• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 1.60 released. Pulse headset support, mute camera, stability

Eusis

i'm maybe tempting fate but ive had mine over a year and no cracks. but then again i don't fling them around by the ear piece either , i'm always careful with me tech.

i have a wee tear on the padding though, i blame that on hair product use :/ ... wish the pads where replaceable
Wrong assumption to make! Many of those people have stated they were careful with them and they STILL started cracking. Unless they're all lying or exaggerating (we would have different standards for "careful") I imagine that either some head shapes/sizes are more stressful on those headphones, or that it is very VERY pick about how you grab them and take them off, I think a recommendation was to handle it by the circular parts above the ear pieces where the top of the crack would usually start.

At any rate I sort of consider the design of these partially an admission that the Pulse Elite design was fundamentally flawed.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Just in time for Outlast tomorrow.

Thanks Sony, you're gonna owe me some new underwear.

I'm still waiting on a blu-ray remote [and not that awful-looking third-party one], I don't like having a controller glowing blue while I'm watching a movie.
Simple fix, have the controller se to turn off after 15 minutes. No don't try and turn it off manually, let it turn off automatically.

Jack_AG

Banned
Wrong assumption to make! Many of those people have stated they were careful with them and they STILL started cracking. Unless they're all lying or exaggerating (we would have different standards for "careful") I imagine that either some head shapes/sizes are more stressful on those headphones, or that it is very VERY pick about how you grab them and take them off, I think a recommendation was to handle it by the circular parts above the ear pieces where the top of the crack would usually start.

At any rate I sort of consider the design of these partially an admission that the Pulse Elite design was fundamentally flawed.
You dont get it. If people just cut their fingernails this wouldn't happen. Completely the fault of the user.

LtOrange

I am praying the headset is comfortable with glasses. I have been wanting a wireless headset and this will be right in my price range.

Kuro

I foolishly bought them having already known about the cracking issues so I was extremely paranoid about the way I handled them. They still cracked. I'm beginning to think it has to do with temperature changes in my basement where I keep my entertainment stuff. It can go from warm when the heater is on to fairly cold when it starts cycling up again so maybe that affected the plastic I don't know. All I know is that the plastic they used for the headset has issues.

Metfanant

The Pulse Elites have a 90% chance of breaking on you after 3 months. Look it up. So many people with the same problem including me. I would not reccomend the Elites. Their plastic is so shoddy it cracked above the earcups after only 3 months of use and I made sure to open them at the very top to not put stress in those areas and it still happened.

yeahhhh...wasnt planning on picking up the Elites unless the consensus was that they are an absolute steal at $115...im heavily leaning towards this new headset though...i quite like the looks of them as well

Eusis

I foolishly bought them having already known about the cracking issues so I was extremely paranoid about the way I handled them. They still cracked. I'm beginning to think it has to do with temperature changes in my basement where I keep my entertainment stuff. It can go from warm when the heater is on to fairly cold when it starts cycling up again so maybe that affected the plastic I don't know. All I know is that the plastic they used for the headset has issues.
I had done similar myself (grabbing despite known issues), but a combination of that knowledge hanging over my head and the fact they were painfully uncomfortable meant I returned them after about a week. Probably for the best as that was about 4 months ago now, especially as these are hopefully more comfortable AND equal or better sounding.

Darknight

After the update will this headset be usable on PS4?

shopping

If I remember correctly, this came with a little stand and USB cord. So when you put it on the stand and hook it to PS3, it became a mic only. So your best use now is to use it as a USB mic only for the PS4? I havent tried it but it should be able to use it with the USB cord.

@PrintedCrayon: Oh I hear you man. I actually want the STABILITY patches since PS4 tends to freeze on Netflix and Live From PS. It locks the system up. I want that fixed and I want PS3's browser to be used (but flash is dead!!! :( ) or atleast update the HTML5 stuff on it. I want to stream videos from say Cruchy Roll without crashes or out of memory errors.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So the general consensus is that the bass impact thing isn't worth it given the faults of the build?

Bass impact is an interesting concept but it is a novelty. Besides certain genres of music (and this is even if you're looking to listen to music), bass impact is just annoying and ultimately a gimmick.

Ellite25

Bass impact is cool but it is a novelty. Besides certain genres of music (and this is even if you're looking to listen to music), bass impact is just annoying and ultimately a gimmick.
I'm tempted to buy the Elites just to check it out for myself and return them if I don't feel it's worth it to get the new headset.

Kugar77

If I remember correctly, this came with a little stand and USB cord. So when you put it on the stand and hook it to PS3, it became a mic only. So your best use now is to use it as a USB mic only for the PS4? I havent tried it but it should be able to use it with the USB cord.

@PrintedCrayon: Oh I hear you man. I actually want the STABILITY patches since PS4 tends to freeze on Netflix and Live From PS. It locks the system up. I want that fixed and I want PS3's browser to be used (but flash is dead!!! :( ) or atleast update the HTML5 stuff on it. I want to stream videos from say Cruchy Roll without crashes or out of memory errors.

These have got to be THE most uncomfortable headsets in the world, mine actually hurts when I put it on/ take it off

Few I would add to your list:

- Ability to sort order of main XMB content list alphabetically / by content type (instead of just most recently used)
- Pin active game and/or inserted game disc to leftmost edge of the XMB content list
- Ability to filter What's New section by All / Trophies / Shared Media / Notices (games played, people friended, etc.)
- Ability to sort & filter Library
- Under Media apps, put apps you have installed above the line, un-installed apps below
- Support for choosing avatars purchased on PS3

Nice list! I'll add it. I've been compyling that list since the launch...

I am not expecting everything to be addressed on that list (not at all) and I know a lot of it is just neat wishes. But I can't believe there has only been ONE fix off that entire list so far... shit. At least give us themes, I'm so sick of the blue.

I shouldn't have to buy a new headset. Sony should have made the Tritton AX720's compatible. I've been a mute for almost 3 months because the Trittons cannot be used to chat.

Atomsky

Banned
So they didn't include old headphone support because there is a whole new companion app coming for both PS3 and PS4.

Bitterness turned into sweetness. :D

Top Bottom