• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 1.60 released. Pulse headset support, mute camera, stability

Oppo

When a trophy pops up is there a button I can push that goes straight to that trophy and tells me what it was?

I found a hacky way to do this. If you navigate to the trophy list while in-game, you can then double-tap PS button to toggle between the trophy list and game again.

When a trophy pops up is there a button I can push that goes straight to that trophy and tells me what it was?
Why would you dedicate an entire button on a control scheme just to do that? You can't make it context sensitive either, imagine you're half way through beating a boss when a trophy pops and the button you use to cast a spell suddenly takes you to the trophy screen.

omonimo

Banned
Wait to see if hdmi finally will work on my 2 tv monitor. lol ps3 slimmer has never supported both, I'm so invisible for sony :(

RedAssedApe

Banned
Why would you dedicate an entire button on a control scheme just to do that?

contextual i'm assuming. i think xbone ui might do something like this?

i forget...in the ps4 dmb...if you go look under notifications and there is a trophy notification does it take you directly there?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Can I finally use a headset (voice) + headphones? I want the voices coming out of my headphones while still having a mic plugged in, without the need to put the earpiece in.

gruenel

Why would you dedicate an entire button on a control scheme just to do that? You can't make it context sensitive either, imagine you're half way through beating a boss when a trophy pops and the buttonm you use to cast a spell suddenly takes you to the trophy screen.

PS button?

Arnie

After the update will this headset be usable on PS4?

shopping

Why would you dedicate an entire button on a control scheme just to do that? You can't make it context sensitive either, imagine you're half way through beating a boss when a trophy pops and the button you use to cast a spell suddenly takes you to the trophy screen.
I don't know if you've ever played anything on an Xbox 360 but it had an elegant solution. If you pressed the guide button as soon as an achievement popped up, it would take you straight to that achievement with a description and how many points it was. If you pressed the guide button any other time, it would bring up the 360 guide.

I don't see any reason they couldn't do the same thing with the PS button.

I found a hacky way to do this. If you navigate to the trophy list while in-game, you can then double-tap PS button to toggle between the trophy list and game again.
That's clever, but don't you still have to hunt for the trophy? Or do the most recent ones pop to the top or something?

That would make a bit more sense. Still, that would very much be a 'nice to have' rather than something to complain about.
I didn't realize I was complaining, I was just asking a question. Jeez louise!

Pimpwerx

For the trophies thing, that should actually be a general function to snap to notification. Whatever new notification comes in, tapping the PS button should take you to it. PEACE.

The mute Camera will be nice. I am hoping there is an option to mute by default then playing video services or Blurays. I was watching Captain Phillips Saturday night and it must of prompted 3-4 times during the movie. I am thinking to myself "it didn't say Playstation."

I really want back ground color change too. I want a green background instead of blue.

That would make a bit more sense. Still, that would very much be a 'nice to have' rather than something to complain about.
Basically the PS4 needs to copy everything the 360 did right. In the case of system messages you could always hit the Xbox button to get more information about the latest notification. That's really how it should be, and for all notifications, not just trophies.

The 360 also handled music playback well - including streaming from a PC while playing games (except for no FF or Rewind).

Last bit, on the Xbox you could mark yourself as "offline". Until the PS4 notification system gets an overhaul I'd like to have that option at least. Man, notifications need a LOT of work.

That said, this update is a good thing for those who have waited all this time for headset support that was expected at launch. So that's positive.

SpokkX

So wait..

With the new Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0

I will need to use an usb adapter on ps4?!!?

No? Cant be right??

see5harp

Basically the PS4 needs to copy everything the 360 did right. In the case of system messages you could always hit the Xbox button to get more information about the latest notification. That's really how it should be, and for all notifications, not just trophies.

The 360 also handled music playback well - including streaming from a PC while playing games (except for no FF or Rewind).

Last bit, on the Xbox you could mark yourself as "offline". Until the PS4 notification system gets an overhaul I'd like to have that option at least. Man, notifications need a LOT of work.

That said, this update is a good thing for those who have waited all this time for headset support that was expected at launch. So that's positive.

Notifications and the guide button to respond features for both consoles absolutely sucks right now. It's like MS forgot why their strongest supporters last gen liked the UI and Sony just up and forget why their UI was so annoying.

I have noticed that pressing the guide button after you get a party invite will actually take you directly there. So obviously they understand how it's supposed to work. Why all messages and notifications don't work like that is infuriating.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yay, I can't wait to finally use my headset again! It should have been a launch thing, but whatever. Finally!

And this plugged into the front of the ps4? Making the console "deeper"?

I can just about fit the ps4 right now behind my doors in my bench...

I would be cool if it was super small(like almost as small as a wireless mouse receiver), and not even extend out.

I love my 5.1 system and BF4 on loud at all times, but my roomate/neighbors sure as hell don't. They thank Sony for finally releasing this update.

Knoxcore

Oh... ok...

- Allow USB Disks and allow video/pictures to be viewable from them
- Allow folder creation for organization on the main XMB
- Enable Themes and Background picture!
- 3D Bluray support
- DLNA and MP3 support
- Media/pictures should be viewable from Main XMB (like PS3)
- Make the PS3 Bluetooth remote functional
- add the blue (ONLINE) dot to friends messages as well
- if there is a notification for a friend invite or a message, it should go away when accepted or read (sometimes it alerts you again)
- About me should allow for more characters
- Youtube app
- can't view a friends Screen-Share from the screen-share menu or from their profile menu (should have a red On Air dot in their profile that allows you to click on it)
- messages should be like PS3 (where the notification shows the message or a part of it)
- Videos should be editable without having to share it (to save space)
- Option to show friend LOGIN notification and option to display just real-life friend logins
- viewing a Profile the left side menu options: activity, trophies, about me (Dont do anything, they should go into the designated area when pressed)
- have an icon for PS3 users on your PS4 friendslist
- when viewing a friends profile and pressing Message, it takes you to a new message screen instead of opening your existing chat
- adjust dualshock light settings
- Elite pulse headsets compatibility
- Bluetooth headset support
- Option to resize the XMB UI Tiles
- leave wall comments on friends profiles
- more Profile customization
- Friendslist grouping (ex. GAF Group, School friends, Coworkers ect.)
- Suspend Resume
- System crashes when cycling through photo's
- pause/resume/reorder downloads
- real time updating/posting of trophies

Yay? This is going to take a while

If that's all this update contains then it will be a long road to perfection.

Ellite25

So is the Pulse Elite headset going to have more features than this new headset? So better to go with the Pulse Elite?

Is anyone in the UK even offering the Wireless Headset 2.0 for preorder yet? I've been waiting on those things for an age!

Still, slow and steady Sony. At this rate we should have 3D Blu-Ray support by the time the PS5 rolls around. Maybe even MP3/CD support!

Quadratic

With the new patch. Has anyone encountered less crashing while using Crunchyroll or the Netflix apps? Sometimes they would just freeze up and I would need to do a hard system reboot to get things working again.

Those instances would occur if I was streaming for a few hours. Then the app would become really sluggish then unresponsive.

Darknight

Is anyone in the UK even offering the Wireless Headset 2.0 for preorder yet? I've been waiting on those things for an age!

Still, slow and steady Sony. At this rate we should have 3D Blu-Ray support by the time the PS5 rolls around. Maybe even MP3/CD support!

PS3 didnt have most features it has now withint its first few months either. Give it time.

Top Bottom