• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Apparently the bionicle 2015 sets were leaked, could be fake but it seems legit.

qIgaIRr.jpg

Ravek

Banned
Ill be happy if Hero Factory goes away and Bionicle replaces it. Will be happier if the Bionicle sets are worth buying.

Stopped by store near work and talked to the manager. He said Exo suit and Research Institute would be in store for the 1st. He didn't know quantity, but they would definitely have them.

He also could not confirm or deny that Slave I is the next UCS set. Which is all the confirmation we need now. He didn't say it was listed in their system. Noooo. It isn't coming this fall. :)

R-User!

Stopped by store near work and talked to the manager. He said Exo suit and Research Institute would be in store for the 1st. He didn't know quantity, but they would definitely have them.

He also could not confirm or deny that Slave I is the next UCS set. Which is all the confirmation we need now. He didn't say it was listed in their system. Noooo. It isn't coming this fall. :)

I think that the Slave 1 will materialize this year. Edit but if not this year then most probably Jan1 or Feb1.

Not thrilled that they're using the HF 2.0 parts instead of more traditional Technic but this is far better than nothing (if it's real, of course).

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the hero factory style either. I hope the final designs are more technic like the original bionicles. I didn't like how late in the game bionicle was favoring large highly specialized molds and less technic inspired parts and hero factory was the culmination of that trend.

R-User!

I hope my sarcasm was coming through. It was all but confirmed by the manager there.

I thought that your last "Nooo. It's not coming out this fall!" line was likely sarcasm, but was a tad unsure. Feels good thinking that the Slave 1 will materialize soon enough doesn't it!?

I hope you can get it when it drops, or at least at some point next year! You too ghostmind! Also ghostmind thanks again for the updates!

I will be buying the Tumbler on Monday the 18th, and I can't wait till next Friday to see what freebie well get with it. I hope it's not the Polybag Tumbler that is already in Target stores.

I would LOVE for it to be Rhas Al-Ghul; Liam Neeson in a suit with the cane!

Taken MOC's abound... "I will find you and I will... (keepin it clean for any kiddies)".

Or Scarecrow, Alfred, Catwoman, or Bane with Coat.

I gotta say I'm completely shocked that the Batman with the Very Angry Kitty is its own set and not the minifigures to the set I know about. I was sure that's what they were talking about but it looks like there's gonna be two Batman sets in the next TLM wave I guess.

This also makes me wonder about the Starry-Eyed Unikitty's exclusivity to SDCC... since that was the Unikitty variant I was told would come in the Batman set I was expecting, and it's been revealed that the Bard isn't actually an SDCC exclusive either.

Hmm. Mystery.

I finally found a pretty good deal on the Constitution train. Target had it for $70. I ordered 2 so I can make a custom passenger car or 2 and have a longer track.

Has anyone added a power function motor to this set?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Finished the Mini-Cooper.

Very fun set, though I'm disappointed they didn't include a bunch of extra 4x1 flat plates do you could swap out the license plates.

I'd open it for no other reason than to fix his hair because even that picture is driving my OCD up the wall.

But then I'd put him in a diorama with the other GotG sets.

Let's face it. The SDCC stuff will be valuable no matter what. Yeah, should you decide to sell it you might only get $300 instead of $350 for something if it's been opened, but as long as it's in good condition the kinds of people willing to pay that much for a single fig won't turn it down.

mojiimbo

Are the Lego Stores having another 20% off weekend sale this week?
It's mostly last summer's LOTR sets plus most of the newest Hobbit sets. Orthanc and that $30 Hobbit army builder with the elves were not included.

On top of that there were a handful of sets on sale for 20% off for some of the other themes(Minecraft Micro World, Imperial Hotel/Leaning Tower, Spiderman's helicopter, Jabba's Sail Barge.)

Xater

Apparently the bionicle 2015 sets were leaked, could be fake but it seems legit.

qIgaIRr.jpg

Looks like the same picture we got before but now in color. I think I read that people got sources that pretty much confirm it's legit.

I still don't know how I feel about this Bionicle stuff. I missed it when it was going on. On the one hand I think these models can look kinda cool but on the other it always seems like using these specialized parts is somehow less creative for MOCs. Since creating my own stuff is mostly what I want to do with Lego they seem limited I guess. I am willing to give it a shot though or hear opinions that might convince me otherwise.

ghostmind

Apparently LEGO is doing a reveal at SDCC at 11:00am PT Saturday, and another one at 3:00pm.

I wonder if these are already known sets (Wookie Gunship and Green Lantern) or something new?

Xater

Apparently LEGO is doing a reveal at SDCC at 11:00am PT Saturday, and another one at 3:00pm.

I wonder if these are already known sets (Wookie Gunship and Green Lantern) or something new?

They have multiple cubes to display sets. All except one had a theme associated to them. So some people speculate they might reveal Bionicle there.

Gonna have to chime in about that earlier comment.

Yeah, they're harsh words but you know what? I think the man has a point! At least for me, it's true that in fact i DO need to learn that i can't have ALL the things i desire. So yeah, it seems i am in fact still as bad at this as when i was a kid. I need to learn to let GO. Why is that so hard? :(

I guess it's that collector mentality as well that creeps up on you. Once you got going with a collection it suddenly becomes very hard to see things pop up you will probably NEVER own and you start looking for ways to make it happen regardless, often setting you back quite a bit financially etc. That's not healthy. Maybe i'll take some Yoga classes or something to relax ;) seriously...

Also: some talk about using Batman & Robin figures people already own to emulate the exclusive ones. I thought the figures used in the 66 Batmobile set were the ones from the JUNIOR line? Are they different after all?

Also: some talk about using Batman & Robin figures people already own to emulate the exclusive ones. I thought the figures used in the 66 Batmobile set were the ones from the JUNIOR line? Are they different after all?
They're the Juniors set Batman and Robin. That's probably as close to the 1966 era as we're going to get in a public release, unless they actually make that totally bitchin '66 Batmobile Ideas set that has the legit printed classic mask with the black circle on the face with the white eyebrows and nose outline.

I just said I'd use my own to keep the price of replicating the SDCC set down. I can get the Chase McCain set for 50% off and just use the Batman and Robin from the Joker Steamroller set.

Top Bottom