• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Gamecom Cards/New Destiny ViDoc 10am PDT/ Gamescom Playthrough

Spawnling

img_destiny.jpg

Brand new Gamescom Playthrough of their E3 demo of Destiny set in "Old Russia" entitled, "Behind Closed Doors at Gamescom 2013."

ALSO

So Bungie has been working over at Gamescom showing off their new world yet again. This time, exclusive attendees recieved rare "Destiny Gamescom Trading Cards". On each of the cards is a code that will unlock something for you in Destiny. Here is the official article from the Community Manager DeeJ:

BSQr2LjIMAAUvjN.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/7_Gamescom-Tr...source=code&utm_medium=card&utm_campaign=gc13
Welcome to Bungie.net, and thanks for checking us out at Gamescom.

The card you hold in your hot little hand is yours to keep, but feel free to share the code with friends - or even total strangers. It will give you access to something small and fun in the future, but you don’t need to worry about it being exclusive. It’s not live yet, but feel free to spread the love.

While you wait, feel free to check out our awesome website, maybe register an account if you haven’t already, and share your winning personality with the rest of the community.

Check back from time to time, and see if it's time to claim your loot.

I asked once FraserBaws has posted his cards publicly and didn't mind them being posted over here. (They are reusable, so share them!)

Here are the codes:

• Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9
  • Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A
  • Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH
  • Rixis, Archon Slayer: TCN-HCD-TGY
  • Old Russia:HDX-ALM-V4K

ALSO

Here's the newest Destiny ViDoc!

hNbUM9A.png
ZbOPNgB.png

VaTUhsC.png
3kuvvvS.png

Paskil

The more I hear about this game, the more I want it. I'm not big on shooters, but if this shares traits with the genre like Borderlands does (and certain features seem to imply), I will have a lot of fun playing this.

le.phat

The game looks incredibly cool, but the banter, oh god, the banter ;0

Btw, i think this is the FPS to beat next gen. Awesome tech!

Just to clarify, this playthrough will be seperate from the E3 demo as well as the Gamescom one posted above ? (watching through that now, and it being the same area as E3 is allowing for little variability)

Super hyped for Destiny, but I wish Bungie's playthroughs weren't as choreographed. I know they're trying to show off the game's features, but it'd be nice if they mixed it up.

What happens if you don't bring out the ghost? Does the rest of the building feel like a Doom level?

monome

Give me Love.

Give me all that you've got.

The game looks incredibly cool, but the banter, oh god, the banter ;0

Btw, i think this is the FPS to beat next gen. Awesome tech!

my spider-sense tells me Titanfall will cut hard into their "expected" player base.

that said bungie is clearly on the path to deliver something worthy of their Marathon and Halo heritage, which in itself, is a mighty task.

But, yeah...feeling like Titanfall might be to Destiny what Modern Warfare went to be against Halo 3 -> de facto MP experience.

Spawnling

Just to clarify, this playthrough will be seperate from the E3 demo as well as the Gamescom one posted above ? (watching through that now, and it being the same area as E3 is allowing for little variability)

The playthrough at Gamescom is already linked above which is in the same "Old Russia" space that was played at E3, yes.

Blowdrum

Neo Member
Spawn? I didn't know you were on GAF.

Anyway, that's very cool. I'm glad they're re-usable so I'm not getting the shaft because I can't afford a trip to Germany.

Spawnling

Spawn? I didn't know you were on GAF.

Anyway, that's very cool. I'm glad they're re-usable so I'm not getting the shaft because I can't afford a trip to Germany.

Lurker and registered for a few years now! These codes remind me of the beta days for H3 and Reach where scouring for codes was blood on the internet. These are only cards 1-5 though. I wonder if there will be 6-10 at PAX or even more down the road.

harSon

Banned
Competitive multiplayer is the only thing I care about. Wasn't the biggest fan of Borderlands, so I'm not really looking forward to the narrative aspect of the game.

So a heavy weapon, an assault rifle and a pistol is possible? Maybe I'd like that better if that heavy weapon took up two slots or the heavy weapons didn't alot of available ammo so they have to be dropped after a bit.

But, damn, I'm hyped. This is a game that I preordered and paid off already.

edit: Saw vid. We are along the same line of thought.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'd love to see cards as preorder bonuses. Cards would be much better than the dreaded retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses.

Unfortunately I'll never be able to attend one of these game shows but I would love to get my hands on some cards. Guess I'll have to rely on the charity of GAF sharing the codes. Already started my notepad doc :)

I'm definitely ready for some new footage. The E3 showing was pretty good but I think we all just want some more information on how Destiny actually works. The cards are a nice thing as well and I'm a bit jealous if anyone actually has them.

Spawnling

Still looks great. I'm wondering how they plan on balancing the super abilities and the Heavy Weapon.

In the ViDoc he did say "a ton of damage over a short period of time" in regards to the Heavy Weapons. So I imagine it's more like a power up. Not sure how the "Supers" will work, especially in PvP.

PhatSaqs

Banned
This game should be getting more pub....but they fucked up by not making it at least timed exclusive for one of the NG consoles IMO. That's tons of free pub. Titanfall is getting the lions share of pub for good reasons, but one of them is because it wont be on PS4.

Violater

This game should be getting more pub....but they fucked up by not making it at least timed exclusive for one of the NG consoles IMO. That's tons of free pub. Titanfall is getting the lions share of pub for good reasons, but one of them is because it wont be on PS4.

Nope, the game will do fine on it's own as opposed to becoming the standard bearer for a console.
Its not releasing this year so there is no need to show more than they have so far.

Top Bottom