• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale - Sonic and Friends Anniversary Sale

I knew Sonic was in bed with the Yakuza

elyey8L.png

I have a Question: Would PSP Genesis collection Work On PS TV?

It does not work on US PS TV.

Yes it should, though in this case you would need to
1- Put your PSTV's mem. card into your vita
2- Connect vita to PS3
3- Transf. game from PS3 to Vita
4- Put mem. card back into PSTV

Even if you transfer it over it will spit out a message saying it is incompatible when you click on the game's bubble.

Remk

Why can't Sonic be friends with the Monkey Ball or Virtua Tennis cast?

Those Vita versions are never on sale and I refuse to pay full price for them :(

So it looks like PSN is working on PSP. I managed to buy Genesis Collection in the last few hours. Can't believe it's over 700MB.

What a bargain.

It definitely works (or worked, anyway). I had this on my Vita for ages before I removed it to make space.

OK, thanks for this confirmation. I wonder if perhaps I was thinking of the Capcom Classics PSP games. I'm going to snag this and Daytona.

What are the chances that Sony releases some kind of PS4 to Vita capability for the PS3 to Vita transfer only games?

Really would like that Genesis Collection but I have PS4, Vita and PSTV only. Wondering I I should do a speculative purchase and hope for the future or not.

Agent X

What are the chances that Sony releases some kind of PS4 to Vita capability for the PS3 to Vita transfer only games?

Really would like that Genesis Collection but I have PS4, Vita and PSTV only. Wondering I I should do a speculative purchase and hope for the future or not.

That's a good point. I've always found it odd that there are so many PSP games that can be installed on Vita through the use of a PS3 system, but cannot be downloaded directly from the PS Store on Vita. I doubt this is a "licensing" restriction, but more likely a technical one.

For cases like this, the companies involved (Sony and the game's publisher) should make some effort to solve this problem, and enable direct downloads on the Vita. By not allowing this, they're losing potential sales from people who own a Vita but not a PS3.

On the subject of the game itself (Sega Genesis Collection), it's a fantastic value at four bucks. I don't think it's ever been cheaper on PSN. It's up to you to decide if you want to go forward with the purchase, but there's no telling how long it might take to get the game enabled for direct download on Vita (or if it will even happen at all). They do update the list occasionally, but there's no way to reliably predict these kinds of updates. They're usually unannounced, and often come to light when someone stumbles on the listing in the PSN Store and posts about it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I need help!

I purchased the Genesis Collection so I can transfer it to the Vita from the PS3, but I can't get it to transfer over because I always get this error (C0-11019-2)! I've tried doing it by cable and then doing it through WiFi and no dice. Any ideas how I can get it to transfer over or am I fucked and it doesn't transfer over anymore? I read the thread and people were saying it worked.

I need help!

I purchased the Genesis Collection so I can transfer it to the Vita from the PS3, but I can't get it to transfer over because I always get this error (C0-11019-2)! I've tried doing it by cable and then doing it through WiFi and no dice. Any ideas how I can get it to transfer over or am I fucked and it doesn't transfer over anymore? I read the thread and people were saying it worked.

I got the same thing while trying to transfer VC2 to my vita. I just did it WiFi and it would fail the first time and worked the second

I need help!

I tried to purchase this earlier and was going to try to transfer it but when I went to pay for it, it said the transaction couldn't be completed. Of course I was still charged for it and I don't have the game. Going to get to contact Sony support in the morning. That'll be a blast.

If they fix it for me, i'll let you know how my transfer goes.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Gonna give an update. The PS3 to Vita transfer for the Genesis Collection works now! I guess it was indeed a PSN issue!!

Top Bottom