• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 1.60 released. Pulse headset support, mute camera, stability

Elginer

I just wish they would re-enable twitch PS4 archiving.

That would be excellent. Will this update allow me to use my Skullcandy wireless Plyrs? If not I'll just keep using the Skullcandy Assassin's Creed set I bought with input in the controller but I feel that sucks my DS4's battery even more.

I kind of wish I didn't get the Pulse Elites and purchased this new set. The Pulse Elites is probably the most uncomfortable headset i've ever owned.

It's great i'll be able to use them on the PS4 finally.

That's it? FUCK. What the F are y'all doing over there at Sony. I know you guys care about making money but how about giving your loyal customer base some functions that you have been touting since the Feb reveal? Where is my sleep function?

Where IS THE ABILITY TO PLAY MP3's SONY wtf are you guys doing. This seriously cannot take more than a week to implement or something. I know I'm overreacting but this shit is just ridiculous. My 6 year old TV is a better goddamn mediaplayer than my PS4 is. It's pretty fucking sad really.

We shall anxiously await the next firmware update -_-. Damn you Sony I sold my PS3 months ago to make way for my PS4. Give me some damn basic functions sjeesh.
I'm sure they're working on these in the order of importance. I would be more upset if the PS4 wasn't released yet because they were working on these features still (but that's just me). I can't wait for the sleep function myself though.

kmg90

I'll wait for the official release notes for the update as to what is being added/fixed/changed....

I'm crossing my fingers for application suspending in Standby mode (Did you know the PS4 already has the ability to suspend an application but it only is done when using video apps or trimming videos)

Wonder if Eric Lempell is also the PS4's update firmware guy

gcubed

I'll wait for the official release notes for the update as to what is being added/fixed/changed....

I'm crossing my fingers for application suspending in Standby mode (Did you know the PS4 already has the ability to suspend an application but it only is done when using video apps or trimming videos)

Wonder if Eric Lempell is also the PS4's update firmware guy

I highly doubt suspend resume would go unannounced, it'll be a major update

kmg90

I highly doubt suspend resume would go unannounced, it'll be a major update

Well they only have announced the update is coming along with the official announcment of the new headset...

I want to believe that they will post more details on what the update does (including somethings that were part of the announcement) later today/tomorrow

gcubed

Well they only have announced the update is coming along with the official announcment of the new headset...

I want to believe that they will post more details on what the update does (including somethings that were part of the announcement) later today/tomorrow

That's this, no?

#PS4 firmware update tomorrow (v1.60) bringing Pulse Headset support, general stability improvements and ability to mute camera.

You'll be disappointed if you think there is more

Oh... ok...

- Allow USB Disks and allow video/pictures to be viewable from them
- Allow folder creation for organization on the main XMB
- Enable Themes and Background picture!
- 3D Bluray support
- DLNA and MP3 support
- Media/pictures should be viewable from Main XMB (like PS3)
- Make the PS3 Bluetooth remote functional
- add the blue (ONLINE) dot to friends messages as well
- if there is a notification for a friend invite or a message, it should go away when accepted or read (sometimes it alerts you again)
- About me should allow for more characters
- Youtube app
- can't view a friends Screen-Share from the screen-share menu or from their profile menu (should have a red On Air dot in their profile that allows you to click on it)
- messages should be like PS3 (where the notification shows the message or a part of it)
- Videos should be editable without having to share it (to save space)
- Option to show friend LOGIN notification and option to display just real-life friend logins
- viewing a Profile the left side menu options: activity, trophies, about me (Dont do anything, they should go into the designated area when pressed)
- have an icon for PS3 users on your PS4 friendslist
- when viewing a friends profile and pressing Message, it takes you to a new message screen instead of opening your existing chat
- adjust dualshock light settings
- Elite pulse headsets compatibility
- Bluetooth headset support
- Option to resize the XMB UI Tiles
- leave wall comments on friends profiles
- more Profile customization
- Friendslist grouping (ex. GAF Group, School friends, Coworkers ect.)
- Suspend Resume
- System crashes when cycling through photo's
- pause/resume/reorder downloads
- real time updating/posting of trophies

Yay? This is going to take a while

Pillville

Oh... ok...

- DLNA and MP3 support
- if there is a notification for a friend invite or a message, it should go away when accepted or read (sometimes it alerts you again)
- Youtube app
- can't view a friends Screen-Share from the screen-share menu or from their profile menu (should have a red On Air dot in their profile that allows you to click on it)
- messages should be like PS3 (where the notification shows the message or a part of it)
- Option to show friend LOGIN notification and option to display just real-life friend logins
- viewing a Profile the left side menu options: activity, trophies, about me (Dont do anything, they should go into the designated area when pressed)
- when viewing a friends profile and pressing Message, it takes you to a new message screen instead of opening your existing chat
- Suspend Resume

- PSN username change (never going to happen)

out tonight or tomorrow?

aywd.png

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Oh... ok...

- 3D Bluray support
- DLNA and MP3 support
- Youtube app
- Suspend Resume

I also want the option for my TV/speakers to continue outputting chat audio even when I have a headset plugged in. Sometimes I've got a friend over and it's fun to hear what someone else is saying. Right now the only options for headphones/headsets is "Output voice audio" and "Output all audio" with no option to disable outputting audio to the headset entirely.

hEist

Dear Sony,
i would like to buy the headset... what about more freaking information (links to shops) in .eu... god damn.

Milennia

Theres a ton I'm still waiting for, but stability updates are always nice, it has been a little slow to start up and get online for me as of late.
The other things added in this patch don't really affect me.

Hopefully the next one can take some more stuff off the list, such as suspend/resume and custom soundtracks/mp3 support, etc.
Although the mp3 support and soundtracks are still a minor thing for me, i know they aren't for others.

That suspend/resume though... Man do i need that.
However anything that will make my PS4 log me in and get me online faster is always great, as sometimes, it doesn't even log me in, just keeps showing the spinning loading indicator by my friends list and whats new etc.
Hopefully stability updates will fix that for me overtime, as well as get me on faster (which is the main deal here, as the spinning indicator thing doesn't happen much, but what does happen a bit, is slowly getting online).

Teknoman

Will Sony ever update the PS3 firmware to show PS4 friends online/what they are playing. Just seems strange that Vita shows all PSN statuses while PS3 excludes PS4.

While I agree with others that this is light on features and the PS4 OS is really missing a lot of them surely you guys know that system stability takes a big priority over features right?

Get a stable base first then look to heavily adding features.

viveks86

Oh... ok...

- 3D Bluray support
- DLNA and MP3 support
- Youtube app
- Suspend Resume

Haha! Does suck when you put it like that. :D

I hope there is another big update around the Japanese launch!

DrkSage

Yyyeeessssss! Man finally! I bought the pulse headset last year and that same day when I got home my ps3 died. I was only able to use it for like an hour when it happened, so I put it back in its box and waited to get the ps4, I went a full year without gaming but now I can finally take then out of the box! (Again)

andycapps

Oh... ok...

- 3D Bluray support
- DLNA and MP3 support
- Youtube app
- Suspend Resume

Wait and see what the stealth fixes are. Sony tends do fix a lot of things and not put them in the change logs, from past experience on PS3 anyway.

Bradf50

Not going to lie, I'm a little underwhelmed as I was expecting more than a microphone mute function and official headset support. Don't get me wrong I welcome this update with open arms. As I don't have a sony headset, I would like to have bluetooth accessory support such as headsets, remotes etc. I was expecting that to come with this firmware update, but it looks like they are only supporting official headsets only which f***ing sucks. I loved how with the ps3 I could pick up any old bluetooth headset and pair it up. Who knows they could listen and implement it so I won't give up on them just yet. Does anyone know the size of their OS team? Just makes me wonder as the amount they have added for 1.6 is quite small. Unless I'm being a stupid fool and don't realise the amount it takes to programme these functions into the PS4 OS. Or maybe I'm impatient. Lol

EDIT: Don't get me wrong I'd like them to get the OS foundations/functions stable first so maybe thats what they're doing.

Anyway here's to the next update! :)

viveks86

Wait and see what the stealth fixes are. Sony tends do fix a lot of things and not put them in the change logs, from past experience on PS3 anyway.

That's a good point. It doesn't make sense to jump from .5 to .6 for headset support and stability fixes. Fingers crossed!

Elios83

I hope there are more interesting stealth features in it.
Don't care about headsets, camera and the console is already stable enough :p

I'm still one salty mother fucker about the fact the PS Camera couldn't be muted. Such a stupid and ridiculous oversight. Stoked that it can be fixed now at least!

Oppo

Also where is my printer support

(I do think there will be another big update around the Japanese launch. Makes sense.)

andycapps

That's a good point. It doesn't make sense to jump from .5 to .6 for headset support and stability fixes. Fingers crossed!

I don't think the naming convention works how you think it does. We don't know how they develop new features, what their priorities are, why they'd wait this long and then have another rumored update in a few weeks. I wouldn't expect more than fixes than what they've said, I'm just saying to wait and see if there are any stealth fixes. I would expect this one to be a smaller update than the one prior to the Japanese launch.

viveks86

I don't think the naming convention works how you think it does. We don't know how they develop new features, what their priorities are, why they'd wait this long and then have another rumored update in a few weeks. I wouldn't expect more than fixes than what they've said, I'm just saying to wait and see if there are any stealth fixes. I would expect this one to be a smaller update than the one prior to the Japanese launch.

I agree. I guess I should have prefaced it with "this is pure speculation based on wishful thinking" :)

antibolo

Banned
So what new feature does the the Gold headset have? Aesthetics aside, it doesn't seem like it offers anything new over the Pulse Elite. Wished their blog post was more informative. They should do a side-to-side feature grid of the 3 models or something.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Is the pulse headset worth it?

-griffy-

Banned
So what new feature does the the Gold headset have? Aesthetics aside, it doesn't seem like it offers anything new over the Pulse Elite. Wished their blog post was more informative. They should do a side-to-side feature grid of the 3 models or something.

It's not adding new features, it's just a new headset designed for PS4. It's essentially the same as the Pulse Elite, only it doesn't have bass impact. And the MSRP is $99 instead of $149. It's more or less taking the place of the Stereo Headset actually.

Top Bottom