• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII |OT| Toriyama's Bizarre Adventure

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
On youtube someone's already posting the english full game. Man I love that part after the DEMO in the historia crux, so touching. Poor Lightning-sama :(

Tempted to preorder but I still need to play the other two games. Retailer specific preorder bonuses are ass.

You unlock two costumes. I don't know how they fair against in game costumes though as far as stats.
Erm...what? What costumes are you talking about? There is only one costume you can unlock from the demo. That is Siegfried Garb.

RPG

Erm...what? What costumes are you talking about? There is only one costume you can unlock from the demo. That is Siegfried Garb.
You get the Siegfried garb by uploading your score for beating the demo boss, but (at least on PSN) you also get an Utsusemi Samurai costume when you d/l the demo.

Lain

Americans get 2 costumes, one for completing the demo and posting the screen on twitter or facebook, and one for actually downloading (or just playing?) the demo.

Europeons only get one for the posting part. Yeah, screw you too SE.

Gaz_RB

He is. He has
a whole main quest line devoted to him
>.>

edit: very minor spoiler tagged just in case.

Excellent! Didn't get enough of him in XIII-2!

Except...it is explained in the game.

I feel like a lot of people who are confused by 13 and 13-2's story didn't pay very close attention in general. It's fairly straightforward if you're watching and absorbing everything.

I'm sure LR: FFXIII is a better and more interesting game than BD.

Idk about that....

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
We still don't have an idea of how many hours of cutscenes are in this game right?

cafemomo

Why is he re-appearing again?
BfzxThQCAAAyUHy.jpg:large

I thought I made em extinct, I vastly recall killing him before on the 6th day

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Just this last game and it's finally over.
Lets hope next gen Square actually treats the FF name right.

that loli goth...

that make up...

I just can't appreciate any design the FF XIII saga brought. It's just an endless series of bad cliche...

That's pretty much it right there, whenever Toriyama is sent to do something else and a hopefully much more competent director with an eye for good designs (not gaudy paris runway outfits draping the trope characters he's created) that do justice to Final Fantasy as a franchise ; Square Enix is going to be kick themselves when they see the renewed interest.

Americans get 2 costumes, one for completing the demo and posting the screen on twitter or facebook, and one for actually downloading (or just playing?) the demo.

Not a big deal as I assume Utsusemi Samurai garb will be available on PSN eventually but what is more worse is that European do not get a physical release of Drakengard 3. Not even a Collector's Edition. Just digital release.

What costumes do you get?

I managed to kill the demo boss in 12 seconds... some skills are so abusive. I wonder how long it'll take for the game to give us the truly OP abilities/garbs!

It took a minute and some change to kill the demo boss and I five starred it.
I don't know why, i wasn't particularly good.

Ricker

Damn lol,took me like more then 2 minutes to beat the demo Boss hehe and one star :p...didnt even come close to dying of course but I guess I will try him a few more times and try to bring him down in one minute at least...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'll be late to this party even though it shipped early. Ordered the CE from digital shitver and it's definitely going to take a month to get to Canada :(

Man this game really did get an unnecessary amount of trailers and marketing. At least the nightmare will soon be over.

Also very much looking forward to winning my avatar bet with Perfo. :3
Pretty much in the bag now.

Also the game would've been received better had they let this kid write the story.

And thus as four years of FFXIII are about to draw to an end, let us take a moment's silence to commemorate the laughs, the tears, the flame wars, the beauty of roses, the Perfo-isms, the worst birthdays ever and the tough moms.

Also very much looking forward to winning my avatar bet with Perfo. :3
Pretty much in the bag now.

Yeah, that really wasn't a smart bet to make.

Looking at the scores now:

Game informer - 2.25 points lower than XIII; 1 point lower than XIII-2.

Gamekult - 1 point lower than XIII-2

OXM - 2 points lower than XIII; 1 point lower than XIII-2

GamesTM - 1 point lower than XIII and XIII-2

chrono01

What I meant was: If I avoid the demo, am I still able to get Siegfried any other way?
Unfortunately, no. Square-Enix has stated that Siegfried is only available by completing [and submitting your score] for defeating the final boss of the demo. You don't need to submit it to Twitter/Facebook, simply submitting the score is enough.

Also, thanks for the OT, Kagari. I'm not expecting brilliance [that's an understatement], but I'm still interested in trying this one out for myself. My CE should [hopefully] arrive sometime next week.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, that really wasn't a smart bet to make.

Looking at the scores now:

Game informer - 2.25 points lower than XIII; 1 point lower than XIII-2.

Gamekult - 1 point lower than XIII-2

OXM - 2 points lower than XIII; 1 point lower than XIII-2

GamesTM - 1 point lower than XIII and XIII-2

And those guys are typically on the high end.

Top Bottom