• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Playstation 4 To Release On 22nd November In Europe

GlamFM

Banned
aBKmpgO_460sa.gif

lefantome

I heard the same stuff about a november 21 release here in Italy today.

I'm having lunch break in 16 minutes and I will stop to the gamestop to ask infos.

EDIT: wtf the source is the same, so it's 99% fake.

Moobabe

This could simply be a trade in thing. GAME are doing something where you can go in a week early and trade in all your shit, or pay upfront for every item you want with your PS4 order then collect the following week.

Not a debunk, just a thought.

gruenel

So Italy gets the Killzone bundle on Nov 22nd, while Germany doesn't even have a release date other than "sometime in December" yet? Lol.

I wish this was true, because I leave on a holiday 2 days before the launch on the 29th.

But a "user of [a] forum" recieving some sort of call from Gamespot sounds just like a mistake more than anything. If this was true, I'ld assume we'ld have a lot more indication of it.

And I'm guessing it would too late notice to bring the launch date forward, and have it launch on the same day as Xbox One.

I wish, but not happening.

tensuke

That'd be a week early, correct? Good news if true. If not, it's just a week, and it was going to be then originally anyway.

Raist

Banned
Frankly, I don't get the two weeks delay (compared to NA). Warehouses are probably getting filled up with PS4s as we speak. It's weird.

IMBored

Having just pre-ordered it and the guy saying that I'll only get it mid December or January, and they don't even know if they'll get any bundles, I really hate you right now.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm sure after creating all that promo material that has 29th of November on it, Sony just up and decides to move it up a week.

I highly doubt that.

Nero3000

Frankly, I don't get the two weeks delay (compared to NA). Warehouses are probably getting filled up with PS4s as we speak. It's weird.

The two weeks probably account for another 500,000 consoles produced, allowing them to send more consoles for day one launch in both NA and EU rather than if they launched on the same day. Which is probably preferable to smaller launch quantities then a limited stream of consoles.

At least its only two weeks and not 2 months.

Skeff

I doubt it, but I'd be super hyped if they launched some countries on 22nd, especially if that included UK.

Would be a retail nightmare with XB1 though.

Omikaru

I don't think retail would be too happy about them changing their date this late.

Also, I'm not sure retail in the countries that are also getting Xbox One this year would be particularly happy at having to juggle two launches on the same day. I know a few people who work at GAME and they said it's bad enough with just one system launching, and all of them seemed pretty glad that they were on separate days, even if it meant having to run midnight launches lasting for weeks (remember that some games like CoD get midnight launches too).

DieH@rd

Banned
I dont believe it, somebody made a mistake, somebody is not informed, somebody switched the dates.

On nov22 some EU stores will probably star trade-in offers so that you can pay up for you console before launch.

Would be a hilarious launch night at the larger GAME stores in the UK if it were true. Bots and Ponies in the same queue!

Dahaka

The only thing we could say is that by that time the warehouses will already have stocked PS4s by the masses.

LAA

Do it!!
Just paid my PS4 mega bundle this morning, so brilliant if true!
Don't think its likely though really, but a lot of things are being left kinda late tbh. I don't feel we've really had a good look at the PS4 OS yet and all its features and I dont even think we've seen ANYTHING to do with the PSN Store, though showing features and changing a release date are two very different things.

I'm all for it though if it means getting a PS4 earlier.

Top Bottom