• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK's top 10 best-selling games of all time (15 years of data collected)

Press Release

Amazon UK's best-selling video games of all time:

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
4. Grand Theft Auto 5
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
6. FIFA 10
7. FIFA 13
8. FIFA 12
9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
10. Zumba Fitness

"Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto and FIFA are three of the largest entertainment franchises in the world, so it's no surprise to see them dominating the top ten best-selling games chart," said Ketu Patel, Video Games & Software Category Leader at Amazon.co.uk Ltd. "The success of Skyrim suggests that there is a real appetite for epic fantasy games, whilst Zumba Fitness's appearance in tenth place shows just how big Nintendo Wii’s fanbase is in the UK."

Elsewhere across Amazon's product range, Adele's '21' is the retailer's top-selling album, Mamma Mia! the best-selling DVD, and dirty novel Fifty Shades of Grey is the top selling book.

TomPUH

As a UK resident I must reassure you all we all don't have such poor taste. I for one have only bought Skyrim on steam out of that list.
Waiting for GTA5 PC.

People don't buy CoD and FIFA from Tesco with their launch deals? I got Black Ops 2 for fifteen pounds at launch from them.

I've bought all those games except FIFA and zumba

No regrets , each call of duty was great each year.

List would be the same for USA but replace FIFA with madden

Between this and the recent couple of game OST thread results, I do feel a bid sad for the industry. Thanks, Johnny Sixpack. Or Henry Lad, as we're talking UK here.

Cels

thread title needs an edit to reflect that this is for amazon UK. just saying amazon is misleading, makes you think it's for the entire world

gamasutra has the full press release.

Amazon UK press release said:
One franchise clearly dominates the video games chart, with Activision’s blockbuster Call of Duty series taking the top three spots in the all-time video games chart. This year’s Grand Theft Auto V may well overtake Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 at the top of the list as it already takes fourth place after just one month on sale. EA’s FIFA football series is the other big franchise, taking the sixth, seventh and eighth places. Fantasy epic The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim takes ninth place, and Wii title Zumba Fitness takes the number ten spot, impressive considering it’s the only title in the list which isn’t multiplatform.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Misleading thread title. When I saw FIFA I instantly knew it was UK.

Also, dreadful list that explains why 70% of the games showcased at E3 are shooters.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. I kinda expected Mario Kart Wii instead of, well, Zumba at least.

mclem

It's worth bearing in mind another factor, here: 15 years of data goes back to 1998. That's going to inherently favour newer releases anyway simply due to Amazon expanding through the years and - on top of that - the general public becoming more comfortable with the concept of internet shopping.

Not that that really forgives anything, but it would serve to skew the numbers somewhat.

Top Bottom