• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe rated for Xbox One

jbug617

Banned
I searched and didn't find anything about this
BcyEo8LCEAE4A1z.jpg

In July the company said that it's a possibility of it coming to Xbox One after the self publishing talk so I guess it's happening.

thanks to Lifelower for finding it.

https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/417854704316452864

edit: Here is also the PEGI search
http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=Warframe

Possum

Not surprising. I would expect at some point the Xbox One will have most, if not all, of the digital-only third-party titles that PS4 has.

PirateKing

Sooo how do you use powers on the Xbone controller? PS4 controller's with the touch pad mapped everything in perfectly.

Gaz_RB

Great game, put in like 50 hours on PS4 so far. Probably my favorite F2P game.

As for the XB1 finally getting it, I think this is pretty expected. Hopefully both consoles will be able to build up the f2p library that the PS4 has already began. It definitely adds value to the console, and will be nice during the dry periods that we see early on in the generation.

Sooo how do you use powers on the Xbone controller? PS4 controller's with the touch pad mapped everything in perfectly.

Kinect!

Right?

Now we'll have 3 OTs!

But no, for real. This game is pretty good once you understand what's going on. They update it pretty often and it's insane how different it was just maybe a year or so ago (when I was not so much a fan of it). Hopefully they can keep the updates relatively consistent between all 3 SKUs.

You can play it on PC with an Xbox controller just fine.

Minions

Not surprising. I would expect at some point the Xbox One will have most, if not all, of the digital-only third-party titles that PS4 has.

Sony turned a least 2 or 3 of the devs into first party devs that otherwise would have been multiplatfom. I know Everybody's gone to rapture, and Rime are. Also it seems Shadow of the beast is as well.

Wizman23

Banned
Nice. I expect Diablo 3 to be next, much like how the 360 version of Diablo 3 was hidden for awhile when first announced

Minions

Those are being published, and presumably funded, by SCE.

They are NOW, they were not originally.... I know for a fact Everybody's gone to rapture was going to come out on PC which was canceled.... since Sony made a deal I guess. It now says that SCE Santa Monica is assisting the development of the game.

edit-
As of March 2012, the company is working on Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.Initially developed on PC, the team was afraid to not receive enough funding from fans. They instead partnered with Sony Computer Entertainment's Santa Monica Studio to produce the game. It was re-revealed at gamescom 2013 during Sony's conference as a PlayStation 4 exclusive. However, the team doesn't say no to a PC release.

ReaperXL7

Glad to see the game get more exposure. I just hope this does not effect cross platform being enabled between the PS4+PC version, we know MS does not play well with cross platform multiplayer (pretty sure I read this being the reason FFXIV:ARR was not coming to Xbone) but I could see it doing so with Xbone ID requiring parity in features.

You kinda need a PhD in Warframe to really get into it, But if you're willing to put in the time it's well worth it. Very awesome game.

I downloaded black light and didn't like that and with the early crashing issues I didn't DL Warframe because I didn't want to risk a bricking. I'd imagine it's cleared up since.

HORRORSHØW

Great game. Definitely my most-played game on the PS4 (which speaks volumes about PS4's lack of compelling launch titles). Word of advice: consult the wiki at every turn.

The End

Glad to see the game get more exposure. I just hope this does not effect cross platform being enabled between the PS4+PC version, we know MS does not play well with cross platform multiplayer (pretty sure I read this being the reason FFXIV:ARR was not coming to Xbone) but I could see it doing so with Xbone ID requiring parity in features.

Well, at this point cross-platform play is still hypothetical as PS4 is just getting update 11 and PC is at 11.55

If anything, this is just another version that'll be held up in approval and always be out of sync

I've got ~200 hours or so on the PC version, and really, they need to stop listening to the PC master race folks and stop releasing updates until the PS4 version is in sync.

PirateKing

I still have not played this. Any good? I've heard meh things from my buddies.

The game has a lot of issues. It can get very laggy, glitchy, grindy, repetitive after a certain amount of time. But the biggest problem with the game is the limitation of everything basically. Warframes have two slots free, weapons have eight (?) slots free. The game wants you to spend real money or spend so much time grinding and trading with other players for Platinum which are in games' second currency.

Let me give you an example, if you have two Waframes crafted, you can't craft another one unless you sell one of your Warframes or buy a Warframe with Platinum which you can purchase with real money, however if you do, you'll get an extra slot and a reactor. The same applies to weapons. I don't mind spending money, in fact I supported them but the problem is it's too expensive for the options available.

Another problem the game has, it's very confusing for beginners to get into. It isn't just shoot and kill. The game has an RPG like element which you have to do Maths (of course there are Wikis out there) in order to get your damage up. It isn't an issue if for the fact some of the Mods have a rare drop and in order to get these rare Mods you have to be strong enough to clear certain missions or defend the objectives. Sometimes even if you get the Mod you want, if the Host quits, random disconnecting from game or any other problem, you'll loose the Mod which gets very very very very annoying since you need to be pretty strong before you go to higher level planets and the fact Mods drop randomly. I'm a Shotgun user and I still have yet to get any Mod apart from one Damage Mod that does anything good and I've been playing it for more than 40hrs+. You're off better with Rifles until you get other Mods but you could always be lucky since the Mods are random in certain missions.

Outside of the game, it gives you a variety enemies and planets. But overall, it's a very fun game especially with friends.

tl;dr: The game has a lot of issues but it's still very fun.

Pro tip: Try to get the Warframe ''Rhino'' if you like to rush in and be a tank.

Pain

Banned
It's a fun game. I'm personally not willing to put the time into it. I get why some like it though.

Hyun Sai

By the way, you have 50 platinum when you create an account, so you can buy 2 more slots for warframes.

4 slots is enough for the beginner, so this is not really an issue.

Wiki / Official forums is a necessity though.

Nags

Banned
You use LB on the PC. Pick the power with the DPAD.

Touchpad control on DS4 is just so much better. Don't have to juggle with a button press combination in the heat of battle.

Just flick it and kill it.
The Dual Shock 4 is really the best input method for this game. It's a no-brainer.

sangreal

I hate using the touchpad in warframe ps4. Then again I'm terrible at the game and I have no idea what I'm doing so that might have something to do with it

ReaperXL7

Will PS4 , PC and Xbone players be able to play each other?

They were supposed to enable PS4+PC cross multiplayer once they got caught up in patching the PS4 version to match PC. If that were still the case I can see it being dropped since microsoft does not allow cross platform play, and they wont be happy if the PS4 version has an advantage like that.

I think I also recall rumors (grain of salt obviously) that the reason why TESO did not have cross platform was because of MS aswell. I dont know if that was ever confirmed, but it would not surprise me as thats been common for MS with allot of games FFXIV being one of them.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
The game has a lot of issues. It can get very laggy, glitchy, grindy, repetitive after a certain amount of time. But the biggest problem with the game is the limitation of everything basically. Warframes have two slots free, weapons have eight (?) slots free. The game wants you to spend real money or spend so much time grinding and trading with other players for Platinum which are in games' second currency.

Let me give you an example, if you have two Waframes crafted, you can't craft another one unless you sell one of your Warframes or buy a Warframe with Platinum which you can purchase with real money, however if you do, you'll get an extra slot and a reactor. The same applies to weapons. I don't mind spending money, in fact I supported them but the problem is it's too expensive for the options available. 0

tl;dr: The game has a lot of issues but it's still very fun.

Pro tip: Try to get the Warframe ''Rhino'' if you like to rush in and be a tank.

You can buy warframe slots and they're pretty cheap...

RedAssedApe

Banned
So its not a game where I can just jump into it with three other friends for quick co-op play sessions and casually progress in the game?

Keep reading "wiki/forums is a necessity". I hate games where you have to consult a wiki/forums to figure out how to do stuff or risk setting yourself up for having to go back and redo stuff and waste a ton of hours. :\

Sounds grind-y but I guess that is sort of par the norm for F2P.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Easily, the game's graphics are like Dynasty Warriors, but without that many enemies on screen.

The port is also horribly optimised tho, void missions often slow to sup 20 fps... so unless they optimise the fuck out of it, expect the Xbone's version to run at 720pl.

It really blows because the earlier missions run at a silky smooth 60fps lol.

Top Bottom