• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleepy Dogs & Lara Croft Guardian of Light for January Games With Gold

Mikey Jr.

Slowly getting better.

I wonder what happened that MS even had to start this program. Were Live subs dropping to PSN? I mean, PSN plus has been around since 2010, but only now MS decided to do this.

jett

D-Member
This service is becoming less garbage it seems. Is it like Plus where the games become yours as long as you're subscribed to Live?

Not bad. I hope this is the month that sees the service start to improve, they can't continue it by giving away crap like Shoot Many Robots, etc.

Anyway, I wonder when they'll announce it coming to X1? I think we can all agree that Lococycle is pretty much a lock for the first GwG on X1.

Everybody play Sleeping Dogs, best open world game after GTAV/RDR. Enjoyed it more than GTAIV, and any of the saints row games.

Not bad. I hope this is the month that sees the service start to improve, they can't continue it by giving away crap like Shoot Many Robots, etc.

Anyway, I wonder when they'll announce it coming to X1? I think we can all agree that Lococycle is pretty much a lock for the first GwG on X1.

I'm not sure. I bet we see a lot of indie titles.

MrDaravon

Wow, Sleeping Dogs is the first actually good game they've done that isn't 5 years old and/or total bargain bin status. Actually impressed, and I will check it out.

Tomb Raider is also surprisingly good and I recommend it.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Better. Both are games that were free on PS Plus a year ago, but nevertheless great games are great games. Hopefully in time the service will truly begin to match PS Plus.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
That's cool about keeping them forever. I would guess MS crunched the numbers and figured that these offerings are not a significant factor leading people to subscribe to Live, since online play is the much bigger carrot for consumers. Therefore they have little to lose by letting people keep them and it's a favorable bullet point in comparison to the Plus service. Sony on the other hand, before PS4, needed a solid reason for people to pay for Plus.

Z_Y

Play Sleeping Dogs, people. Seriously one of my favorites of this past gen.

I need to play the DLC. And I am oddly compelled to play through the PS3 version as well ever since it showed up on PS+.

Top Bottom