in a better graphics card.

Leonsito

That's a pretty good lineup, but the price will hurt them a lot, I may still get one, but the PS4 is going to steamroll them this christmas.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
So these are launch titles not launch-window titles? Not bad if so. A lot of those are solid third party games, so it sort of captures how serious they are about the xbone/PS4.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I am interested in Forza and Dead rising out of the exclusives on the list. Not enough for me to buy it day 1, but I feel PS4 is going to be similar.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Looks good. The 3rd parties are killing it for both the PS4 and the Xbone.

Mifune

Mehmber
Exclusives I would want are Crimson Dragon and PEGGLE MOTHERFUCKING 2!

Seriously, how did nobody mention that Peggle 2 is a launch title?

That is a solid lineup! Funny to see which of the biggest hitters (COD/BF3/FIFA/MADDEN) will rise to the top.

Is Crimson Dragon Kinect only or controller only or both?

Alphahawk

Out of the twenty launch titles there are five which are not cross gen, which is kinda shameful. Hopefully Sony can do better.

I want to play new experiences, I don't just want games I can get currently with dolled up graphics.

acm2000

The news of Killer Instinct killed my hype. I'm only really getting the PS4 because the missus will want to play XV and KH3 and I'll need a FIFA and Tekken box.

Looks like I better invest in a better graphics card.

a new killer instinct killed your hype?

you do realise its a full retail priced game, OR a semi f2p type game, your choice

Weird, I thought Sunset Overdrive was gonna be a launch title.

I think MS was kind of put in a position where they needed to show any game that was in development to try and drum up positive news. This could put them in a bad position for a little while after launch with no news to hype the system. I could be completely off base, but I thought it was weird that there were plenty of rumours flying about in April/May that MS was behind the ball for game development and then they came out with a more impressive list of exclusives than Sony. How many exclusives are in that launch lineup?

Top Bottom