• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Papo & Yo (PC-Steam) on IndieGameStand (PWYW - $1 minimum)

https://indiegamestand.com/

Noticed this in the Steam thread a few hours ago, and figured that this was a big enough deal for its own thread. IndieGameStand has the popular indie game Papo & Yo as the current 96-hour deal. It's Pay What You Want, with a $1 minimum, since the game's only on Steam. Beating the Average nets you the game's soundtrack, also on Steam.

Apologies if a thread was already posted.

Newblade

This is a game about the love/hate relationship of a brazilian boy with his abusive father, in a fabela setting mixed with chalk fantasies and a toy robot sidekick.

Buy it.

Dascu

I heard middling things about the gameplay and that the story is not nuanced or subtle at all.

Still, at this price...

I heard middling things about the gameplay and that the story is not nuanced or subtle at all.

Still, at this price...

I liked it. Story is kind of meh, but it's a puzzle-platformer which barely have stories anyways. Biggest problem with the gameplay is the world feels pretty open, but there's no collectibles or optional content anywhere. It's basically one linear puzzle at a time. Puzzles are decent but it can occasionally get frusterating getting the beast (forgot the name) to the exact spot you need it.
It's also the closest thing we have to The Last Guardian in the next 5 years. :'(

Top Bottom