• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One price cut to £399 in the UK, includes free copy of Titanfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
chck pls mmh mm

I heop the ptry chat is fixd BY thn.
awhat would you say if titynfal had its own sepreat e partychat.?
tha d wasa iNN hthe TF sotware and dint utzlie LIve at al?
that ws a hug vilation of xer guindelines? but MS grantd e waver czu so mch is riding o tf and propser SDKs wernt ready (n stil aren't)?
so if you er in a xblieve party of 4 and go to plays tiatnfal s a party.....lcuanch th game, tnetnter proviate lobby and yoru live party disapers?
Game putz you in searpate party bysystem instead?

fix this shit guerila

I tried to put this through Google Translate. Nothing came up.

Can someone help?

mobius006

chck pls mmh mm

that ws a hug vilation of xer guindelines? but MS grantd e waver czu so mch is riding o tf and propser SDKs wernt ready (n stil aren't)?
so if you er in a xblieve party of 4 and go to plays tiatnfal s a party.....lcuanch th game, tnetnter proviate lobby and yoru live party disapers?

fix this shit guerila

did i pick the right time to hit the thread!

Discusguy

$399 is a pretty great value. Whether you hate kinect or not it's hard to deny that its a great price. They should have had this price from the get go.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
chck pls mmh mm

fix this shit guerila

The separate party chat doesn't surprise me. Saw that coming a mile away when Xbox engineers interviewed at Digital Foundry said that each game had it's own OS built into it, so that updates can be given without worrying about breaking backward compatibility. The downside of that being old games not gaining new features or needing a patch for compatibility.

Translation:

I hope the party chat is fixed by then.
What would you say if Titanfall had it's own separate party chat?
That was in the TF software and didn't utilize the Xbox Live chat at all?
That was a huge violation of Xbox guidelines, but MS granted a waiver because so much is riding on Titanfall and proper SDKs aren't ready, and still aren't?
So if you're in a Xbox party of four and go to play Titanfall as a party, you launch the game, enter private lobby and...your party disappears.
The game puts you in a separate party system instead.

Final game is 720p, not 792 like the beta. Sticking to my guns on the texture resolution too.

Freki

chck pls mmh mm

fix this shit guerila

Translation:

check please mmhmm [?]
What would you say if Titanfall had its own separate partychat?
That was in the TF software and didn't utilize live at all?
That was a huge violation of xbox guidelines? But MS granted a waver cause so much is riding on TF and the proper SDKs weren't ready (and still aren't)?
So if you are in a xbox live party of 4 and go to play Titanfall as a party... lauch the game, then enter a private lobby and your live party disappears?
Game puts you in a separate party system instead?

fix this shit Guerrilla.

edit: damn you chubigans - but my proper usage of "its" makes me the moral victor :-D

chck pls mmh mm

fix this shit guerila

wowza TF's own party chat system? That's crazy

720 as wel , 792? no.

stick in toMy gun s on alpha texture POSTi mad be4, btway
s

XB1 version is 720p? wow

Doc Evils

chck pls mmh mm

fix this shit guerila

Wait Titanfall has it's own party chat and not system wide one? yikes.

I tried to put this through Google Translate. Nothing came up.

Can someone help?

What would you say if Titanfall had it's own party chat that was in the TF software and didn't utilise Live at all.

That was a huge violation of guidelines, but Microsoft granted a waiver because the SDKs weren't ready and still aren't.

So, if you're in an Xbox Live party and go to play Titanfall as a party, launch the game, enter private lobby and your party disappears.

Game puts you in a separate party system instead.

Fix this shit, Guerilla.

What would you say if Titanfall had it's own party chat that was in the TF software and didn't utilise Live at all.

That was a huge violation of guidelines, but Microsoft granted a waiver because the SDKs weren't ready and still aren't.

So, if you're in an Xbox Live party and go to play Titanfall as a party, launch the game, enter private lobby and your party disappears.

Game puts you in a separate party system instead.

Fix this shit, Guerilla.

Translation:

720 as well, 792? no.

Sticking to my guns on alpha texture post I made before by the way.

VZ8xs.gif

EvB

cheque please mmh mm

What would you say if Titanfall had its own sepreate partychat?

That it waa in the TitanFall sotware and didnt utilise Livee at all?
That was a huge violation of the guidelines? But MS granted a waver because so much is riding on titanfall and proper SDKs weren't ready (andn stil aren't)?

So if you are in a Xbox live party of 4 and go to play Titanfall in a party.....luanch the game, then enter private lobby and your live party disappers?
Game puts you in seperate party system instead?

fix this shit guerila

Translated

Dambrosi

Banned
this is really crazy..

Xbox One hasn´t even launched in Tier 2+ regions.. and allready a permanent pricecut..
They had no choice. The thing is selling like double-shit sundaes with catpiss custard topping.
But at least it's still selling better than Wii U
And even now, XBOne is still more expensive than PS4, still has the bad rep from the DRM fiasco, and is still burdened with Kinect. However, I'm sure that the inclusion of free Titanfall will serve to even the playing field a little bit.

Edit: OMG teh truthinessbombas

DrkSage

Titanfall went down to 720p? I thought they said they were going to try to get it higher IIRC..

I feel like I'm in the middle of a battle field and I just dropped my gun and started walking with my arms wide open like "yep, I just walked in to the eye of the storm"

kcmp2f.gif

Busty

Banned
Lying about 72 pixels would be hilarious.

Dear Xbox Support line,

I accidentally dropped my copy of Titanfall as I returned home from my local video game retailer. The disc box feel to the floor but I caught it on the first bounce.

However you can imagine my horror when I loaded Titanfall into my Xbox One Entertainment System to find that my game ran in 720p rather than the afore mentioned 792p.

I can only assume that when I dropped the disc those 72p fell out and scatter across the floor. I returned to the scene of my mishap and managed to find 17p lying on the ground. I assume the other 'P' had blown away in the wind or been licked up by a stray dog.

Can you please advise me on how to reinsert my newly recovered 17p back into the game in order to bring it up to a massive 737p?

I am on a modest income and thus my living room is quite small so I unfortunately sit quite close to my television thus I need all the 'P' I can get.

Yours faithfully Robert J. Pooner.

The beta wasn't running that smoothly on framerate at 792p so it makes sense to just drop to 720p. Don't know why people believe they will get to 900p somehow with better framerates in less than a month.

I dunno who to believe but we'll see at launch lol. Pretty backwards ass system for X1 to make TF use their own party chat though against MS.

EvB

CBOAT is really putting his ass on the line here.

Yep, especially given many of us have played the beta and seen the real world performance, I couldn't see why they would cut back both resolution and texture quality. One or the other perhaps.

Also Respawn guy on GAF has taken a ban bet about textures.

Zeppeli

Banned
Yep, especially given many of us have played the beta and seen the real world performance, I couldn't see why they would cut back both resolution and texture quality. One or the other perhaps.

I thought ban bets were banned

Freki

So the texture quality from the beta was somehow faked?

How?
Maybe not faked but maybe they are dropping the quality in order to improve performance?
I read that it was quite sub-par - especially in Titans....

But why would cboat double down on it after the beta which clearly had improved textures?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

Well the DF breakdown of the Titanfall beta said the frame rate goes to 30-45fps when in a Titan. I'd imagine they're cutting back to keep that frame rate at 60.

RayMaker

Banned
Positive for potential buyers, maybe. But I wouldn't classify this Microsoft being forced to this situation as "positive" for them at all.

Also, truth bombs.
Forced? lol the X1 is selling badly is it?

I know UK has always paid more for electronics but $499 is £299, Uk is still at £399 far higher. The MS UK marketing guy said they are trying to offer the best value for UK. £429 always seemed like an odd number to price at,shaving the £30 off seems more because they can rather because they have to.

RulkezX

The 720p thing is hardly surprising given how poorly the beta ran.

Forced? lol the X1 is selling badly is it?

I know UK has always paid more for electronics but $499 is £299, Uk is still at £399 far higher. The MS UK marketing guy said they are trying to offer the best value for UK. £429 always seemed like an odd number to price at,shaving the £30 off seems more because they can rather because they have to.

Yeah , they are doing it just to be nice.

Holy fuck

PS UK price is inclusive of tax , so the price difference is about £50 Us/UK

Chobel

Weird. Hasn't a system wide party chat system been confirmed for the March update? I have a hard time believing it's for Titanfall only.

He said it's not ready yet (it's March update after all) and Titanfall are using their own chat party solution. Anyway I think CBOAt is underestimating xbox team just like what happened in that "ass storm" talk, they should be able to fix it by March.

EvB

Well the DF breakdown of the Titanfall beta said the frame rate goes to 30-45fps when in a Titan. I'd imagine they're cutting back to keep that frame rate at 60.

Indeed, but one or the other. I could see the framerate wasn't perfect, but any more drop in image quality outside 92p would be pretty annoying.

chck pls mmh mm

fix this shit guerila

Isn't Microsoft fixing Party Chat a few days before Titanfall launches?

God damn if Titanfall uses it's own system... Microsoft really is doing whatever they need to keep Respawn and EA happy... damn. I bet not even 343 gets this kind of special treatment with Halo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom