• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One launch lineup announced (Crimson Dragon!)

What a terrible lineup :/

Pretty much only one game i'm lightly interested in that I may not be able to get on PC, but everything else i'd rather just play it on PC.

I wouldn't call it terrible (Actually quite solid), but it's not very engaging to me personally.
The only thing I'd want is crimson dragon, IF that was fixed, because the previews it had gotten were pretty bad, or at least very disappointing.

So if you've got a PC, there's absolutely no reason to get an Xbox.

It counteracts the need for either platform, but I know I'm far more interested in PS4 launch and upcoming exclusives

boring line up is boring.

not a single standout title, mostly just a continuation from the same shit on a different platform. not bad but hardly convincing.

So if you've got a PC, there's absolutely no reason to get an Xbox.

•Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
•Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
•Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
•Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
•Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
•Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
•Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)

Yup. No reason.

JaggedSac

I'll be grabbing DR3, KI $20 edition, I'll check out a demo of ryse, and probably buy BF. Maybe CoD since they announced dedis for it. And I'll grab Crimson Dragon.

Paskil

Need more sleep. Read tha as Forza Watersport. Nice, strong lineup.Wonder if Sony has a fighting game on hold. That will be their weak suit, if not.

Thoraxes

•Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
•Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
•Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
•Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)

Yup. No reason.

You're just proving his point.

I wouldn't call it terrible (Actually quite solid), but it's not very engaging to me personally.
The only thing I'd want is crimson dragon, IF that was fixed, because the previews it had gotten were pretty bad, or at least very disappointing.

It counteracts the need for either platform, but I know I'm far more interested in PS4 launch and upcoming exclusives
As far as my affinity for the franchises listed goes... I really do think it is not good at all. Alas, it is just my gaming tastes.

SentryDown

Multiplays won't have people buy new consoles for them, exclusives just might. It's a pretty strong line-up, without Kinnect and at a lower price point it would be a really appealing launch by.

Peggle 2 though? I want a Peggle 2 release date and confirmation it's no F2P bullshit.

Look at preorders, most anticipated games on next-gen are BF4, AC4, Watch Dogs, COD Ghosts and so on. Microsoft should delay some games to avoid post-launch drought

Apdiddy

Looks suprisingly similar to the Xbox 360 launch lineup....still, might be one of the better launch lineups with Forza 5, AC IV, Watch_Dogs, COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, NFS Rivals, and Dead Rising 3 alone.

def sim

I'm just glad there's a Japanese game I want at launch. It was a little weird not having a single one for either console.

Satchel

Banned
Christ that is the best launch lineup I've seen..possibly ever.

Even if you took out all the 3rd party games that's a really really decent lineup. I mean, the only major genre missing there is RPGs and maybe Platformers (depending on what you consider Lego and Skylanders to be)

But dem exclusives. Wow.

Hex

Banned
As odd as it sounds, the only XboxONE titles I give a shit about right now are Crimson Dragon and Disney Fantasia.
Good to see a solid launch date slot for Crimson Dragon, I hope it is not overshadowed because it deserves love.
I thought Fantasia was launch also, but I guess it is early'14?

RPGamer92

Banned
Good first party games in Forza, Crimson Dragoon, and Dead Rising. Maybe for Ryse and Killer Instinct as well when I got one next year.

•Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
•Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
•Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)

Ill take these ones at launch thanks! 6 games is a great launch for me! I know Forza will be great but i prefer PGR styles of racing games.

Kimawolf

Hmm yeah, not looking that impressive to me. One, maybe 2 games possibly. The rest i can get on my PC at a higher fidelity most likely.

Top Bottom