• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

I made a lego wall-e

VVUL4t8.png

Ughhh its so cute

If anyone wants directions I found them here (Its not my design)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/miro78/sets/72157640609995864/

Ryuuroden

Hi guys, I'm not sure about the way to share that but greenpeace (haha, yeah I know) is making a contest of creations to stop the partnership between LEGO and SHELL. I liked the idea and I made a small creation about the whole thing. The first prize is a replica of the greenpeace boat, and you only need to click (no facebook sharing or stuff like that) to give your vote to someone. The first one already has 600 votes, but it would be great to win one of the T-shirts for the 25 first winners.

Well, if you feel like clicking for me, here's the link of my thing:
http://create.legoblockshell.org/mini/view/1330/fr_FR

And the website for the whole campaign if you're interested:
http://create.legoblockshell.org/desktop?lang=en_US

Replica of a greenpeace boat made of lego I hope right? because that would make it a must have for me for the irony alone.

So the Exo-Suit is showing up on the front page of Shop@Home, but the link goes to a "This product is not available" page when I click on it.

It's been doing that since yesterday. I doubt S@H will sell it early, while the shops have a wide local range the site is global so if that went early there may not be any left by launch.

At least the shops are controlled.

ghostmind

So it looks like we are getting two new tribes, plus additions to the previous tribes.

I am HYPED about the Glowkies and the potential for all the new glow-in-the-dark parts!

And I am very curious to see what the two other members of the Glowkies and Orbitonz look like, as well as what other tribes are getting additional members!

Ravek

Banned
So it looks like we are getting two new tribes, plus additions to the previous tribes.

I am HYPED about the Glowkies and the potential for all the new glow-in-the-dark parts!

What makes you think they're glow in the dark? Have they said that?

New mixels are always welcomed.

Xater

Taking a moment to see what is new on the "other side of the fence", I give you the Kre-O Terrordrome!

LOL. Those Kreons definitely do incite terror in me...

Everything about this looks cheap and bad.

Those new Mixels look nice. I'll probably get them for some new eye parts.

I'm going for it, guys! It's just after 7 a.m. and i'm in line for the main exhibition hall at SDCC and there are only roughly 500 people ahead of me. I'm going to try for all three of the exclusive sets but i'd be extremely happy just to get one of them. Pray to Crom for me, and if he doesn't answer you, then TO HELL WITH HIM!

....and?? Come on and rep for Canada.

chimster

Canada-Lego-Gaf

Went to costco today and saw 4 lego movie sets at 29.99 ($10.00 off MSRP)
70804 Ice Cream Machine
70805 Trash Chomper (though I didn't see any left at my location)
70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit
70806 Castle Cavalry

They also had some Star Wars sets at 23.99 ($6.00 off MSRP)
75038 Jedi Interceptor
75039 V-wing Starfighter
75040 General Grievous' Wheel Bike
75041 Vulture Droid

Picked up four sets :D

Rootbeer

Banned
Jesus. Is this Sony vs MS now? Except, really LEGO vs buyers?
One or two smallish con exclusives is fine... but they went way beyond what is acceptable this year. Honestly can't believe they put out so many.
So the Exo-Suit is showing up on the front page of Shop@Home, but the link goes to a "This product is not available" page when I click on it.
I've got them bookmarked so I can (hopefully) check out with 2x Exo-Suit and 1x Research Institute. I was considering skipping the institute for now but I need to get over the $75 threshhold. I'm considering if it's worth breaking $99 for the mini cooper poly. Maybe if, by some dark magic, the website lets me buy THREE exo-suit

ghostmind

During the LEGO Movie panel today, it was revealed that another new minifig for 2015 would be the Sad/Confused Unikitty. Since that figure was present during the submarine section of the movie, one could infer that we could be getting the sub (or part of it) as one of the upcoming sets.

gOdWyKj.jpg

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
During the LEGO Movie panel today, it was revealed that another new minifig for 2015 would be the Sad/Confused Unikitty. Since that figure was present during the submarine section of the movie, one could infer that we could be getting the sub as one of the upcoming sets.

gOdWyKj.jpg

Cute!

RS7iohJ.jpg

EDIT: replaced image with larger version.

I wonder how much more then new process of dual colored arms are for minifigs. I can't see it in this photo, but the pizza guy is supposed to have the dual colored arms we first saw in the Simpsons CMFs. Video game dude and Dino hunter also have the dual colored arms.

I wonder how long it will take before we see those dual colored arms trickle down to regular minifigs in sets.

It was also pointed out that all of the animal mascots have guys in them. Just sayin'....

EDIT: Nevermind. I can see his right arm showing the short sleeves. Darn old eyes.

EDIT 2: It looks like 6 new moulds were needed for this series. Gonna take a look at the previous series and see how many new moulds there usually were. The 33% price hike is just way too much IMO. I'm sure in the long run it will be long forgotten by the time the next series comes out. We'll see.

The Mini Cooper took quite a while to build but the payoff was worth it, it's a really great looking set. I absolutely love the detail on it too, I hope they do more classic cars.

Amazon UK has a few price props. malibu mansion is £23.33. The X jet and knowwhere escape are both £30.

I might pick the knowwhere escape set up for the figs. Do people think it will drop lower than £30?

Zerojul

During the LEGO Movie panel today, it was revealed that another new minifig for 2015 would be the Sad/Confused Unikitty. Since that figure was present during the submarine section of the movie, one could infer that we could be getting the sub (or part of it) as one of the upcoming sets.

gOdWyKj.jpg

So cute. And I love the crazy design of the submarine, so I wouldn't mind a set of it.

My new pick up this week.

PJYpCdc.jpg

It's the start of my Christmas collection and the completion of my Lego Movie sets (well until next January anyway).

I think I might actually start on the Mini straight away.

Very, very nice selection of sets :) The Police Dropship didn't get as much love as the Spaceship^3 but I really like it.

Thanks 😀 To be honest I really have no love for Spaceship^3. It was cool in the film and for kids and people who collected space sets back in the day but I'm not fussed about it. I would love the figs though. Everyone in a blue unfortunately does look cool. So it's just that set and lord business' last that I haven't got. I need to buy lord business and Ma and Pa on bricklink.

Dropship may be the secret best set of the theme so far.

It will be a great place to put on my secret police figs. I think I have about 10.

Ryuuroden

Thanks 😀 To be honest I really have no love for Spaceship^3. It was cool in the film and for kids and people who collected space sets back in the day but I'm not fussed about it. I would love the figs though. Everyone in a blue unfortunately does look cool. So it's just that set and lord business' last that I haven't got. I need to buy lord business and Ma and Pa on bricklink.

It will be a great place to put on my secret police figs. I think I have about 10.

sometime next month I need to pick up the rest of the movie sets I am missing. I may wait till christmas sales though. I am in no hurry and they may be something that shows up on amazon sales during winter.

Zerojul

Thanks 😀 To be honest I really have no love for Spaceship^3. It was cool in the film and for kids and people who collected space sets back in the day but I'm not fussed about it. I would love the figs though. Everyone in a blue unfortunately does look cool. So it's just that set and lord business' last that I haven't got. I need to buy lord business and Ma and Pa on bricklink. .

The only TLM set I miss is Emmet's Mech, waiting on a substantial discount for this one. Don't know when it will come though, as it seems to be pretty popular among kids.

Recall

I just lurk this thread and never knew junior Lego was a thing. My Son is bored of his duplo so knowing there is an intermediate step is great.

The only TLM set I miss is Emmet's Mech, waiting on a substantial discount for this one. Don't know when it will come though, as it seems to be pretty popular among kids.

It was £40 on asda direct last week which is £10 off RRP. You're in France though aren't you?

The mech really is great. My girlfriend got it as a anniversary present for me and ironically it's her favorite bit of Lego. She has good take!

Top Bottom