• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 1.60 released. Pulse headset support, mute camera, stability

Was hoping they'd have sorted out the web browser, so that we can watch videos on Youtube without having to resort to the shitty TV version that's a complete pain in the arse to navigate. Bogus Sony, BOGUS!

OneUh8

Going to wait and see with a comparison to the Pulse Elites. I will chose whatever is better. Been wanting to get a Pulse, but have been holding out thinking they will come out with a new headset.

The suspend and resume features is going to the be the ps4's clock fix :)

It'll blow in their face if they don't have those features ready by E32014 (or so I would believe). This generation's "clock fix" is the real name character limit. It'll be months (perhaps years) before they address it, I think.

Drame

Anyone with Steelseries Syberia V2 around here?When I plug the jack in my TV and the USB in the PS4 I get really low volume ,if I plug it in a PC USB everything is back to normal .Is it one of these compatibility issues ?
My Siberia V2 USB's have worked just fine on my ps4. I plug my cans straight to the ps4 itself by usb and the volume have been just fine. Are you using the Siberia usb-soundcard by any chance? And remember to check the in-line remote for volume control. Try using only the usb connection and let the ps4 throttle the audio. They should work just fine.

The new headset looks pretty nice and the battery life is greatly improved and the pricing isn't half bad. Will definitely consider these if the quality holds up.

TarheelBlazer

Neo Member
I don't understand how Sony and make a $99 headset (good price by the way) and justify the PS Vita memory card prices. They seem to be hitting it out the park with the pricing of other products but refuse to give in there. Done with my rant. Ya new headset!

Jburton

Banned
Would be nice if true, but that's a short timeframe in between firmware updates. Not that I don't mind, it just seems odd they'd place them so close together.

I wonder if Sony will launch another update in March around the time Microsoft releases their large update.

They are constantly working on features, not working on a set and then starting on others .......... depends where features are at in terms of maturity and stability.

IvorB

Yeah this is ridiculous. Why do I feel like I'm in the minority on this one. I have an expensive surround sound system I'm not going to wear headphones

I'm with you, mate. I just want a wireless headset for comms. That is all. Full REAL surround sound is how these games are meant to be experienced.

Oh well. The out-of-the-box headset is sh*tty but it does the job I guess.

CozMick

Banned
My pulse headset is gonna be so pleased, just in time for Outlast too, thank you based sony.

Will the pulse headset support the presets in the ps4 app?

For everybody thinking the US wasn't getting dem Gold, rest assured.

Take that $99 USD blood money you were gonna use to spring your uncle out of jail from beneath your soiled mattress and donate it to your local retailers for a pair!

I'm assuming/hoping that "early this month" will match the Feb 10th release date.

I really like the design of these. Will buy. Even if the sound is just okay, for 99 bucks it seems like a serviceable way to game at night.

JohngPR

I hope Stability = I can now view all my screenshots without the screenshot section crashing and sending me back to the main OS screen.

It's nice that this update brings support for my Pulse headset but I really hope they fixed the Share bug with this firmware as well.

Carl

This. It's really annoying to have to switch back to PS3 just so that I can enjoy my 5.1 setup! Sony needs to fix the Netflix bug.

I'm not saying they don't need to fix it, but what does that have to do with firmware updates? The app just needs to be updated, and it's probably being worked on.

MP3, DLNA, suspend/resume, 15min record bug fix. where are you?

"Existing wireless headsets from third-party companies that use a Bluetooth connection will not be supported on the PS4 system" - PS4 FAQ.

Though on that same page they said they have bluetooth headsets for the PS4 coming.

are we sure this means all bluetooth connections and not just game audio headsets? hopefully bluetooth mics will work. if not, then wtf Sony?

I do. That's exactly why I just want a mic. Like I used to use on the 360 or the ps3. Just a normal Bluetooth headset that takes up one ear. Not giant headphones that I have to also push game audio through or not hear anything because it blocks out all noise
item_L_491865_518091.jpg

exactly, I don't use big headsets either and want a lightweight mono mic that allows me to use my speakers. does Sony simply lock out 3rd party bluetooth mics from working?

I wonder if that means there's a "platinum" headset coming too? I assume they'll want something to occupy the $150 price slot that the pulse elite is in.

Top Bottom