• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Mobius 1

This entire GT Sport / GT7 speculation would make more sense if Polyphony decided to turn the franchise into a platform with a common core of simulation technologies, where they can build a sporting simulation that would meet the demands of the FIA partnership in GT Sport, and on the other hand release a mainstream game in GT7.

I would love to see what they'd do, not constrained by the need to move millions of copies. All that sensibility and sophistication applied to a product not compromised by mainstream appeal.

smokeysuncrj4o.gif

granturismo6_2cdsro.png

granturismo6_36mslh.png

granturismo6_4mfsj4.png

granturismo6_6rmscz.png

granturismo6kysw5.png

Yiazmat

Great video showing a lap on all the tracks in the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8o6Ky_3Zw0

0:00:00 - Apricot Hill Raceway
0:01:34 - Ascari
0:03:37 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza
0:05:30 - Autumn Ring
0:06:48 - Beginner Course
0:07:17 - Brands Hatch
0:08:45 - Cape Ring
0:11:15 - Cathedral Rocks
0:13:17 - Chamonix (1)
0:15:47 - Chamonix (2)
0:19:32 - Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo
0:21:21 - Circuit de la Sarthe
0:25:24 - Circuit de la Sierra
0:33:41 - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
0:36:02 - Circuito de Madrid
0:37:27 - Circuito di Roma
0:38:42 - Citta di Aria
0:40:17 - Complex String
0:44:41 - Costa di Amalfi
0:46:39 - Côte d'Azur
0:48:16 - Daytona International Speedway
0:50:06 - Deep Forest Raceway
0:51:23 - Eiger Nordwand (Dirt)
0:55:37 - Eiger Nordwand (Original)
0:56:44 - El Capitan
0:58:26 - Fuji Speedway
1:00:08 - George V Paris
1:01:31 - Goodwood Hillclimb
1:02:21 - Gran Turismo Arena
1:02:54 - Grand Canyon
1:05:43 - Grand Valley Speedway
1:07:34 - Green Forest Roadway
1:09:20 - Grindelwald
1:10:41 - High Speed Ring
1:11:53 - Hong Kong
1:13:16 - Ice Arena
1:14:16 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway
1:15:51 - Infineon Raceway
1:17:24 - Kart Space
1:18:05 - Las Vegas Drag Strip
1:18:26 - London
1:19:22 - Matterhorn
1:20:30 - Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway
1:21:57 - Mid-Field Raceway
1:23:10 - Motor Sports Land
1:23:48 - Motorland
1:24:31 - Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
1:26:41 - New York
1:28:17 - Nürburgring
1:36:16 - Opera Paris
1:37:37 - Pikes Peak
1:39:55 - Red Rock Valley Speedway
1:41:14 - Redbull Ring
1:42:47 - Rome Circuit
1:44:17 - Rome-Night
1:45:53 - Seattle Circuit
1:47:27 - Seoul Central
1:48:29 - Silverstone
1:50:32 - Smokey Mountain North
1:51:58 - Smokey Mountain South
1:53:29 - Special Stage Route 5
1:54:53 - Special Stage Route 7
2:00:32 - Special Stage Route 11
2:02:31 - Special Stage Route X
2:07:16 - Super Speedway
2:08:01 - Suzuka Circuit
2:10:03 - Swiss Alps
2:11:48 - Tahiti Circuit
2:13:32 - Tahiti Maze
2:16:03 - Tahiti Road
2:17:15 - Test Course (1)
2:18:17 - Test Course (2)
2:20:19 - The Top Gear Test Track
2:21:31 - Tokyo R246
2:23:13 - Toscana
2:25:14 - Trial Mountain Circuit
2:26:41 - Tsukuba Circuit
2:27:40 - Twin Ring Motegi
2:29:34 - Willow Springs International Raceway

Ainsz

So a bit lttp for this game. I've played a bit of it so far without updates a absolutely love it already, despite being forced to buy a Honda Jazz at the start. But man oh man, I'm currently updating the game and have been over the course of the past week in chunks. Today finally install the last update and already I'm excited to start racing then bam, preparation for installing the updates in game. Finally that finishes, then bam! Installing updates in game. Took about ten minute to get a measly chunk on the install bar and am still waiting. It's almost comical how much waiting there is to play it.

On the whole, wow is the game a looker, without getting to close to the screen it's as good if not better in some cases better than Driveclub. Really shows how much the the PS3 had to offer still to this day for games and I still feel it had more to show before next gen arrived but the install and loading speeds on PS3 do show it's age.

Driving is sub-lime as ever and the new game's more ambitious presentation is wholly welcomed. the hud, menus and other onscreen features that aren't race track and car are brilliantly striking and a nice change from the complete minimalist presentation GT4 to 5 went with.

Still haven't sunk enough time to make a real judgement on it. Not too fond of the career's new set up. meshing the licenses with the racing campaign is an odd choice and only serves to further skimp on the single player content, that GT5 already did a lot of after GT4's pretty much RPG racing campaign.

But that's really my only complaint so far. And in any case, it's GT and I can tell 6 is still true to series and there really is no other series like it. Now I'm gonna go check on the installation progess.

Yiazmat

eGpAIud.jpg

They must be saving the announcement for December 6, which marks the 2 year anniversary of the lack of the course maker.

Hyundai's VGT

The Hyundai N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo powertrain is based on world’s first mass-produced Hyundai hydrogen fuel cell system, highlighting Hyundai Motor’s passion for performance and sustainability. The total system output is 650 kW (871 HP), with the dual fuel cell stacks providing 500 kW (670 HP), and the super capacitor system generating an additional 150 kW (201 HP) by using energy regeneration when braking. This remarkable power is delivered through four high-powered independent in-wheel motors, which provide uncompromised traction and immediate response.

i15wbujh6uzaksh4plly.jpg

i1hqelwt9dy8rhb9azp5.jpg

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4329595.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL8nRHNl9Jc

Bugatti VGT unveiled

"Le Mans influenced the design of the virtual race car for Vision Gran Turismo in two ways," explains Achim Anscheidt, head of Bugatti design team. "First, through Bugatti's tremendous victories on the circuit there. Second, this track with its long straights remains an emblem of top speed today, making it the ideal place for Bugatti to show what it can do as a double world record holder." Bugatti has held the record for the world's fastest street-legal production vehicle since 2010 with a speed of 431.072 kph (267.86 mph) and made its way into the record books again in 2013 with the world's fastest production roadster, clocking 408.48 kph (254.04 mph).

i1cr1fp6afm69ubshqrc.jpg

i1tpyyi9x5mn88c6dq3r.jpg

i1z8cmu0omu9kubmvopf.jpg

i1fevadonqpn0ubagoay.jpg

i1vo02lca3dxxce54okm.jpg

i1glphhhkrztw7e2krbw.jpg

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_5252473.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9F3LjhiOTU

Double H

The GT6 plane crashed months ago.
Yip.

The Bugatti and Hyundai Vision GT news items state that the cars will be coming exclusively to PlayStation®’s Gran Turismo video game series. Previous Vision GTs specifically mentioned GT6.

RIP in Peace.

Is that a detailed interior I see?
From the previous page:
It'd be odd for it not to have a cockpit since the description on the GT site describes it
Just as in the exterior design, no concessions were made in the design of the car’s interior. “This is an uncompromising race car,” emphasized Etienne Salome, the head of Interior Design at Bugatti. The interior is designed to meet racing requirements. All indicators, displays and controls are located where a race-car driver expects them – easy to read and easy to reach.

Pophead

Yip.

The Bugatti and Hyundai Vision GT news items state that the cars will be coming exclusively to PlayStation®’s Gran Turismo video game series. Previous Vision GTs specifically mentioned GT6.

RIP in Peace.

And in the trailers, only the Gran Turismo logo was featured in the outro, not Gran Turismo 6.

The Bugatti trailer had a G29 and a DualShock 4? at the beginning. With this and the 7 pit men wearing GT suits in the first Bugatti teaser, is this a subtle way of indicating GT7 is coming, or do I just like mad theories?

paskowitz

And in the trailers, only the Gran Turismo logo was featured in the outro, not Gran Turismo 6.

The Bugatti trailer had a G29 and a DualShock 4? at the beginning. With this and the 7 pit men wearing GT suits in the first Bugatti teaser, is this a subtle way of indicating GT7 is coming, or do I just like mad theories?

We have been seeing GT7 since the NSX concept teaser which had advanced lighting. PD always uses a beefed up version of their engine for promotional stuff.

Look folks, at this stage GT7 is a late 2016, but more likely 2017 title. Other than that Vision GT for GT6 and MAYBE a demo don't expect any GT content until release. If we don't get GT Academy for PS4 next year we aren't getting anything until 2017.

Honestly, radio silence is better than the slow, arduous tease that was GT5.

I havent kept up with the GT Vision stuff (because why would I?) but has there ever been anything in those trailers that stood out as something maybe not running on a ps3?

I remember that NSX trailer around GT6 had that one shot that looks real suspisious.

x240-Akn.jpg

But it could have easily been the old Forza thing where the entire background is just a high res flat picture.

I dont think that photo location ever popped up since though. May be wrong on that though. Havent touched gt6 since a month or two after it was released.

Mobius 1

There is a PS4 on their table here:
6VnKr8C.png

I would have dismissed it as an oversight since the initial segment of the video doesn't seem to be produced by PD themselves, but I also imagine Kaz must personally oversee these promos. The trolling continues.

paskowitz

There is a PS4 on their table here:
6VnKr8C.png

I would have dismissed it as an oversight since the initial segment of the video doesn't seem to be produced by PD themselves, but I also imagine Kaz must personally oversee these promos. The trolling continues.

Guys, GT has never been a matter of "if"... but "when". Of course there is a GT PS4 coming. After GT5 and GT6 I don't think PD is going to be very eager to show anything that could indicate the nearing of a future release unless GT is practically gone gold.

2016 is already pretty stacked for Sony. I honestly don't think we will see a full GT release next year.

magawolaz

I havent kept up with the GT Vision stuff (because why would I?) but has there ever been anything in those trailers that stood out as something maybe not running on a ps3?

I remember that NSX trailer around GT6 had that one shot that looks real suspisious.

x240-Akn.jpg

But it could have easily been the old Forza thing where the entire background is just a high res flat picture.

I dont think that photo location ever popped up since though. May be wrong on that though. Havent touched gt6 since a month or two after it was released.
We saw volumetric clouds over Matterhorn, from the Alpine VGT trailer:
KBLE2N.gif

Sierra with lightnings, from the Infiniti VGT trailer:
Tno0wuk.gif

Probably more. That NSX shot most likely used a real life video as background, with the NSX and foreground rocks digitally overimposed.

As Wax has pointed out, they're clearly transitioning to GT7 now. Previous VGT info release

The SRT Tomahawk Vision Gran Turismo has been released on "Gran Turismo 6", available exclusively on PlayStation®3.

On January 30th, Lexus announced the LEXUS LF-LC GT “Vision Gran Turismo”. This car is planned for distribution in a free update for the PlayStation®3 exclusive title Gran Turismo 6 due to be released in spring 2015.

Bugatti release

Ahead of the Frankfurt Motor Show to be held in Germany from the 17th of September, Bugatti has revealed the full-scale show car of “Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo”. This car will be coming exclusively to PlayStation®’s Gran Turismo video game series.

Hyundai release

Ahead of the Frankfurt Motor Show to be held from the 17th of September in Germany, Hyundai has revealed the “Hyundai N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo” and its full scale model. This car will be coming exclusively to PlayStation®’s Gran Turismo video game series.

Previous end sequence in trailer

oldolpbu.png

New end sequence

newe4qi2.png

benzy

Denur

x240-Akn.jpg

Doesn't look like a flat picture in the video (from 2.27)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfRq4Cgt6jY

THE:MILKMAN

Polyphony are going to shock the world, GT Sport reveal / announcement at FIA HQ next month, release date Dec 2015.

It wouldn't shock me, actually. The course maker being delayed for reason(s) that aren't technical and fans will understand (per GTPlanet mods), end sequence removal of "6" per SSX, Kaz saying <2017 but 2016 is stacked.

I'm even wondering if UC4 being "delayed" to March is really to make room for GT given that ND announced a firm release date seven months in advance..

Crazy talk, but someone has to!

Yiazmat

Yeah these Bugatti videos and pics are definitely edited. (probably by Bugatti)

For instance, in this image the track is clearly GT6 La Sarthe but the car looks like a render, it has self-reflections everywhere and the materials just look too good.

Mobius 1

Guys, GT has never been a matter of "if"... but "when". Of course there is a GT PS4 coming. After GT5 and GT6 I don't think PD is going to be very eager to show anything that could indicate the nearing of a future release unless GT is practically gone gold.

2016 is already pretty stacked for Sony. I honestly don't think we will see a full GT release next year.

We know, these are futile attempts to read the tea leaves, as it were :(

Most of Sony's 2016 games don't have a release date yet. They're just set for a generic 2016. I think in many ways 2016 is the year that Sony's been building to in recent years. They've let games slide in terms of their release date and development periods stretch out in general for that year. Everything is lining up for that to be the single best first party lineup they've ever had, and quite frankly probably the best first party lineup anyone has ever had in a single year. It's basically a time for them to really flex their muscles, especially after the ridiculous criticism they've received about their first party releases in the first two years of the PS4's life.

Top Bottom