• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One launch lineup announced (Crimson Dragon!)

IrishNinja

Who said launch lineups always sucked? I see 8 games in that list I'd gladly pick up if I had the cash.

it's subjective, though...usually, they do suck for me, to varying degrees (post dreamcast, granted that one had a big head start). like, i can recognize the breadth of titles here, but very little strikes me as exciting that i can't find elsewhere

Strong line-up, shits all over the Xbox 360 and PS3 launches.

oh yeah, i can definitely agree with that last statement though

Launch games I'm interested in:

•Crimson Dragon

okay yeah, that's the standout title for me too

see something like that, and if SWERY's thing go well, that'd be cool

SentryDown

10 exclusives on day One ? That seems really stupid, many of those won't sell due to multiplats AAA releasing at the same time.

SMZC

Well, this seems to confirm a late November release. If PS4 gets a full month advantage over the Xbone as the rumors are indicating, that would be big for Sony.

Lucid07

Only thing I would get IF I bought a xbone along with the PS4 would be Dead rising. Not really worth it, hopefully there will be a price drop next year when more games are out. PS4 launch window line up looks more interesting.

Launch line up is more appealing to me than Sonys. All those 180s made Xbox One less of a clusterfuck. Still undecided if i'm gonna get one.

Raide

•Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
•Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
•Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
•Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
•Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)

Probably the ones I will get for launch.

Krilekk

Banned
•Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
•Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
•Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
•Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
•LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
•Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
•Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
•Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
•Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
•Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)

*cough*

Solid launch lineup. Although, TBH, not that interesting to me. Certainly not enough to preorder the console (XB1 or PS4).
Most of those games will be available on the PC and stuff that I'm really interested in comes in 2014. or later.
I hope folks who preordered find it worth their time and money and that there are no hardware issues or something.

Cheers!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I really thought Criterion were working on NFS Rivals, suppose they are working on next years NFS then?

K.Sabot

Best launch line up yet.

All that HD development experience really pays off when the new consoles are just "that old one but better".

Yagharek

Strikes me as a very safe launch list. I guess all the big franchises are there, as well as a couple of new big ones like Watchdogs and Ryse.

I'm sure they will be quite good, but it's not to my tastes.

That said, Zoe Mode are developing for it? That could be interesting.

There's no denying that's a stellar line-up.

But where's the date?

I'm not going to say anything bad, but if this counts as stellar then I'm afraid Ive reached the point where my gaming tastes are completely unlike the core market tastes.

Seanspeed

Banned
A hell of a launch line-up, that's for sure.

Gotta say, all the fear that Microsoft wouldn't be about the games anymore(or would mostly be Kinect/kiddy stuff) should be alleviated now at least.

10 exclusives on day One ? That seems really stupid, many of those won't sell due to multiplats AAA releasing at the same time.

Multiplays won't have people buy new consoles for them, exclusives just might. It's a pretty strong line-up, without Kinnect and at a lower price point it would be a really appealing launch by.

Peggle 2 though? I want a Peggle 2 release date and confirmation it's no F2P bullshit.

AniHawk

i'd be in it for watch_dogs, crimson dragon, and maybe dead rising 3, with the intent on buying sunset overdrive, kingdom hearts 3, and mirror's edge sometime down the road if the machine wasn't so god damned expensive.

One of the better launches I can remember, that's for sure.

I'll definitely be picking up Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon, Ryse and Dead Rising 3.

Considering Battlefield 4 and Watch Dogs.

I'm a bit surprised though. Where's Minecraft? I was sure that would be a launch title. Maybe we won't be seeing that until 2014.

I will say that Microsoft has a lot more appealing software line up for launch than the PS4. However the price hurts them a lot but we shall see once I get a next generation console which one is more appealing to me.

Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon and maybe Dead Rising 3 would be appealing.

Thoraxes

What a terrible lineup :/

Pretty much only one game i'm lightly interested in that I may not be able to get on PC, but everything else i'd rather just play it on PC.

Tmecha

Neo Member
damn don't know what to get, can only afford 2 games.

Is crimson dragon a digital game or a full retail release?

Top Bottom