• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Engineer 'never worked for Nintendo', not working on Android Tablet

Tripon

Nintendo says a man claiming to be a Nintendo of America software engineer has never worked for the company, after claims he made over Twitter.

The now deleted tweets from Nando Monterazo claimed to leak a new project that could see the video gaming giant build an educational-only games platform for android devices.

According to Monterazo, the device was aimed primarily at schools and focused entirely on educational games. It didn't allow any previous Nintendo games to run on the product.

Nintendo confirmed no man by that name ever worked for the company and said it doesn't comment on rumours or speculation.

http://www.skynews.com.au/tech/article.aspx?id=926988

It was really weird how my news feed was bombarded with Nintendo wanted to build an android tablet news from all manners of websites, blogs, etc.

It's like everyone really wanted Nintendo to make an android tablet to play their games on....

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Uhhh....am I missing something here? Is he lying? He tweets Nintendo jobs all the time too...
jdpWef5.png

jeffers

nintendos hardware engineering is done in kyoto? dunno how company wide known it could have been (if real).
edit: also nintendos pretty secretive, doubt someone who posts regularly ninty stuff would say anything.

mclem

Uhhh....am I missing something here? Is he lying? He tweets Nintendo jobs all the time too...

From his tweets:

I had bought a "Commodore 64" and another called "ZX Spectrum" to get back to programming in Basic or Assembler! #retrocomputing

I don't quite buy that. If I was returning to low-level programming I'd pick one system alone. Much more significantly, though, if he's based in Redmond, he'd be a lot more likely to encounter the Timex Sinclair US version of the Spectrum rather than the commercial UK ZX Spectrum. It's not inconcievable, of course, but that's setting off alarm bells.

It reads to me a little like someone's vaguely aware of the sort of thing an engineer might say without actually fully understanding it.

L~A

Yup, the whole thing was very fishy from the start. I seriously doubt Nintendo would allow such informatino to leak the way it did. I admit I've been fooled, but in retrospect, it was still pretty shady. Oh well, back to Nintendoomed, I guess :)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
From his tweets:

I don't quite buy that. If I was returning to low-level programming I'd pick one system alone. Much more significantly, though, if he's based in Redmond, he'd be a lot more likely to encounter the Timex Sinclair US version of the Spectrum rather than the commercial UK ZX Spectrum. It's not inconcievable, of course, but that's setting off alarm bells.

It reads to me a little like someone's vaguely aware of the sort of thing an engineer might say without actually fully understanding it.
In his pics, the 3DSes seem to be EU due to PEGI logos on the boxes. The WiiU box is the american one, as is the PS4 (obviously)

Still it's pretty clear at this point he doesn't work at Nintendo

Alrus

I never heard about that leak but anyone who knows Nintendo's history should realize that they would never let someone blatantly leak such information on twitter.

And NoA doesn't even have a hardware division afaik?

PhantomR

Banned
There is absolutely no one whatsoever named Nando Monterazo who works for NOA, NOE, NCL, NOK, NOA (Australia), Retro Studios, or any other Nintendo subsidiary or company.

#truthfact

willybobo

Banned
Regardless of whether he was lying or not, I think we should all thank him for having one of the most amazing names around.

NANDO MONTERAZO??!~

I mean, are you for real, that is fucking badass.

It's like Lando Calrissian and Antonio Banderas had a baby.

I would buy a game titled NANDO MONTERAZO sooner than Ryse or Knack.

WalkMan

Banned
You know how in elementary school there would be that kid that claimed to have an uncle that worked at Nintendo that let him play the new console? This guy is claiming to be that uncle.

L~A

Sorry but I'm gonna ROFLING.

Here.

ROFL!

Nando Monterazo @NandoMonterazo
I just activated @Tweet_Delete on my account to automatically delete my old tweets (is.gd/delete)!

Ha ha ha. I'm dying here!

What I find strage, it's that Twitter tells me he's followed by Nitnendo of America.... Why would NoA follow a fake dude?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Are these jobs like Nintendo.com/jobs. I can do the same regarding NOE, doesn't mean I work foe them though...

Yeah but why take the time to do so lol. Seems like an awful lot of time and effort for a fake account. Weird.

I followed the guy for a while and had a few interactions with him, I just assumed English wasn't his first language hence spelling/grammar mistakes. I don't see what the point of this all was though.

mclem

Are followers listed in the order they're added, most recent first? I have about three, it's hard for me to judge.

I ask because, for a given guy, you'd expect their closest associates to be the ones who follow them at first. So I waded through the list, and at the very tail end, I find this. A Brazilian (Uh, I think) gaming humour blog.

mclem

Someone should CSI this.

There's a fair chance that's just a random picture rather than the writer. Although that said, tineye doesn't show it up as known on the web.

As an aside, Nando is probably short for Fernando, if people aren't aware.

How come a tweet became news? :eek:

I really don't understand today's journalism. Well I must admit it wasn't present on major press websites... so maybe gaming and high tech pres are just not journalists... and we shouldn't yell everywhere that they are bad journalists because they just are not journalists at all. It's just as simple as that.

Regardless of whether he was lying or not, I think we should all thank him for having one of the most amazing names around.

NANDO MONTERAZO??!~

I mean, are you for real, that is fucking badass.

It's like Lando Calrissian and Antonio Banderas had a baby.

I would buy a game titled NANDO MONTERAZO sooner than Ryse or Knack.
Definetly a perfect name for a Suda game.

Top Bottom