• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favourite Spongebob Squarepants Episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddhu33

So what's your favourite episode? My favourite is "Band Geeks". The humour, the writing, and the absolutely sublime ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANk8xlsp1pQ

Other good ones are the chocolate episode, and the "fry cook games" episode.

250px-Band_Geeks_frame_freeze.jpg

242040_149848.jpg

tumblr_m7v194vjCY1qkwym7.gif

Texas and Survival Of The Idiots are my favorites.

The scene where they're showing Sandy the peas-in-a-can pie and 10 gallon hat cracks me up.

Who you calling Pinhead?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I've always had a soft spot for the original Flying Dutchman episode. Whenever anyone in our family is giving directions about backing up a car or anything we always go "You're good....you're good....you're good...."

EDIT: Goddamnit, beaten by one post

The pickle one... forgot what it's called, but yeah.

ALSO, the one where Spongebob gets the bus to a really weird town...

OH, and the Chocolate episode.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I came here to say the Band Episode.

I also love the cursing episode...

"Mr. Crabs is a *dolphin squeal*"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh, and the "Krusty Krabs Training Video".

I love when cartoons have episodes with unusual premises like that.

My favorite has to be the one where they turn the Krusty Krab into a fancy restaurant, I always lose it when Mr. Krabs screams that the appetizer is alive.

Man there is no way I can choose. The first 3 years of Spongebob are pretty close to the best Simpson years (no joke). I quote the show all the time.

The smoking peanut episode is one of my favs, just for the joke below:
jyqkP2jvbBgV5_e.jpg

What comes to mind is one in which they go on a boat trip and the crab goes nuts over some clam who's eaten his money.
Or another in which Spongebob and the crab think they've killed someone.

man, what I've eventually caught from modern episodes (judging by the image quality...) is really shit though.

9sa0ZpK.jpg

EDIT: The Krusty Krab Training Video is also up there for me

Oh yeah, that was pretty funny.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Spongebob in its glory days was amazing. I can watch most of the episodes from Seasons 1-3 any amount of times and enjoy it. Season 4 has a couple of gems but by god Season 4 and on are weird as fuck and unfunny.

The one where Spongebob and Patrick were detectives ( they were playing detectives to be more accurate).

I just love when Patrick went "wee-woo, wee-woo," when he was pretending to be a police siren. Also when Patrick was telling Spongebob where the criminal was when he actually was the criminal.

Ferrio

Banned
Few small parts that always get me:

-The running "wah wah wahhhh" gag in the jellyspotters episode.
-The episode that spongebob goes to the ball, and his "whoa" response to "tall dark and handsome"

oh and this bit

"Realtor Lady: What kind of fool do you take me for? He’s Squidward, he’s Squidward, you’re Squidward, I’m Squidward! Are there any other Squidwards I should know about.

Gary: (in Squidwards voice with a pickle as a nose) Meow"

harmonize

tumblr_m42yksrSDp1rqahp7o1_500.jpg

Didn't most of the writers leave right before the movie released? It's really unfortunate how drastically the show dropped in quality after it, because the first few seasons still hold up as one of the best animated shows out there.

It's so hard to pick a favorite. Band Geeks is my usual answer, but every response posted in this thread made me stop and think. It really is one of the best cartoons ever made.

TheOGB

Banned
Spongebob in its glory days was amazing. I can watch most of the episodes from Seasons 1-3 any amount of times and enjoy it. Season 4 has a couple of gems but by god Season 4 and on are weird as fuck and unfunny.
Pretty much this. The vast majority of episodes from the first 3 seasons are great.

But by god, I think this part from Texas leaves me crying laughing consistently.

Also, shoutouts to Manray

Kangi

Band Geeks.

Big shame that it didn't end when it should've (the movie) and went on to become Nickelodeon's cash cow. Season four and onward are spectacularly dreadful.

FZZ

Banned
Yeah first post got it right.

But I will say my most hated Spongebob episode was "Rock Bottom." I hated everything about that episode, the atmosphere, the plot, it just annoyed me as a kid. Like it wasn't scary it was just so weird that I hated it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
"Realtor Lady: What kind of fool do you take me for? He’s Squidward, he’s Squidward, you’re Squidward, I’m Squidward! Are there any other Squidwards I should know about.

Gary: (in Squidwards voice with a pickle as a nose) Meow"

opposite day? That's up there for me.

Are you squidward? Are you squidward now?

I can't even choose. Anything from S1-S3 is usually pretty brilliant.

The Instructional Video may be an inch ahead of the others, though. It just doesn't let up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom