• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Best Selling PS4 Games in Japan After the Local Launch According to Amazon

Batzi

Banned
  1. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Pre-order – with Amazon limited bonuses)
  2. Yakuza Ishin
  3. Battlefield 4
  4. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
  5. Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag
  6. Killzone: Shadow Fall
  7. Dynasty Warriors 8: Extreme Legends
  8. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Pre-order)
  9. FIFA 14
  10. Watch_Dogs (Pre-order)
  11. Call of Duty: Ghosts (with Amazon limited bonuses)
  12. Need for Speed: Rivals
  13. Nobunaga’s Ambition: Creation
  14. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Pre-order – Limited Edition with Figurine)
  15. Yakuza Ishin (with Amazon Limited Bonuses)
  16. NBA2k14
  17. Natural Doctrine (Pre-order – PS4 + PS Vita bundle)
  18. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  19. Driveclub (Pre-order)
  20. Natural Doctrine (Pre-order)
  21. Call of Duty: Ghosts – US Import Version
  22. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn – Collector’s Edition
  23. Thief - US Import Version
  24. FIFA 14 - US Import Version
  25. Battlefield 4 - US Import Version
  26. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag - US Import Version
  27. Madden NFL 25 - US Import Version
  28. Killzone: Shadow Fall - US Import Version
  29. Nobunaga’s Ambition Online
  30. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - US Import Version

Source: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02...lling-ps4-games-in-japan-according-to-amazon/

RoKKeR

Control F 'Knack'

lol

Edit: Apparently it comes with every PS4? Interesting. Not that that's saying much about how they were feeling the game would sell.

Noema

6 of the top ten best-selling launch games for a Sony console in Japan are western developed. 2 of them are FPS.

How times have changed.

Beant

Makes sense that battlefield 4 is up there, I just checked bf4stats.com and the ps4 dominance is on another level right now.

hFY5mmE.png

I know its traditionally a PlayStation franchise, but outdoing PC at this time of the day is impressive since Europe (I think) is in full swing.

Hexa

Shadow Fall beating Dynasty Warriors? I mean, I know the game was out already for other platforms, but I still doubt that's going to be the case overall.

Jeels

6 of the top ten best-selling launch games for a Sony console in Japan are western developed. 3 of them are FPS.

How times have changed.

It's not like Japanese consumers who own the console have a choice. Japanese developers failed to step up to the plate once again.

Yawnier

Banned
All those games ahead of Nobunaga's Ambition: Creation/Souzou, it hurts.

(although it is a very niche series and the game is already out on a few other platforms).

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
The lack of Japanese games on that list is a little shocking but I suppose they can't buy what doesn't exist yet.

Yawnier

Banned
Basically zero chance this gers localised I assume?

Well honestly it's pretty unlikely, but to stay on the optimistic side of things I'm going to say "never say never". We eventually got Rise to Power and Iron Triangle even if it was several years after they released in Japan.

NastyBook

Makes sense that battlefield 4 is up there, I just checked bf4stats.com and the ps4 dominance is on another level right now.

hFY5mmE.png

I know its traditionally a PlayStation franchise, but outdoing PC at this time of the day is impressive since Europe (I think) is in full swing.
Really? I thought BF and COD were originally PC franchises?

Carl

hFY5mmE.png

Well that was unexpected

Yawnier

Banned
Battlefield over Dynast Warriors? Japan has changed!

Dynasty Warriors 8: XL most likely isn't going to be a huge seller for the PS4 where vanilla 8 released on PS3 a year ago in Japan/Asia, and 8: XL is also already available on Vita and PS3.

It will be interesting to see what direction Omega Force go with DW9 though, and how far off it is.

Donos

hFY5mmE.png

What do you mean? I see Xbox* clearly leading with whooping 95,124 players.

Mrbob

How big is Amazon relative to Japan?

hFY5mmE.png

The PS4 BF4 community has become huge, wow. This is first time I'm seeing PS4 overtake PC at peak time.

Dynasty Warriors 8: XL most likely isn't going to be a huge seller for the PS4 where vanilla 8 released on PS3 a year ago in Japan/Asia, and 8: XL is also already available on Vita and PS3.

It will be interesting to see what direction Omega Force go with DW9 though, and how far off it is.
Fuck DW, Omega Force need to get to work on Toukiden 2 PS4 exclusive stat.

Top Bottom