• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur 2 HD could get DLC or come to Wii U with Link if demand is there.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
At a pre-TGS event, we asked the developers if it would be possible for there to be some sort of post-release content for the HD remake. It wouldn't be the first HD rerelease to get DLC that wasn't available for the original--Age of Empires II's HD remake was followed by totally unique DLC--and there have been plenty of characters added to the Soulcalibur franchise since SC2 came out a decade ago. We were told that, if the game does well, it's definitely a possibility.

But there's one character that couldn't be added to the 360 or PS3 version of the game: Link. The Hylian hero was exclusive to the GameCube version, but as of now, there's no Wii U release in the works. When the developers were asked about a Wii U version (and, of course, the ability to add Link back into the game), we were told that it could happen if Namco Bandai sees a demand. They even suggested an outlet for the demand, saying that gamers could spam the producer's Twitter (@hoshino_calibur) if they're interested. In other words: Wii U owners, get to it!

http://www.gamesradar.com/soulcalib...ase-content-or-wii-u-version-if-demand-there/

These are the places you'll want to be bombing (since Namco uses Facebook & Twitter for marketing data) if you want Link that badly.

https://twitter.com/hoshino_calibur
https://www.facebook.com/SoulCalibur

thuway

What is with these Japanese companies? If "Demand is there"? Really. Asking if we should include Link in the package is asking if you would like to make you game more awesome.

Zephyrus

Banned
Characters that weren't in the original game?

Time to spam to add Hwang and Li Long.

And before anyone tells me, Assassin isn't Hwang.

Tsunamo

Probably wont end up convincing them but I've done my part to help out regardless.
I'd love to see a Wii U version.

I'll shoot a message to then over Facebook and Twitter, what's the worst that can happen I already wasn't expecting a wiiu version

This is exactly why I make sure to complain about it all the time . I'm always hoping Namco will see the demand (ok, not big, but it's there).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
To be fair while Link was cool it's time for someone new.

Use this as an opportunity for some promotion Namco and made Haruka from iDOLM@STER the guest fighter.

Mael

The last Soul game I actually cared to play....don't know if I care but if it's there I'll get it (which is more than I can say for plenty of such projects...)
I won't beg companies for that though, I don't care to that extent.
I mean this is isn't Mother 3 or SD3 either.

L~A

I really hate this "Want our game on your console? Then BEG!" trend with game companies, but I still did my part.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
"Seeing this obvious demand for a Wii U version of our beloved franchise, we are proud to announce we have decided to port Soul Calibur Legends to the platform.This is no ordinary port however. Using the capabilities of the Wii U tablet you can now experience brand new ways of fun, such as drawing mustaches and intricate historically accurate beards on each and every character. The tale of souls and swords will burn brighter on Wii U sometime next Smarch. "

Bullza2o

"Seeing this obvious demand for a Wii U version of our beloved franchise, we are proud to announce we have decided to port Soul Calibur Legends to the platform.This is no ordinary port however. Using the capabilities of the Wii U tablet you can now experience brand new ways of fun, such as drawing mustaches and intricate historically accurate beards on each and every character. The tale of souls and swords will burn brighter on Wii U sometime next Smarch. "

Link please?

Destined to bomb. Lousy Smarch weather.

Insaniac

Totally down with this. Soul Calibur 2 was the best Soul calibur IMO and having a new HD vers with Link back on Wii U would be great

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I mean, I can see her head just fine, but just under it... Well, I guess it's her arm, but every time I glance at it, it looks kinda like... See, her, armpit I guess, looks.. weird.
Yeah, her body is slightly twisted so what you are seeing is her arm and back.

Top Bottom