• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Showdown Tournament. Xbox One gameplay. [Glorious US Victory]

They'll probably still be running the game on PC's just like during the Call of Duty Xbox One multiplayer live stream. It's EA and Dice after all.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Prepare to be boarded Euros!

wwe__hacksaw_jim_duggan_gfx_by_theratedrviper1-d61zydg.png

Bsigg12

I wonder if the Acey Bongos one will be super classy?

Anyways, they should be playing on retail consoles and have what should be a retail build of BF4 being played on Xbox One at that time so we should have a final look at the game for the Xbox One.

Raide

Anyways, they should be playing on retail consoles and have what should be a retail build of BF4 being played on Xbox One at that time so we should have a final look at the game for the Xbox One.

I expect Acey to have his Euro version of the trailer. :D

That close to launch, it has to be retail code on retail units right?

SHADES

Lol, nah its just as bad, rips off William Wallace with shockingly shite humour, but anything beats the Major I suppose.

Personally I'm just looking forward to see how 32v32 holds up on console.

Bsigg12

I expect Acey to have his Euro version of the trailer. :D

That close to launch, it has to be retail code on retail units right?

I would expect so. I believe any Xbox One can run preview code now though if it's whitelisted by a Dev for Microsoft. I remember hearing journalists wouldn't need a debug console anymore to play preview builds so they could have a near final if not final build going up for the tournament.

a916

Too bad XBL video compression is worse than Youtube... we'll gleam very little else from judging the video but people will do it regardless...

Milennia

Im curious as to where they got the players that made up the teams? just picked the top 32 from the overall leaderboard? there wasnt exactly a battlefield pro circuit in the running atm so im curious.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
By the way I know everyone is all anti tribalism in this refined 21st century geopolitical sphere of ours but we're not actually going to let Europe win, right? I mean for starters Battlefield is not even a console franchise in some parts of the world but we have to unite as one country and let the world know that it damn well is.

edit: Europe trailer mentions exclusive reveals from EA and Dice....Titanfall and Mirror's Edge? Or just sneak peak at more BF4 dlc?

Raide

By the way I know everyone is all anti tribalism in this refined 21st century geopolitical sphere of ours but we're not actually going to let Europe win, right? I mean for starters Battlefield is not even a console franchise in some parts of the world but we have to unite as one country and let the world know that it damn well is.

edit: Europe trailer mentions exclusive reveals from EA and Dice....Titanfall and Mirror's Edge? Or just sneak peak at more BF4 dlc?

Maybe its that exclusive DLC coming at launch for Xbox One? More Titanfall and ME would be great though.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
You lot couldn't even design a fast next gen machine. No chance you're winning this...

UNCMark

Banned
If Xbox One has problems with online play, they'll surely show themselves today. On the other hand, if MS goes with any platform other than Xbox One for this tournament...lulz.

edit: It's going down at 11 Pacific, 2 PM Eastern and it's definitely being played on Xbox One. So today rumors die or Xbox Ones die.

If Xbox One has problems with online play, they'll surely show themselves today. On the other hand, if MS goes with any platform other than Xbox One for this tournament...lulz.

To be fair, if they played this tournament on PC right now, they'd likely run into client or server side crashes as well. The game is a little shakey at the moment.

One weird thing about this tournament is that at least some of the players they invited are PC players that do not use a controller normally. The one guy I watch from time to time was practicing his helicopter flying with a controller for the event.

Gaz_RB

Gonna be awesome. They should do more stuff like this. I remember when the community used to be a really big part of the 360 and lots of events and stuff were advertised on the dashboard.

Now it's just shitty ads:(

Awesome that Major Nelson and the other guy will be the commanders.

I added Larry when he was relatively new to microsoft in 2005/6 on skype and he used to
Talk on it . Doesnt respond anymore in the last 3-4 years

Top Bottom