• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tired of your DS4 lightbar? Come inside

dEvAnGeL

I'm on my mobile GAF so it's hard to quote the article, read it, very cool idea, picture to boot :)

original.jpg

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014...ovel_way_to_dim_the_ps4_controllers_light_bar

Kill it if old

Draft

What is it with Sony controllers needing aftermarket fixes? I still can't use my Dual Shock 3 without a pair of cheap plastic things on the triggers.

teiresias

I'd love the PS-logo one if my OCD wasn't screaming at me that it needs to be lowered some because it's not centered.

I also don't deal with Ebay, so if the guy was selling these as an Amazon merchant I'd give it a try. The light doesn't really bother me (I don't even realize it's on most of the time because I have a homemade backlight behind my plasma), but it's still kind of cool looking.

Majine

Banned
Never liked the light bar. PS4 is in many ways an elegant looking system. And then all of a sudden, Jetsons-levels of cheesiness.

Doesn't the XB1 controller do the same thing without the stupid light? Allowing the camera to pick up on the controller?

zma1013

All controllers and consoles need the ability to disable LEDs lights and such. Playing with a Wii controller at night is madness. The blue LED is blindly bright. Electrical taped that problem but still, why does everything need to tell me when it's on, I'm staring at the damn screen and using it, I know it's on.

Robin64

Don't have a PS4 yet, so no experience with this, but don't games use the bar and change colours to give a mood of things going on?

Dragnet

Just bought a PS Logo one, a little pricey for just one sticker but I'll deal with it. I can see these really taking off actually, wouldn't surprise me to see big brands creating their own versions soon enough.

Zomba13

I just stuck a bit of black card over it. I can still see a slit of light if I look down at the controller but it stops it reflecting off my TV screen.

5amshift

Banned
These look fucking awesome! Unfortunately I don't have the glare problem a lot of you guys are having, so these don't matter to me. Neat none the less.

Top Bottom