• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DLC for Sonic Racing Transformed in steam registry.

ArjanN

Gotta lock fast if old.

Saw this at:
http://segabits.com/blog/2013/11/06/new-dlc-for-racing-transformed-discovered-on-steam/

asrtdlc.png

Looks like it'll be paid DLC this time instead of a free patch, so it's most likely the characters from the user poll Sumo did.

The characters in that poll with over 1000 votes were:

-Ryo Hazuki: 3379
-Hatsune Miku: 3180
-Segata Sanshiro: 2613
-Vectorman: 1221
-Bayonetta: 1215
-Ristar: 1081
-ToeJam & Earl: 1015

Apparantly there's a bunch of troll names in the code for this DLC, like Charmy the Bee. :p

Mesoian

I doubt it'll be anything from those polls due to how annoying Sega has been regarding this whole thing, but i'm always down for more DLC.

Ceebs

They own Relic now, I say put a Space Marine in the game and have him race in a Dreadnought if GW would sign off on it.

Maybe they could bundle all this stuff up and add it to the console version?

Hopefully. I'm not all that bothered about missing out on the PC related characters, as great as some of them are, but I would be disappointed to miss out on any of the poll characters, minus Miku and Vectorman.

ArjanN

I doubt it'll be anything from those polls due to how annoying Sega has been regarding this whole thing, but i'm always down for more DLC.

That doesn't really make sense given that the top characters from the poll are the ones that would sell the most. It's almost certainly those characters unless there are rights issues.

VariantX

I would so pay for a track pack. As much as I like the characters, the tracks are the real star of the show in this game.

Salsa

guys its probably gonna be a PC specific character, it's been that way for a while now

they wouldnt add bayonetta to a PC version of the game

Munin

Love the games but who cares about more characters, the game already has 232423234

A new track though...

daydream

Banned
I'll take T&E and Ristar for the console version, thank you very much.

Edit: Didn't they say that they weren't done with the console versions yet? I remain hopeful.

sith ewok

They need to port the game up to PS4 and XB1 so I can give them even more money for it. (Or else just do a new sequel...)

ArjanN

mh, yeah, I guess this could be different in that regard

still tho, I very much doubt they'll do this DLC for consoles so I dont see much sense in putting characters from games that arent available on PC

There's already lots of characters in there that were never in a PC game.

Fucking Sega, I've spend so much money on Sonic/Sega games on 360 yet they are focusing on PC/Wii U. What about me Sega? Why do you hate my money.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GODDAMNIT BRING THIS TO THE 360 VERSION

I WANT MY VECTORMAN

I own it on Steam too, but I can't run it properly

Salsa

There's already lots of characters in there that were never in a PC game.

I meant characters added later tho, there's been a trend of SEGA adding PC characters as new games get near release. The PC version of the game has a strong following (it being a great port) and they're taking advantage of it by promoting their new releases, while making fans happy.

It's smart, im just saying they'll probably continue this. Maybe go bigger with full fledged DLC.

That said: I actually dont think there's "lots" of characters that werent on PC in there, there's actually quite a few that got ports one way or another!

Top Bottom