• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall beta will be an entirely new build/anti-cheat system in place

Nokterian

Gimme my beta!

500.gif

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
FYI guys, the beta build isn't final code. It has to go through cert before final does - it was branched a while ago. That said it is close, but still not gold. Can't wait to see how everything goes once tons of people are playing! Breaking things in beta means we can have fixes for launch :D

Ryaaan14

Banned
FYI guys, the beta build isn't final code. It has to go through cert before final does - it was branched a while ago. That said it is close, but still not gold. Can't wait to see how everything goes once tons of people are playing! Breaking things in beta means we can have fixes for launch :D

I wanna be part of that tons but idk how

Can't wait. Was in the Alpha... ready for the Beta, and then the retail version.

Bsigg12

Awesome. I'm ready to Titan punch some pilots again.

What kind of cheats can you use on Xbox One?

The anti-cheat stuff is for the PC.

Zyae

The Alpha was fantastic! Can't wait for the full game. Im very pumped as the alpha was the most fun ive had with a MP game in quite a while!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

To be expected. Excited to play this.

splattered

^^Can you comment on speculation of asset quality that will be in this Beta? I didn't participate in the Alpha or fully pay attention to the threads but I seem to recall there being mention of the assets being 25% quality to keep the file size down or something like that?

If I am crazy and not just imagining that, will it be the same for the beta? I'd hope that a more wide spread beta you'd want it to get as much positive exposure as possible...

Nokterian

My pc is so ready for this.

Bsigg12

^^Can you comment on speculation of asset quality that will be in this Beta? I didn't participate in the Alpha or fully pay attention to the threads but I seem to recall there being mention of the assets being 25% quality to keep the file size down or something like that?

If I am crazy and not just imagining that, will it be the same for the beta? I'd hope that a more wide spread beta you'd want it to get as much positive exposure as possible...

It (the alpha) was released at 25% of actual quality to keep download size low since it was a technical test. It was only a 3gb download and only 2 maps. I don't really want to download a 12gb beta but I will if I have to to play it again.

Kinyou

It (the alpha) was released at 25% of actual quality to keep download size low since it was a technical test. It was only a 3gb download and only 2 maps. I don't really want to download a 12gb beta but I will if I have to to play it again.
Now I'm starting to understand why they actually had a NDA

Wizman23

Banned
I have been banned so I couldn't post my feedback on the Alpha, but it was the most fun MP game I have played since Halo 2, and I play pretty much everything. Even if the Alpha was the shipping game I would not care because it was so dam fun.

Mononoke

Banned
The Alpha test was some of the most fun I've had gaming in recent years. I really do think this is something special.

Bsigg12

Now I'm starting to understand why they actually had a NDA

Pretty much. It played awesome but you could easily tell it was an older, stable build that they could turn down sliders to push a client out that would allow them to focus on the server side stuff, which sounds like it went really well, and not worry about the game crashing from unknown bugs.

That said, I'm crazy excited for the beta.

Top Bottom