• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bound by Flame PS4 reveal trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtB70ZGnGao

Coming between April-June 2014. (Also to 360, PS3, and PC)

For those wondering, it's an action RPG in development by Spiders Studio based in Paris (around 20-30 devs), known for making games like Of Orcs and Men and Mars: War Logs. It's not meant to be the next Skyrim or Witcher, but it's nice to see them put devotion into it. Personally wish them success.

You can read a lot more on the game (story, gameplay, RPG elements, etc) here: http://boundbyflame.com/#p1

Throwing in some screenshots for fun:

06.jpg

11.jpg

09.jpg

Krakn3Dfx

That voiceover guy is hilariously bad. They should have just played the music louder.

It might help that you are being possessed by a flame demon.

That's every afternoon after I have Taco Bell for lunch.

And it most definitely does not help at all.

The way he said "sidequests" made me laugh. The emPHAsis was odd.

But yeah, I'll keep my eye on it. I'm sure the game will be better than the trailer voice over. My god it was bad.

"Keep tuned."

Lol.

I love it, more dark RPGs and more competition thanks to Dark Souls. I know the time will come when people associate dark RPGs with the shooter fatigue we all know of, but I think that time is far off into the future and there's tons to innovate in the mean time.

It doesn't even remotely look like Dark Souls.

Yeah, these rip offs that don't even look like Dark souls...

It doesn't need to be a clone to clearly be influenced by Dark Souls.

v1lla21

Looks last-gen!!!

I honestly need to see more of this game. The trailer was bad.

Edit: by that I mean the narrator.

Z3M0G

Lower budget Witcher? Not bad, not bad. If it's $60, it may be worth waiting for an inevitable price drop.

Loudninja

I’m very proud to tell you about Spiders’ latest game, and our first RPG for PS4: Bound by Flame. We’re planning to release our baby in Q2 2014 for PS3 and PS4. Today, we chose to unveil an overview trailer to show you some of the most important features of the game.
After watching this trailer, we can dig a little deeper into what this is all about!

Bound by Flame is an action-RPG set in a dark fantasy universe. In this world, evil wizards, the seven Icelords, have taken over, raising an army of undead and wiping out the living. Your character, who can be male or female, is named Vulcan. Vulcan is a mercenary and explosives expert — a very unlucky one, might I add — that gets himself possessed by a powerful fire demon. I won’t go into details on how that happens; you’ll have to play to find out yourself.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/13/bound-by-flame-coming-to-ps3-ps4-in-2014/

We need more rpgs.

Farslain

Looks interesting, Dragon Age meets Fable.

Shame about that voice over on the trailer, was expecting him to crack a joke any moment, made it very hard to take the game seriously.

"Tons of weapons"

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Wish they went for a dark tone. Also, the UI looks horrible but everything else is great. Will keep my eye on it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Not only is the narration bad but the voice over script is written like a late 90s game preview.

It looks like Dragon Age to me. I'm definitely interested. There are a lot of games similar to this coming out soon. Dragon Age, Witcher, Lords of the Fallen, Dark Souls 2, and now this...I love these types of games, so I am pretty excited.

Zetta

The voice over reminds me of the good old Saturday morning cartoons. The trailer could have been a lot better without it.

Top Bottom