• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Job posting hints to Monolith Soft's X to have online multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankCaron

So the last X trailer made it pretty clear that multiplayer was coming to X, but a new job posting on Monolith's website could be making it even clearer.

ネットワークプログラマー急募!(Network programmer)

sonXEnT.png

Pop and robot lock if old. Sorry for the grammar fail in the title.

Awesome. I'd love to see more RPGs with online coop. I want this game so bad; don't care about a single other title on the system, just this. I need a price drop first though, then I'll jump in.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The trailers absolutely screamed online of some sort, and I'm pretty sure they've been looking for network folks for a while now.

Wii U GAF: "X News!??!? Where, where!?!! Gimmie, gimmie!!!"

=P

I'm sure everyone kinda knew it has online multiplayer though, still good info to corroborate with.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
As long as it's not hamfisted or a vital part of the experience. I have no interest in multiplayer in a Takahashi game.

I kind of wish it had no online at all. Xenoblade was incredible and reminded me of the golden age of RPG's. The game didn't need online. I love just being immersed in a single player storyline. I hope if it's done, it's done well and doesn't detract from the storyline. I trust Monolith.

VanWinkle

Network programmer doesn't necessarily mean online multiplayer. Could just be someone who handles online leaderboards or stats, or Miiverse stuff, etc.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
How far away is this game from release?

It's listed as a 2014 release worldwide. Presumably later in the year if that's accurate, since we still don't really know anything about it and Nintendo isn't talking about it much.

Edit: And I'm not convinced this is going to be a "traditional" story-driven RPG with online elements. I think the online play and co-op could very well be the focus of the game and not a big story. I know, Takahashi and all, but we've barely seen a hint of story but a decent bit of gameplay, including some design decisions that wouldn't really make sense in an RPG with a party. Like the mechs.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Seemed obvious but this is another confirmation.

I feel more and more certain that this is going to be more multiplayer oriented than maybe some are expecting. More Monster Hunter than Xenoblade you could say.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
"Hold on a minute, that's a dinosaur... this game's got dinosaurs... AND robots... that... turn into tanks— GUYS, THIS GAME'S GOT DINOSAURS AND ROBOTS IN IT. AND NOW IT
HOPEFULLY
HAS ONLINE MULTIPLAYER

Thought this was pretty clear from the trailer but nice to have some sort of confirmation, not a huge fan of the genre but this appeals to me.

sublimit

Banned
Eh we had already figured that the game would have some kind of online MP.I'm really curious though to see how it will be implemented.
So excited about this game hopefully we'll hear some new info soon.

sunnz

Could make me get a wii u.

Is the combat gonna be more like finale fantasy or monster hunter/dark souls.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
A bit of a stretch to say that one posting for a network programmer indicates there will be online multiplayer functionality.

Minions

No the game will have a singleplayer the online was always optional

Interesting. I wonder if it will end up meaning you can't kill most of the harder bosses/enemies of the game without playing online. I feel I'm going to miss a lot of the things I enjoyed about Xenoblade.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
No the game will have a singleplayer the online was always optional

To be honest, we really don't know this. It could be a MMO for all we know. I mean, it's really unlikely, but they haven't said anything specific about the game. They haven't even given a public working title or genre.

Anything being said about this game is an assumption unless it's specifically shown in one of the trailers.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
we think it is around 5-7 people right

There was a scene in the second trailer that showed 5 characters (seemingly player characters) on the minimap. One player in a mech, three others along with him, and another off in the distance.

Could have more. Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom