• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 1.60 released. Pulse headset support, mute camera, stability

NoTacos

Only crash I ever had on my PS4 was playing Prometheus blu-ray. Hopefully these stability fixes end blu-ray playback problems.
I haven't had a crash in a long while. At first it only came from accessing streaming applications like amazon instant. Had bluray really been crashing that much?

Comandr

Are the pulse elites really that good? Have been thinking of picking up a pair. What's the bass impact like?

Still no external media support it would seem. Annoying. Wonder if the stability improvements include fixing the share button

j-wood

Are the pulse elites really that good? Have been thinking of picking up a pair. What's the bass impact like?

Bass Impact is gimmicky but I really like it. It's fun.

The headset can get a tad uncomfortable after long periods of wear because the headband has almost no padding.

Sound quality is really good though and the mic is great. I like them alot.

CozMick

Banned

The headset can get a tad uncomfortable after long periods of wear because the headband has almost no padding.

I have the gtav headset and this guy speaks the truth, I would have replied word for word.

The sound quality is amazing for cans in this price range.

Derrick01

Banned
Hopefully they fixed the constant crashes I get when looking at screens in preview mode and the store + other social features not loading after the system's been on for a while. It's hard to enjoy the system when the few new features I like don't work.

Would be nice if true, but that's a short timeframe in between firmware updates. Not that I don't mind, it just seems odd they'd place them so close together.

I wonder if Sony will launch another update in March around the time Microsoft releases their large update.
Firmware updates are pretty quick during launch window, mainly because console itself is launched with bare minimum features. I remember PS3 having 10 or so updates between US and EU launch.

daveo42

Banned
FWIW, firmware updates came pretty frequently in the early days of the PS360 gen.

Firmware updates are pretty quick during launch window, mainly because console itself is launched with bare minimum features. I remember PS3 having 10 or so updates between US and EU launch.

Ah, didn't realize they had so many during the early days of the PS3 as I didn't pick mine up until 2008.

They are constantly working on features, not working on a set and then starting on others .......... depends where features are at in terms of maturity and stability.

I get this, it's more of the very short turnaround between releases that caught me by surprise is all.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I'm assuming that Sony's VSS implementation still only works on Playstation systems and not PC or Xbox consoles? If so...I'd stay away from this as multi-platform owner.

Gimmicky. Pulse elites already have below average battery life. Bass impact makes it even worse.

Vizzeh

Banned
I kind of miss the notifications of friends coming online.

At the very least you should be able to "select" which friends notify when online/offline. Its not practical if the full 2000 friends list is used but sometimes have to keep checking back for select friends.

I'm still waiting on that fix to RGB Full Range setting, Sony!

RGB full works, iv done enough tests on both. Unless im missing something :p

are you sure you havent selected your PS4 to a different HDMI port and need to adjust your TV's black level? (both need to match or you will get crushed blacks/washed out blacks)

Jigolo

socom-sony-playstation-ps-3-bluetooth-headset-mic-mute.jpg

Any word on this

Hopefully cameras will be muted by default. I suspect half of the nonsense I hear when I play online is because the people don't realize their camera is an always on mic.

psn

Oh my god. They need months to implement trivial features... 2 and a half month and still no MP3 playback. Awesome, really awesome.

I haven't had a crash in a long while. At first it only came from accessing streaming applications like amazon instant. Had bluray really been crashing that much?

Only tried it once on EU launch day and it crashed, but other people were also experiencing it and there was a discussion on a Neogaf thread about it. It's kind of funny that I never had a single crash while playing the most demanding games on the system, but it crashed playing a movie.

Got a little worried it might happen again so I haven't tried it since. I'll try again after this update.

rothbart

Must agree with all 3 points...

VanWinkle

So I take it this new headset is a successor to the original Wireless Stereo Headset, while the Pulse Elite is still the high-end model?

MMaRsu

Banned
That's it? FUCK. What the F are y'all doing over there at Sony. I know you guys care about making money but how about giving your loyal customer base some functions that you have been touting since the Feb reveal? Where is my sleep function?

Where IS THE ABILITY TO PLAY MP3's SONY wtf are you guys doing. This seriously cannot take more than a week to implement or something. I know I'm overreacting but this shit is just ridiculous. My 6 year old TV is a better goddamn mediaplayer than my PS4 is. It's pretty fucking sad really.

We shall anxiously await the next firmware update -_-. Damn you Sony I sold my PS3 months ago to make way for my PS4. Give me some damn basic functions sjeesh.

KalBalboa

Banned
Glad to see some basic OS improvements. I'm sure the media playback updates are on the way, but I can wait a little bit while the gameplay improving fixes come first.

I can always turn on my PS3 if I need to watch Divx, etc. MP3 playback during gameplay is my #1 "non-gaming" update. I don't need to freak out and have an internet tantrum over it, though.

bombshell

Richard Ho has replied to a few questions on the PS Blog, maybe they should be added to OP.

The Gold Headset is lightweight, perfect for long gaming sessions. Whether you decide to get the Pulse Elite Edition with BassImpact Technology or the Gold Headset, you can’t go wrong!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...adset-out-soon/comment-page-1/#comment-944244

To deliver sound exactly the way the developer wants it while providing the convenience of wireless, we have chosen to use a wireless adaptor. This wireless adaptor is smaller than the previous versions we have had.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...adset-out-soon/comment-page-1/#comment-944249

Both the original Pulse headset as well as Pulse Elite Edition headset will work on PS4. Game On!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...adset-out-soon/comment-page-1/#comment-944250

Check your favorite retailers to pre-order this headset.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...adset-out-soon/comment-page-1/#comment-944257

We provide a USB cable so you can recharge the headset

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...adset-out-soon/comment-page-1/#comment-944258

Yes. In general it will work with your PC as well using the wireless adaptor.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...adset-out-soon/comment-page-1/#comment-944267

Yes, the original wireless stereo headset will work on PS4 as well with this update!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...adset-out-soon/comment-page-1/#comment-944285

Top Bottom