• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur 2 HD could get DLC or come to Wii U with Link if demand is there.

jmizzal

How about the fact that your guys are helping make Smash Bros for WiiU, is that not enough for you to make the game for WiiU without us begging you?

Timeaisis

The GC version of Soul Calibur II was the best because of Link, so yeah. Obviously supporting this. PS2 had Heihachi, IIRC. And Xbox had...Spawn?

MisterHero

I just remembered that SoulCalibur II for GCN was the first game I ever pre-ordered. It's an important game to me. I got the lithograph and artbook sitting somewhere, away from direct sunlight. :p

Anth0ny

The question is... does 300 crying Wii U owners on the Internet count as "demand"?

tweeted

Can we get this on Reddit or something? Not sure how that site works exactly, but from what I understand it got alot of people salty about Xbone, and helped with the whole 180.

Malvingt2

The question is... does 300 crying Wii U owners on the Internet count as "demand"?

tweeted

Can we get this on Reddit or something? Not sure how that site works exactly, but from what I understand it got alot of people salty about Xbone, and helped with the whole 180.
I don't know how that site work.. I am going to check gfaqs if anything is moving on there.

thomaser

SC2 is still the only traditional fighting game I've loved after the Street Fighter II-era. So of course I want it on WiiU.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Looking at the tweets, the hashtag #SC2onWiiU seems to be emerging. Not sure if using that will help, but its an option.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Don't care much about Link in Soul Calibur, all i want is a Soul Calibur game on Wii U, that's all. Even if its SC2 again.

DedValve

Banned
New DLC characters for SCII would be incredible. I would even pay premium price for that
unless its dampierre

D-e-f-

Banned
Is there demand for this on any system?

Nobody knows. And Namco doesn't care. There doesn't need to be demand to release it for funzies elsewhere. "But Nintendo gamers? I thought they only play The Marios!" -puzzled SC producer.

Hoshino seemed genuinely puzzled by our mentioning of a possible Wii U version, asking all the journalists in the room if they owned Nintendo's console. (We all raised our hands.) To that, he responded: "it's not impossible for a Wii U version, it depends on the demand for it."

That part is so incredibly sad.

Sharkz1

Neo Member
My tweet has been sent. I'm trying to convince anyone slightly interested to tweet as well. Man, I'm so pumped about this. I hope they listen to the fans.

RomanceDawn

I will do my part! I'd love to play this online with people only to realize I wasn't nearly as good as I thought I was.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Started my latest round of Twitter spamming devs and producers to get no-brainer games like this on Wii U.

This game absolutely should have been ready at the same time as the other versions. It's a game that actually has a shot at selling decently on the console.

Top Bottom