• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Ryuuroden

Batman is keeping The Collector company. I'm currently 2 for 3 in the LEGO raffle.

4PrxNiI.jpg

I'm raging banana's happy for you. I am always super glad when people from LegoGAF get special LEGO stuff because I know everyone here loves LEGO as a toy and past time. Sure we all get a bit of the collectors mentality at time but everyone here is not doing it to invest in. I am happy to know I can sell many of my sets if I have too but I never want to but at least I have the knowledge that I will get a decent return on them. And in the meantime I can build to my hearts content, and everyone else here is the same way from what I've seen. I mean I have sets I haven't opened in order to sell for future value and I know others here do too. I do it to fund more lego purchases.

I'm raging banana's happy for you. I am always super glad when people from LegoGAF get special LEGO stuff because I know everyone here loves LEGO as a toy and past time. Sure we all get a bit of the collectors mentality at time but everyone here is not doing it to invest in. I am happy to know I can sell many of my sets if I have too but I never want to but at least I have the knowledge that I will get a decent return on them. And in the meantime I can build to my hearts content, and everyone else here is the same way from what I've seen. I mean I have sets I haven't opened in order to sell for future value and I know others here do too. I do it to fund more lego purchases.

Agreed on all fronts.

I was glad when Siegfried got his Gold...but I may be more jealous of Neonglow's sweet sweet clown Batman.

Stood in line for two hours to get Batman. Saw four people in a row get him. Guy in front of me got him. Guy behind me got him.

Guess I'll get the bootleg.

:(

Ryuuroden

Called my Lego Store to ask if I called in on August 1st would they hold an Exo Suit for me until I can pick it up later that day as I will be out of town. They said they could. I will still probably try to order online as well as pick up one in store. Will probably do the max number that I can order online and just have 1 held in store as I want others to get it too that can't get it online. This is assuming the max number you can order online is like 1 or 2 sets. I am assuming the limit will be a low number if there really will only be 10k sets.

R-User!

Stood in line for two hours to get Batman. Saw four people in a row get him. Guy in front of me got him. Guy behind me got him.

Guess I'll get the bootleg.

:(

How the heck did the guy behind you get one but not you?... o_0

Also, ghostmind, did LEGO announce something, or did I miss something?

Thanks.

ghostmind

Also, ghostmind, did LEGO announce something, or did I miss something?

Thanks.

I got the info rather late, maybe they meant tomorrow. Nothing got revealed today, other than the Green Lantern set being showcased.

Man, you are not having any luck this SDCC. Sorry to hear that.
Dude you don't know the half of it. Outside of how awesome the signings have been, this ComiCon has been really rough.

Thanks for the condolences guys :\

You stand in line, and at the end of the line there are two iPads on pedestals. You tab a button on the screen and it essentially flips a coin to tell you if you win or lose. I got Bad Cop telling me I lost. :(

If I'd had a friend wait in line with me, I would have gotten one. I'm so bummed out.

Ravek

Banned
Dude you don't know the half of it. Outside of how awesome the signings have been, this ComiCon has been really rough.

Thanks for the condolences guys :

You stand in line, and at the end of the line there are two iPads on pedestals. You tab a button on the screen and it essentially flips a coin to tell you if you win or lose. I got Bad Cop telling me I lost. :(

If I'd had a friend wait in line with me, I would have gotten one. I'm so bummed out.

An ipad tells you?

Thats fucking sick. Not good sick, either.

R-User!

Thanks for the condolences guys :

Can you get a friend to wait in line with you tomorrow, or has that ship sailed?

Oh my god...

LEGO Batman 3 game footage (don't watch if you want to stay surprised on MAJOR character/level spoilers:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/07/24/lego-batman-3-beyond-gotham-gameplay-comic-con-2014

KjJTEsO.gif

EDIT: For those not wanting to watch the whole video, just skip to 5:51 and drool at all the DC characters shown off from that point on.

This does not bother me one bit. Not! All those potential minifigures dangled in front of us in those video games.

Teen Titans cartoon that is very popular yet no minifigs. Heck it even has a Batman connection as an anchor with Robin.

I would kill if for that Adam West Batman minifig. Well, not really, but it is very desirable.

A larger image:

OVBKihC.jpg

Space Miner, Battle Goddess, Wizard, Dino Tracker, Swashbuckler, Jester, Piggy Guy, Hun Warrior, Fairytale Princess, Pizza Delivery Man, Video Game Guy, Spooky Girl, Prospector, Genie Girl, Rock Star and a Lifeguard

I hope these don't sell too well at the new price point. I'd like to get a horde of huns, but not for $4 a pop.

1st round picks:
Piggy Guy
Genie Girl

2nd round picks:
Battle Goddess
Wizard

3rd round picks:
Swashbuckler
Hun Warrior
Fairytale Princess
Spooky Girl

Honorable Mentions:
Pizza Delivery Man
Rock Star
Lifeguard

Batman is keeping The Collector company. I'm currently 2 for 3 in the LEGO raffle.

4PrxNiI.jpg

Awesome! I want that Batman!

Agreed on all fronts.

I was glad when Siegfried got his Gold...but I may be more jealous of Neonglow's sweet sweet clown Batman.

That Batman means more to me than Mr. Gold (granted I could probably sell Mr. Gold and buy that Batman with change leftover).

Can you get a friend to wait in line with you tomorrow, or has that ship sailed?

I could probably get a friend to come with me tomorrow, but it's Cheery Kitty and if what I've been told is right, she's gonna be in a set with the new Lego Movie wave so I'm not really too fussed about getting her. I mean I guess I could always get her as an extra to give to my mom or something but, standing in that gnarly line for two hours, just for a 50/50 chance at getting her, eh... I'm not feeling exceptionally lucky this year.

Another reason I'm not too fussed to get her, is someone else in line noticed that Cheery Kitty and the Bard (who's appearing in a set later this year) don't actually say "2014 Exclusive" on their box, while The Collector and Clown Batman do. So take from that what you will.

Edit: How the hell do people already have Cheery Kitty up on eBay. It doesn't become available until tomorrow and there's no way to know you'll get one. WTF?

Still, it's going for like $500. That's my rent for a month. But... I'm not allowed to resell Lego anymore, even if they aren't sets that I buy from work.

>:

Edit 2: WOW. Some asshole is selling "RARE SDCC 2014 1960s Batman and Robin" minifigs with NO BATMOBILE for $65. They're just the minifigs from the Juniors set then!! What a fuckin fraud, that's disgusting. Is there a way to report that? That's akin to me cobbling together a '66 Batmobile out of the High Speed Chase set and selling it as the "SDCC Exclusive Batmobile No Box" for $300+. That is so wrong. :mad:

Stocking up on CMF jesters for Joker goons and the like :D

That makes them slightly more interesting. The printed card accessories are more interesting than the minifig which is a rehash of the jester we've seen in the past. Nice pointing out it uses purple and orange (2 of the 3 Joker colors - green / lime green being the 3rd).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Man, the amount the Classic Batmobile is going for is just sad and depressing. I don't suppose LEGO puts some up for sale on their site after the con like some other companies, like Hasbro, do?

ghostmind

I could probably get a friend to come with me tomorrow, but it's Cheery Kitty and if what I've been told is right, she's gonna be in a set with the new Lego Movie wave so I'm not really too fussed about getting her. I mean I guess I could always get her as an extra to give to my mom or something but, standing in that gnarly line for two hours, just for a 50/50 chance at getting her, eh... I'm not feeling exceptionally lucky this year.

Another reason I'm not too fussed to get her, is someone else in line noticed that Cheery Kitty and the Bard (who's appearing in a set later this year) don't actually say "2014 Exclusive" on their box, while The Collector and Clown Batman do. So take from that what you will.

Edit: How the hell do people already have Cheery Kitty up on eBay. It doesn't become available until tomorrow and there's no way to know you'll get one. WTF?

Still, it's going for like $500. That's my rent for a month. But... I'm not allowed to resell Lego anymore, even if they aren't sets that I buy from work.

>:

Edit 2: WOW. Some asshole is selling "RARE SDCC 2014 1960s Batman and Robin" minifigs with NO BATMOBILE for $65. They're just the minifigs from the Juniors set then!! What a fuckin fraud, that's disgusting. Is there a way to report that? That's akin to me cobbling together a '66 Batmobile out of the High Speed Chase set and selling it as the "SDCC Exclusive Batmobile No Box" for $300+. That is so wrong. :mad:

They are hedging their bets with that Cheery Kitty auction. I don't see any with the actual packaging.

It's sounds like you're having. Rough couple of days WordAssassin. It'll soon be over I guess but at least you've got to experience the con ☺

Does anyone know what the free polybag and cost threshold will be in the UK in August?

neonglow

I had a good look at the new Green Lateran set. If that's what the retail set is, I'm sorry to say that Space Batman's wings look like glossy printed paper... bummer. I was hoping for a plastic piece either printed or snickered.

Zerojul

Does anyone know what the free polybag and cost threshold will be in the UK in August?
If it's like in France, and I think it is, it's the mini mini Cooper with a 55€ threshold (I think it's £49 for you guys) which is VIP exclusive with the mini Cooper now. Same thing they did with the balloon cart back in May/June for the Mixer set. Then maybe another VIP exclusive freebie for the tumbler on August 18th, but no word on that so far.

If it's like in France, and I think it is, it's the mini mini Cooper with a 55€ threshold (I think it's £49 for you guys) which is VIP exclusive with the mini Cooper now. Same thing they did with the balloon cart back in May/June for the Mixer set. Then maybe another VIP exclusive freebie for the tumbler on August 18th, but no word on that so far.

Cool thanks. Wondering whether to risk getting the exo suit online with the scientists ideas set for a free mini mini. I do already have one though haha. Saying that. It was posted in Wednesday and still hasn't arrived. I can't even track it for some reason.

Just got home from, as above, Westfield Stratford, with my Exosuit in hand. News must not have got out yet as I was the only adult there at opening time.

They do have a strict one per household policy and one of the staff I spoke to said it will be enforced due to the "limited availability" of the set. I explained I was hoping to get 2, one to moc with, but will get it online when it's out, he didn't think that would be a problem.

wetwired

Just got home from, as above, Westfield Stratford, with my Exosuit in hand. News must not have got out yet as I was the only adult there at opening time.

They do have a strict one per household policy and one of the staff I spoke to said it will be enforced due to the "limited availability" of the set. I explained I was hoping to get 2, one to moc with, but will get it online when it's out, he didn't think that would be a problem.

nice, that box art is pretty ordinary though

I'm going for it, guys! It's just after 7 a.m. and i'm in line for the main exhibition hall at SDCC and there are only roughly 500 people ahead of me. I'm going to try for all three of the exclusive sets but i'd be extremely happy just to get one of them. Pray to Crom for me, and if he doesn't answer you, then TO HELL WITH HIM!

neonglow

I'm going for it, guys! It's just after 7 a.m. and i'm in line for the main exhibition hall at SDCC and there are only roughly 500 people ahead of me. I'm going to try for all three of the exclusive sets but i'd be extremely happy just to get one of them. Pray to Crom for me, and if he doesn't answer you, then TO HELL WITH HIM!

Good luck! It's pretty much all or nothing with that line. They give everyone 3 tickets to buy one of each.

Good luck! It's pretty much all or nothing with that line. They give everyone 3 tickets to buy one of each.
Thanks! Yeah, even though i'm so close to the front of the line, i'm still not confident that i'll get anything. I woke up at 4:30 this morning and arrived at the convention center at about 6:15. So i'm hoping that it's worth it. After jumping through many hoops yesterday for the Hasbro Jabba the Hutt exclusive, I was feeling pretty satisfied and wasn't planning on coming down today at all because I figured that the LEGO exclusives would be impossible to get. We tried on Friday and yesterday to get them but the exhibition hall was already filled with people by the time we got in, even right after they opened the front doors. We didn't realize that you could line up on the second floor well ahead of time and that's how people were getting in before us. So hopefully third time's a charm.

damn High Speed chase set not on sale anymore it seems :(

Does anyone know yet just HOW many of these you'd need to make the 66 Batmobile? is one enough? It looks like you need quite a bit of those red cheeseslopes hmm...

You are praying to the wrong one!
"Ha, my god is stronger--he is the everlasting sky. Your god lives underneath it."

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
damn High Speed chase set not on sale anymore it seems :(

Does anyone know yet just HOW many of these you'd need to make the 66 Batmobile? is one enough? It looks like you need quite a bit of those red cheeseslopes hmm...

I only used one - specifically needed the red mud guards. All the other major parts came from my spares, although I used a few 1x4 red and black plates from the High Speed Chase set as they were to hand.

You'll probably be able to get the pieces all cheap on Bricklink.

Interesting. It looks like a new stud shooter that connects to studs. Well, it may not be new, but I haven't seen it in any other set myself.

http://www.fbtb.net/2014/07/27/sdcc-more-images-of-76025-green-lantern-vs-sinestro/

I didn't know Sinestro was a spinjitsu ninja from Ninjago. Maybe he's just a fan of Ninjago and used it to inspire his ring creation.

Conisdering I'd pay at least $4 avg per minifig, that set is a must get for $20.

EDIT: I like the brick built power battery too. Very simple and something I can easily create with my spare parts.

EDIT 2: Looking at the Batman minifig it looks like the neck bracket thingy in trans clear. I can't get enough of those. Hope to see it used a lot more.

EDIT 3: Awesome quote: "I'm glad Lego is moving towards missiles that really could shoot you in the eye like the toys of my youth (rather than awful flick fires)."

Briefly started raining on us! Hooray!

One thing I forgot to mention, while I was wandering through the Lego booth the other day, I stopped to look at the sets on display as the announcer started describing them on the loud speaker. When he got to the Green Labtern, he said that it was "the first Justice League set" they've done. So maybe next year we'll get more, similar sets with other JLA characters like a non-exclusive Martian Manhunter, Cyborg, Green Arrow, new Wonder Woman, etc? I just thought it was strange that he specifically called it a Justice League set when they've had the Flash and Aqua Man in sets out right now. Hmm.

Briefly started raining on us! Hooray!

One thing I forgot to mention, while I was wandering through the Lego booth the other day, I stopped to look at the sets on display as the announcer started describing them on the loud speaker. When he got to the Green Labtern, he said that it was "the first Justice League set" they've done. So maybe next year we'll get more, similar sets with other JLA characters like a non-exclusive Martian Manhunter, Cyborg, Green Arrow, new Wonder Woman, etc? I just thought it was strange that he specifically called it a Justice League set when they've had the Flash and Aqua Man in sets out right now. Hmm.

Probably just marketing cluelessness. It just ties in directly to the LEGO Batman 3 video game showing the Justice League. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWbhbOgEtl4

I dunno, I'm not holding my breath on LEGO DC sets. They had some cool ones, but they are really behind compared the the LEGO Marvel sets with the variety of characters. Also, with the "Justice League" movie out in only 1.5 years, they may just hold out for those and give us minifigs we don't really want (like most of the Superman movie related sets).

Hi guys, I'm not sure about the way to share that but greenpeace (haha, yeah I know) is making a contest of creations to stop the partnership between LEGO and SHELL. I liked the idea and I made a small creation about the whole thing. The first prize is a replica of the greenpeace boat, and you only need to click (no facebook sharing or stuff like that) to give your vote to someone. The first one already has 600 votes, but it would be great to win one of the T-shirts for the 25 first winners.

Well, if you feel like clicking for me, here's the link of my thing:
http://create.legoblockshell.org/mini/view/1330/fr_FR

And the website for the whole campaign if you're interested:
http://create.legoblockshell.org/desktop?lang=en_US

Ponn

Banned
Well this sucks. I've been out of work on short term disability and they just put my case into appeals with a judgement by Sept. Unless I sell some Lego sets i'm not getting Exo Suit it looks like. I guess I will just hope for a 2nd run if it sells out fast. I like mechs, the classic space figs don't hold particular place in my heart like some here so its not a major deal for me. I like the turtle mech but it looks like that's something I can make myself out of pieces I already have.

Ravek

Banned
Well this sucks. I've been out of work on short term disability and they just put my case into appeals with a judgement by Sept. Unless I sell some Lego sets i'm not getting Exo Suit it looks like. I guess I will just hope for a 2nd run if it sells out fast. I like mechs, the classic space figs don't hold particular place in my heart like some here so its not a major deal for me. I like the turtle mech but it looks like that's something I can make myself out of pieces I already have.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes.

You can probably build the entire Exo-Suit and turtle with parts you already have, you just wont have thr right colors.

Ponn

Banned
Sorry to hear about your misfortunes.

You can probably build the entire Exo-Suit and turtle with parts you already have, you just wont have thr right colors.

Thanks, yea its not really a biggie. Im never going to be a "collector" like some here and i've been needing to scale back my Lego wants and buying. With LoTR/Hobbit coming to an end I think i'm just going to keep up with Superhero stuff from here on out.

Top Bottom