• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 1.60 released. Pulse headset support, mute camera, stability

gcubed

Hmmm... I wonder if these new headsets will be better then the pulse elites. Have the elites been on clearance recently?

Those "general stability" improvements excite me the most. Being able to launch the store after playing BF4 and not waiting forever for What's New and game info to load will be nice updates hopefully.

BibiMaghoo

Agreed. The battery life is pants.

Edit. The ability to remove the play room from the xmb would be nice too considering I dont have a camera.

My guess? Once they've sold enough cameras, magically we will be able to disable the light bar and remove playroom.

I'm fairly sure you can already remove the game. Just go to your storage management and delete it. Re-download from store if needed again.

m@cross

I am going to open a class action lawsuit to get 7 cents a year for the power the LED is consuming... my neighborhood has brown outs every time I turn it on!

Caayn

Actually Shu said on Twitter that he thought a dimming feature would be welcome. I don't think they can disable it altogether because of functionality promises they've made to devs.
I'm sure that they can implement a check whether the user has manually turned off the LED. Just like games can check if you've got a camera plugged in.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
When is the 3D blu ray, DLNA, MP3, and playing media files off of the USB support coming?

I still find it sad and pathetic that the PS4 is NOT at feature parity with the PS3.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Hopefully there's some more substantial stuff in the update they just aren't telling us about. Though at the same time they have a history of small updates before a bigger one.

IvorB

This is awesome news. The camera mic thing was really starting to freak me out. I thought plugging the headset into the controller would do the trick but I am not so sure. Good to know I can set my mind at rest.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Nice - I just got mine over the weekend and was a bit frustrated with Pulse not working out of the box. It's like Sony preempting my complaints on this one :p

m@cross

Interesting that the update adds support for Pulse and Pulse Elite, but the announced audio app does not list the Pulse, just the pulse elite.

The Gold Wireless Headset and the PULSE – Elite Edition are compatible with the free Headset Companion App, which hits PlayStation Store in February. The app allows you to download developer-created game modes that are specifically tuned to enhance a game’s audio. Kicking off the custom sound modes will be Sucker Punch, who’s developing a mode for their highly anticipated PS4 exclusive inFAMOUS Second Son. In addition to these custom game modes, the app also offers a variety of preset audio modes for games, music and movies, as well as a tool to create your own custom EQ mode.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...t-gold-wireless-headset-out-soon/?sf1681108=1

kriskrosbbk

A guy bought Driveclub .Lucky him.
lightbox

Edit:Flickr images dont work. But on the app is written that a guy bought DC.Want to be in his pants really.

IvorB

When is the 3D blu ray, DLNA, MP3, and playing media files off of the USB support coming?

I still find it sad and pathetic that the PS4 is NOT at feature parity with the PS3.

It's pretty bad isn't it. The thing is since I got my PS4 I've been watching loads of 3D blu-rays just to rub it in. They really need to get cracking on all this stuff.

EL CUCO

Yay. Next features I care about after this would be suspend/resume and 3D bluray playback.

Almost there! :D

anddo0

This is awesome news. The camera mic thing was really starting to freak me out. I thought plugging the headset into the controller would do the trick but I am not so sure. Good to know I can set my mind at rest.

It does act as a mute.I plug in the mic all the time to stop the camera from picking up sound. I'm happy this feature is in.

I finally get to use my Pulse Elite! I would love to get the new headset, but I have two Elites (one partially broken, and another once used)

KeRaSh

Sweet! Apparently the new headset launches on the 10th for 90€. I'll definitely get one as soon as it comes out!

PaulLFC

That headset actually sounds pretty good. Am I right in thinking the only thing it's missing compared to the Elite is the bass feature?

Can they get Bluetooth headsets working already or are they going to try and force people to buy an "official" Bluetooth headset and force people to use one they make.

foxdvd

Can they get Bluetooth headsets working already or are they going to try and force people to buy an "official" Bluetooth headset and force people to use one they make.

from a thread at turtlebeach, I don't think they plan on ever allowing bluetooth support for older headsets...

Cragvis

YES Finally.

Now I can stream without the annoying background sounds that the camera picks up, and can use the mic on my headset as it should always have been used.

Cheech

Um, there ARE plans to support BT headsets, aren't there? I don't want to wear those big ass cans on my head to play games. Just a simple ear piece. Ridiculous it's not there yet.

Pillville

I really think it will be a year before PS4 (and XBONE) get the basic media features PS3/360 had. They are on the "Get it out the door" version of the OS.

My the time xmas 2014 comes around and they are pushing for holiday sales, I predict these features:
CDs
MP3s
MP4s
DLNA
3D bluray
resume/suspend games
folders (crazy high tech feature)
pause/resume/reorder downloads
dim-able controller lights
Youtube app
iOS: Remote Control / updated Music Unlimited apps
blutooth devices (headsets/keyboards/etc...)

in 10 months I'll revisit this post and see how incredible smart/dumb I am.

kriskrosbbk

Anyone with Steelseries Syberia V2 around here?When I plug the jack in my TV and the USB in the PS4 I get really low volume ,if I plug it in a PC USB everything is back to normal .Is it one of these compatibility issues ?

nullpoynter

Will they add paywall support? I would like netflix to be behind the wall where it is safe instead of outside it please.

Seriously, WTF? Why would you want Netflix behind a paywall? That has no impact on how secure or unsecure an app is.

todd360

Why is nothing being sold in merica? We don't have the official controller charger or the official console stand (just a best buy only one). They didn't annouce vita 2000 for us either. I really want this new headset o(`ω´ )o

Top Bottom