• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 'Pocket Monsters: The Origin' trailer and details!

Not a fan of the art style (the faces look way too square) but I will watch regardless since something like this has been a dream of mine for a long time.

I hope they show an entire team for Red so I can rip it off when I play Fire Red.
haha, right...

maybe he'll even have a wide assortment of pokemon instead of just 6 on hand at all times. WOULDN'T THAT BE CRAZY

i know ash has 11 pokemon in rotation in black/white

R0ckman

Anyone think that if this movie kicks ass they'll just toss the dumbass version (Ash one) for this? Or make it a series?

haha, right...

maybe he'll even have a wide assortment of pokemon instead of just 6 on hand at all times. WOULDN'T THAT BE CRAZY

i know ash has 11 pokemon in rotation in black/white

Hey, they have 90 minutes. They already showed Nidoran Male. DON'T CRUSH MY DREAMS. D:

When I saw the thread title I thought it was about a Blue/Red remake.
We already had that

paaha_original.jpg

and it was awesome

AnkiRendan said:
Hey, they have 90 minutes. They already showed Nidoran Male. DON'T CRUSH MY DREAMS. D:
I'm hoping for it too. I love seeing teams grow in the anime

OmegaFax

I haven't kept up with Pokemon much recently this is so cool that they're doing a throwback to the GB games and ignoring the anime continuity.

Pau

A Pokemon movie without Ash and where the protagonist uses the best starter? Count me in. Hope Blue and Yellow are in it too.

Verelios

I felt my heart stop when Giovanni threw that Pokeball'. So much love.

Oh god, squirtle's bubblebeam was so good! I can't wait for the movie.

And yeah, Bulbasaur fans...hah.

The Boat

I'm not crazy about Red's design, but asides from that it looks fantastic! Wish it was a series though, it could convey the game's feeling better.

JoeM86

Oh yeah. For Kids Station and syndication later, it's split into a four episode mini series

The titles are:

Red
Cubone
Giovanni
Charizard

Oh yeah. For Kids Station and syndication later, it's split into a four episode mini series

The titles are:

Red
Cubone
Giovanni
Charizard

This is probably stretching, but is there any chance that's a reference to the chapter names in Pokemon Special where each one is called "VS. ___?"

ash_ag

One of these is not like the other.
If you mean Cubone, that's the Pokémon Tower sub-plot. Generally speaking, it appears like the four parts refer roughly to basic plot points of the games. Beginnings, Pokémon Tower, Defeating Team Rocket, League/Mewtwo. Seems about right, and also do note that each of the segments is directed by a different person/studio, which is probably why they are divided. Specifically:

1. Red - Production I.G.
2. Cubone - XEBEC
3. Giovanni - XEBEC
4. Charizard - OLM

This probably doesn't refer to animation as well, but only direction.

Amikami

Banned
Man. I can't wait for this.

Is that Junko Takeuchi? I gonna try not to think of Naruto as I watch this if so.

Edit: Someone in the thread already confirmed it. Nevermind.

ash_ag

Why is this even being created? It looks great though.
I'm tempted to say good will, as there really is no obvious reason for it. Service to older fans might be a good description, and knowing how enthusiastic and potentially loyal fans can be, it might not be a bad idea to enhance their relationship with them. It definitely doesn't seem cheap to produce though, which means they might be basing quite some hope on the BD/DVD release.

Zalman

I really dislike the trainer artwork. Something seems off. The Pokémon look fine, though.

It's a great idea for a movie. Will definitely give it a shot.

Shoyz

I'm tempted to say good will, as there really is no obvious reason for it. Service to older fans might be a good description, and knowing how enthusiastic and potentially loyal fans can be, it might not be a bad idea to enhance their relationship with them. It definitely doesn't seem cheap to produce though, which means they might be basing quite some hope on the BD/DVD release.

The fact that you get an original starter in X/Y probably has something to do with it.

Ugh the Voice Actor though..

ash_ag

The fact that you get an original starter in X/Y probably has something to do with it.
If you mean story-wise, I have no doubt that the two will link one way or another (which is to say, XY will refer to RGBY/FRLG). Many suspect Mewtwo plays an important role in XY, and we don't really know what he has been doing between RGBY/FRLG and XY. If I had to guess, I'd say there's more in the Cerulean Cave battle than meets the eye.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Red gets a Nidoran

fuck yeah

Indeed now all Red needs is Snorlax, Golduck, Jolteon and Primeape and he will have my Team from Fire Red.

*le gasp* what if that what actually happens, are the writer spying on me. o_O;

A Pokemon movie without Ash and where the protagonist uses the best starter? Count me in. Hope Blue and Yellow are in it too.

Blue and Yellow are Pokémon special character, Pokémon: The Origin is based on the game.

Looks exciting. Not sure how I feel about Red wanting to become Hokage. That's going to take some getting used to, but otherwise really diggin this. Hope it does well to run into a full on series.

As for targeting lapsed fans, they do that every time. I remember they tried to draw in older players with B/W what with no old Pokémon being available in the game for a long duration (so everyone starts on new grounds). I think this will have a better uptake though since the first few areas have some classic 150 range.

Very excited, I must say.

Lijik

How similar is Green's personality to Gary's? After the initial announcement of this I realized that Gary being such a dick enhanced the feeling of rivalry with him in the games as a kid. idk how interested I'll be if that same character dynamic isn't there (of course I'm still gonna watch it though!!)

DigitalOp

Banned
Why the HELL is this not a series??

I'm hyped for the movie though..

Granted X&Y anime budget looks higher than its ever been. Anime is clean as hell.

Top Bottom