• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

It reckon it's because XBLA games always come out on Wednesday, because this also has an XBLA version MS are keeping them together.
Just a theory.

That's actually a very good theory, I didn't think of 360.

Also, I'm hoping Pier Solar HD makes it out at the end of the month, the dev has been quiet about it though since a week or so back :(

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
So I wanted to post a list of the games I tried out at PAX East, and some impressions/comments for you all since I like sharing news about downloadable games.

There Came an Echo - I played this game for maybe 5 minutes or so and the demo took place in an airport at what I assume was the first level of the game as they tought you how to speak all the commands. The game has a controller hooked up, but everything I did in the game was 100% voice commands, which were pretty cool, and might I say accurate. PAX East is very loud and congested as many know, so the dev watching me actually was impressed that the game was picking up my commands with 100% success rate, and commented that the game must like me :p. Very fun though, AMAZING voice acting.

Thanks for the impressions. Really looking forward to see what the indies come up with for kinect and cloud compute as we move through the generation. This sounds really cool though obviously only using the mic that would be available on any system.

hey guys, I don't know if this is the proper thread to make this question but I haven't found a more suitable thread ( I thought an official thread for XB1 would've been available, but it isn't).

can you set up the family sharing plan for 3 different systems and users?

zebwinz

hey guys, I don't know if this is the proper thread to make this question but I haven't found a more suitable thread ( I thought an official thread for XB1 would've been available, but it isn't).

can you set up the family sharing plan for 3 different systems and users?

There is no family sharing plan anymore - you need one Gold account on one console, then all other accounts on that console have Gold privileges, whether the Gold account owner is signed in or out. Are you planning on buying three Xbox Ones and using one Gold account across all three? Not sure that if that would work or not.

There is no family sharing plan anymore - you need one Gold account on one console, then all other accounts on that console have Gold privileges, whether the Gold account owner is signed in or out. Are you planning on buying three Xbox Ones and using one Gold account across all three? Not sure that if that would work or not.

afaik you can buy a game and share it with other console(s), I don't think that feature has been disabled

zebwinz

afaik you can buy a game and share it with other console(s), I don't think that feature has been disabled

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the Gold Family Plan that they discontinued. Yes, f you log in on another console with the Gold account that bought a game, anyone can play that game - as long as the Gold account continues to be signed in.

Only on one console, designated as the Home console, can anyone play without that Gold account being signed in.

It says usually ships within 24 hours, someone in the US risk $10 for the team!

On it :p.

Order went through, got confirmation number. Waiting to see if they actually ship it lol.

Doubt it's a real listing. They forgot the "s" in Battlegrounds in the product name, and list Microsoft Studios as developer and publisher when it is Team-17. Ah well, funny if they do end up shipping something.

U2NUMB

On it :p.

Order went through, got confirmation number. Waiting to see if they actually ship it lol.

Doubt it's a real listing. They forgot the "s" in Battlegrounds in the product name, and list Microsoft Studios as developer and publisher when it is Team-17. Ah well, funny if they do end up shipping something.

Would this not be a downloadable game? Wonder if you will get a code.. or that email saying "our bad, here is your money back"

Interested in finding out.

Doffen

We got ourself a E3 thread title:

4xlZ2mB.png

Would this not be a downloadable game? Wonder if you will get a code.. or that email saying "our bad, here is your money back"

Interested in finding out.

It's possible they could be making a boxed copy like Trials did, but if the price really is $10 then that doesn't make much sense. Haven't gotten a shipping email yet, I'll keep the thread updated if it ships :p.

Can we have a pre E3 hype thread too? That was amazing last year.

We lost a lot of good friends in that thread... :(

edit: I posted about Jet Car Stunts on X1 yesterday. Apparently the May release is for last gen systems, Xbox One/PS4 release is a bit after that.

Also, any new on Pier Solar HD? The Dev had been saying end of April for a while but has gone silent recently :(. Chris Charla did mention that 2 more games were coming this month though so maybe that is one.

Anyone else think we might get a stealth release this Tuesday/Wednesday of an ID game before Child of Light the week after?

So I got my shipment confirmation from Gamestop today for Worms Battlegrounds. Curious to see what they send me, if it's worms battlegrounds I'll be very amazed lol. Expecting them to ship me some random game though that they misfiled. Will keep updated.

m23

Well, not specifically but Phil did say this recently:

So, I would expect that there are projects are various stages of development and also of different sizes (digital and maybe retail depending on the property) so i'd expect maybe a reveal or two at E3? More at Gamescom and TGS?

I can't wait to find out what they're bringing back. I remember Spencer referencing the KI announcement a few times in regards to possible announcements at this year's e3.

So I got my shipment confirmation from Gamestop today for Worms Battlegrounds. Curious to see what they send me, if it's worms battlegrounds I'll be very amazed lol. Expecting them to ship me some random game though that they misfiled. Will keep updated.

This is hilarious. Wonder what it could be!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Most XB1 patches are basically rewriting the old game file with a new one, rather than pure "inset new content within old content" type deals.

Probably easier to get out on a timely matter this way, but nowhere near as optimized as the old 360 patches, much more like PS3 updates.

Most XB1 patches are basically rewriting the old game file with a new one, rather than pure "inset new content within old content" type deals.

Probably easier to get out on a timely matter this way, but nowhere near as optimized as the old 360 patches, much more like PS3 updates.

Yeh I dont understand how they fudged that up to be honest, its a bad system. I saw Peggle 2 update and then saw it was 2gb, took a lot longer than it would have if it just a patch.

Chitown B

Yeh I dont understand how they fudged that up to be honest, its a bad system. I saw Peggle 2 update and then saw it was 2gb, took a lot longer than it would have if it just a patch.

sure but probably less stable. And it's nothing like PS3 patches. Those were a nightmare. Really, 2GB takes like 15 minutes to download.

Well, to be fair, there are no longer separate compatibility updates because of the way it's done now. Still, it would be nice to see them find a way to come back to the differential updates of old.

sure but probably less stable. And it's nothing like PS3 patches. Those were a nightmare. Really, 2GB takes like 15 minutes to download.

The 13gb update for Dead Rising 3 was a nightmare I dont think its that much better but internet speeds have improved and you can play other stuff whilst you wait

Chitown B

The 13gb update for Dead Rising 3 was a nightmare I dont think its that much better but internet speeds have improved and you can play other stuff whilst you wait

Yeah, I'd rather let the update download and install in the background and do other things than install a patch on my PS3 that takes over the system and has me download it, then unpack it, then install it, then patch it. That system is ridiculous.

That would be more or less fine if they updated the file also on their servers, but they keep the old version as the one that is downloaded if you buy the game just now right?
So basically you download a 2GB game and as soon as you fire it up you received a message saying that you need a 2GB update....

Top Bottom