• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 1.60 released. Pulse headset support, mute camera, stability

CRA5H

The original PS3 Pulse headset doesn't have the mode selection button the Pulse Elite headset does which makes sense why it still isn't supported with the new headset companion app.

Will they add paywall support? I would like netflix to be behind the wall where it is safe instead of outside it please.

200_s.gif

Yesss...... Been waiting to use my stupid wireless headset since launch.

EDIT

I guess no DLNA support though? I remember that being talked about as an early January feature as well, but since there's no mention of it I'm going to assume it didn't make it into this update. Not as big a deal, as I have a million devices that can stream stuff, but I imagine a lot of PS4 only people might be kinda pissed.

IvorB

It does act as a mute.I plug in the mic all the time to stop the camera from picking up sound. I'm happy this feature is in.

I finally get to use my Pulse Elite! I would love to get the new headset, but I have two Elites (one partially broken, and another once used)

Oh it does? I've been doing this now every time I play multi-player but reading online there is so much conflicting info that I was just getting really paranoid. It's got to the stage of telling friends: okay, the camera may or may not be broadcasting everything we say to everyone so just bear that in mind. I'll be glad to finally settle this.

a916

Um, there ARE plans to support BT headsets, aren't there? I don't want to wear those big ass cans on my head to play games. Just a simple ear piece. Ridiculous it's not there yet.

"Existing wireless headsets from third-party companies that use a Bluetooth connection will not be supported on the PS4 system" - PS4 FAQ.

Though on that same page they said they have bluetooth headsets for the PS4 coming.

Just a mock image they use :p

Ah sorry didn't look too deep in to it, I was assuming this was something a normal user had posted, not a blog shot.

Where is Rushy when you need him for some DC info?

"Existing wireless headsets from third-party companies that use a Bluetooth connection will not be supported on the PS4 system" - PS4 FAQ.

Though on that same page they said they have bluetooth headsets for the PS4 coming.

Well they say 'third party' Sony released 2 mono bluetooth headsets for the PS3 so they may be implying that support for those is coming but not others.

Um, there ARE plans to support BT headsets, aren't there? I don't want to wear those big ass cans on my head to play games. Just a simple ear piece. Ridiculous it's not there yet.

Yeah this is ridiculous. Why do I feel like I'm in the minority on this one. I have an expensive surround sound system I'm not going to wear headphones

Melchiah

Finally! Just in time for wednesday's horror evening with Outlast. It's a good thing, the new app will also be compatible with the old headsets.

Yeah this is ridiculous. Why do I feel like I'm in the minority on this one. I have an expensive surround sound system I'm not going to wear headphones
When you don't want to disturb others a good pair of cans is the best option and these Pulse are great quality for the money. Unless you live alone and not in apartment ( or you're a complete dick ) you don't want to use the sound system at late night for example. Other people just feel more immersed with headsets. It's a matter of preference and/or context.

Do you have no real life friends to play and talk with? Headsets are nice for that.

I do. That's exactly why I just want a mic. Like I used to use on the 360 or the ps3. Just a normal Bluetooth headset that takes up one ear. Not giant headphones that I have to also push game audio through or not hear anything because it blocks out all noise
item_L_491865_518091.jpg

Gskyace

Wireless Stereo Headset
PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset
Gold Wireless Stereo Headset/Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0

What's next? Platinum ?Pulse pulse? :D

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
So when are they going to add "friend is online" notification?

I do. That's exactly why I just want a mic. Like I used to use on the 360 or the ps3. Just a normal Bluetooth headset that takes up one ear. Not giant headphones that I have to also push game audio through or not hear anything because it blocks out all noise
item_L_491865_518091.jpg

Agreed! I want to be able to use the Sony Bluetooth that came with SOCOM Confrontation. I have my own surround sound system, and if I recall on PS3, the PS Wireless Stereo Headset when in use would automatically turn off game audio from other outputs. I don't want that, I just want a bluetooth mic to chat with friends while using my own surround sound system on my next/current-gen systems :)

Top Bottom