• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 'Pocket Monsters: The Origin' trailer and details!

ash_ag

New 30 seconds trailer! Several smaller clips and the old trailer can be found here. Also confirming Sakaki/Giovanni's voice actor, who is Rikiya Koyama. (He's played a Yakuza character, cool!). Worthy of note is also that Amazon reports that the movie is 105 minutes long, but take that with a grain of salt, because it can be inaccurate.

Also, the previous update for anyone who didn't catch it the last time:
Japanese Pokémon: The Origin page is up! And not sure if mentioned in another thread, but the special is less of a special and more like a full length movie. It takes the 19:00 - 20:49 slot of TV Tokyo -- ads outside, that means a good 90 minutes feature.

Also, from the Japanese XY website, in the Kanto starters' page:

img_story_02_anime02.jpg
img_story_02_anime03.jpg

img_story_02_anime04.jpg
img_story_02_anime05.jpg

Bottom ones are new shots from Origin. Art looks brilliant! Is it hand-drawn?!

And a few new screenshots, because why not.
bYAoYCr.jpg
QVjzwuM.jpg

EfZ1Mcw.jpg
00umjGA.jpg

P.S.: Are |OT|s for movies a thing? I was thinking of doing one for Origin a few days before its broadcast in October 2nd, but I'm not sure if that would be okay.

Jezan

The only thing I still don't like, people's faces, they look weird.

And when is Bulbasaur's shine time? :(

GAF EMBEDS YOUTUBE NOW?!?!

Anyway, nice it's near movie-length, and Mewtwo looks like his old self, I wonder if they don't get Dan Green back for the 16th movie, they'll get him back here since obviously this IS the original (in an alternate universe, but still).

Tusk

Y'know.. :p After the credits to this movie they should have a scene with Red at the top of Mt. Silver, with Gold walking up behind him, ready to challenge him to a battle, and just end it like that. Pull them nostalgia strings as hard as they can.

L~A

Anyway, nice it's near movie-length, and Mewtwo looks like his old self, I wonder if they don't get Dan Green back for the 16th movie, they'll get him back here since obviously this IS the original (in an alternate universe, but still).

Nah, it's just a pic with a link!

By the way, I'm so hyped for this. I love the Pokémon anime, so I'm really looking forward to this special episode. But the change of voice actor for Takeshi (Brock) is a real bummer. He's my favorite character, and I love Yuji Ueda... I know it's not the same character, but they had no reason to change.

Oh well, still watching that asap!

ash_ag

Y'know.. :p After the credits to this movie they should have a scene with Red at the top of Mt. Silver, with Gold walking up behind him, ready to challenge him to a battle, and just end it like that. Pull them nostalgia strings as hard as they can.
You're right on the spot about post-credits and Mt. Silver, but what would be a better scene is Red flying with Charizard to Mt. Silver after his battle with Mewtwo. And then... Pokémon: Revelations announced -- GSC adaptation! And its counterpart to the Mewtwo battle? Red versus Ethan!

Origins, Revelations, Legends, Chronicles, Awakening and so on. Overused one-word subtitles are the best. :p

CorvoSol

Mewtwo and Charizard in the spotlight, you say? Someone out there is seriously pandering to my childhood nostalgia, and I love it!

Bulbasaur is for 3rd class citizens.

Fireblend

Banned

No, but either GAF mobile does or my cellphone YouTube-ifies YT links, and that turns it into the superior GAF experience.

Fireblend

Banned
Oh, that's pretty cool indeed. Is that why GAF has been all wonky this afternoon? Hope it comes soon on the "desktop" version!

Nah, mobile's had embedded youtube ever since it launched (earlier this year?). It really is the best way to browse GAF. No idea why it's not enabled for the browser version.

ash_ag

Will it be available with English subs / in English on October 2nd?
Nothing has been announced for a localization yet, but we should expect it eventually. A fansub though? If I had to guess, it won't take more than a couple days.

Tusk

Brocks outfit in this is the same as his PWT outfit in b/w2. :p Only difference is in the PWT he wears a black shirt under the orange V-neck.

Top Bottom