• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your current comics pull list? What are you collecting? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty straightforward. What comics do you read every month or when the trade hits? Why? Would you recommend it to GAF?

Here's my current list:

Hawkeye by Matt Fraction - best comic on shelves today. Witty, funny, endearing, sometimes depressing, beautiful art, great messed up lead character and his awesome sidekick (who everybody loves)

tumblr_mkyfxiznSy1rwk3plo1_500.jpg

FBP (formerly known as Collider) by Simon Oliver - Got hooked on the concept. Half X-Files, half like... Eureka. The laws of physics have gone all cross-eyed, it's up to a bunch of underfunded bureaucrats and agents to fix it. Also, there's a conspiracy at work. An IP conflict forced a name change from Collider to FBP (Federal Bureau of Physics)

FBP-2-cover-mtv-geek.jpg

Sex Criminals by Matt Fraction - Not out yet, but Matt Fraction's name and the concept have got me interested. A sex/romance/comedy/crime/heist comic about a couple who freeze time when they have sex and decide to pull robberies off.

tumblr_mrh84mPjQN1qeeerco1_500.jpg

Punisher by Marc Guggenheim - This is actually a two-issue miniseries coming up. This idea has been kicking around in Guggenheim's mind since like 05, when I first thought it was coming out. But it's coming out now, lol. The Punisher walks into a police station and confesses to murdering a DA. The trial commences. Sounds really interesting.

tumblr_mocx0fmC6x1qcds6zo1_500.jpg

Batman by Scott Snyder

tumblr_m8gq97JJSE1qzmgfko1_500.png

American Vampire by Scott Snyder - The best vampire story I've read in a long, long time. Scott Snyder's really inventive with the different variations on vampires, accompanied by fantastic art by Rafael Albequerque. The story gets intensely epic as we travel along the centuries. Currently on hiatus, but it's starting up again in January and this year had two excellent specials to fill in the gap.

tumblr_molv90MnWC1qmquvvo1_500.jpg

The Wake by Scott Snyder - A horror-oriented mini-series in the vein of The Thing. Merman is fucking terrifying, yo.

It's like, Scott Snyder watched Cabin in the Woods and felt the same as Bradley Whitford's character.

tumblr_m8vyoflYo11qzpbd2o1_500.gif

The-Wake-Scott-Snyder-issue-1_a-320x492.jpg

I just realized I read a lot of Scott Snyder. Cause he's very good.

What's on your list?

speedline

Banned
I'm into DC comics mainly

Batman
Superman Unchained
The Flash
Teen Titans
Aquaman
Justice League
JLA
Earth 2
Worlds Finest

Saga
Jupiters Legacy

Awaiting:

Sex Criminals
WWE comic by Mick Foley
Harley Quinn

Right now, just CHEW. It's pretty unique and funny. Got all of them except for #1, unfortunately.

Had The Walking Dead, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Batman as well but got bored of them so ceased picking them up.

sca2511

Currently just Lazarus for singles. Trade waiting everything else, can't remember all of them at the top of my head... Batman, Batgirl, Batwoman, Nightwing, Hawkeye, Saga, Superior Spidey.

I pull walking dead, and the oz series that I think is on the emerald city of oz right now (fantastic art). Nothing else right now....is american vampire really far into it's run (I'm on mobile)?

I pull walking dead, and the oz series that I think is on the emerald city of oz right now (fantastic art). Nothing else right now....is american vampire really far into it's run (I'm on mobile)?

Well, Snyder says that at the current point they're about halfway through their planned storyline. The last issue released was #34 or #35, I believe. Plus, there are two mini-series following different characters in the universe that have been released (five issues apiece) that have also been released in the same period of time, along with two double sized specials released this year.

Snyder and Albequerque took 2013 off and put the series on hiatus to recharge their batteries a bit and do a couple other projects (The Wake is one, it's really good), but American Vampire is starting up again in 2014 and continuing with a big push into their next storyline.

You should definitely pick up the trades or hardcovers of the released issues thus far. It's a fantastic book, one of the best I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom