• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tired of your DS4 lightbar? Come inside

Nymphae

Banned
This still doesn't solve the issue completely, I'm guessing the logos would still be visible on screens at times, though probably a bit dimmer and not as big as the full light obviously.

An option with no logo would be nice, maybe I'll just get some vinyl and cut a piece myself.

stawnkald

Don't have a PS4 yet, so no experience with this, but don't games use the bar and change colours to give a mood of things going on?

Killzone uses it in a fairly neat way, it's green when healthy, yellow when in danger, and red when near death. But most games don't.

Tomb Raider, holy shit, I noticed it flashes yellow and red like crazy when you're running around with a lit torch. Between that and the diary/radio dialog coming out of the speaker, that game is a battery drain.

Don't have a PS4 yet, so no experience with this, but don't games use the bar and change colours to give a mood of things going on?

That would be neat! but no... Each controller connected will have a different colour Blue, Red, Green, Orange etc.

I think the PC driver allows more control over the lightbar.

Nymphae

Banned
Oh ok, he has a blank option on his ebay page, I'm guessing that's for a version with no logo? There's no picture...

But doesn't ship outside of the UK? Great.

Robin64

That would be neat! but no... Each controller connected will have a different colour Blue, Red, Green, Orange etc.

I think the PC driver allows more control over the lightbar.

Well a few posts above mention how Killzone uses it to gauge danger levels, and how Tomb Raider (badly) uses it.

Daffy Duck

Nice idea, I've asked him a question if they are easily removable as it could become an issue for future games if the bar is covered.

Sigma722

This still doesn't solve the issue completely, I'm guessing the logos would still be visible on screens at times, though probably a bit dimmer and not as big as the full light obviously.

An option with no logo would be nice, maybe I'll just get some vinyl and cut a piece myself.

For no logo, you choose "blank" I believe.

SLV

Just ordered one aswell, asked him if he can fuse the PS logo together with two letters on the same decal :)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Came in looking for something that would help with battery life, but f it I just ordered a pair cause the light is so goddamn bright. I really don't get why they refuse to give us options for it.

manfestival

I play in the dark so it effects me more but I only really notice it during screen black-outs or dark screens. However, it is hard to ignore considering its basically a blue flashlight for my room. A weak flashlight but its been effective in helping me find random objects.

Shouldn't have to buy damned stickers to disable the light. Ugh. The light itself doesn't bother me but I just worry it'll impact battery life.

I know it was said it has a minimal effect on battery but that could just be PR fluff.

Lime

Just bought a pair with the old school PS logo for $4 including international shipping. Pretty nice.

Dunlop

Shouldn't have to buy damned stickers to disable the light. Ugh. The light itself doesn't bother me but I just worry it'll impact battery life.

I know it was said it has a minimal effect on battery but that could just be PR fluff.

There is a thread here that pretty much proves it was not true

Sorry but I only have a yellow belt in search-fu on GAF

The Cowboy

I don't have a PS4 pad, but this is pretty neat - a very clever way to make some cash to cover something Sony should have fixed.

Wish I'd thought of it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm so excited for these because my current solution looks like ass.

iTTLU6ZdHeOwB.jpeg

SFenton

Never liked the light bar. PS4 is in many ways an elegant looking system. And then all of a sudden, Jetsons-levels of cheesiness.

Doesn't the XB1 controller do the same thing without the stupid light? Allowing the camera to pick up on the controller?

Yep, infrared at the very top of the controller. Kinect can see when you put it down and put it into a low-power state, it can detect movement (i.e. shake the controller in DR3) even though the controller itself has no motion sensors.

Top Bottom