• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew will have an optional four hour long race around the country

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, if nothing else the game will feature a lot of unique content.

GamerHubTV via Examiner said:
Julian Gerighty, who is the creative director on The Crew, talked about how long it will take players to race from one side of the game's map to another, as well as what sounds like the craziest race we've ever heard of.

"A coast to coast race in the game, in a high-speed performance car, sticking to the roads is about an hour and a half, but if you want to go off-road, it's about two hours and a half.

"We have one race, which is just for those maniacs, it's not on the main path or anything. It goes around the circumference of the country and it's a four hour race," Gerighty said.
"I think the last generation, PS3 and Xbox 360, was all about HD. When I bought my PS3, I had to upgrade maybe a year down the line.

"I think this generation is all going to be about that shared experience, the seamless single-play and multiplayer experience, the living-world experience is what we like to call it. We're part of a handful of titles that have been announced and are doing that, but I'm sure...in a couple of years, it'll be the norm for most games," Gerighty said.
Text Source: http://www.examiner.com/article/the...-coast-to-coast-on-the-road-is-one-and-a-half
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THX4Km4Rwx8

Newlove

This game looks awesome. I'm a big fan of Horizon and Dirt and it gives off that vibe. I don't think I will ever finish that event though!

RPG

"We have one race, which is just for those maniacs, it's not on the main path or anything. It goes around the circumference of the country and it's a four hour race," Gerighty said.

Reminds me of the final race in Burnout Paradise (albeit 10 times longer). Also, sounds like that's worthy of a trophy.

I always like it when open-world racing games do this, especially if there is a day/night cycle involved. Those in Burnout Paradise and Forza Horizon were really cool (though both way less than 4 hours, closer to 30 minutes I think).

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I remember RRV having a 99-lap or so race event. I actually completed it and it may have taken that many hours IIRC, though I did take many pause breaks.

Ludist210

Here's a screenshot:

penn-tellers-desert-bus-2.jpg

hoserx

Reminds me of Penn and Teller's desert bus game that required 8 hours to complete the segment.. except this actually sounds fun.

yatesl

Gran Turismo had 24 hour races, but that was going round a track.

It'll be interesting if this takes 4 hours of totally new road, opposed to 8 laps of the island.

farisr

4 hours in a race that can't be paused and needs a constant online connection.. Yeah, won't be doing that. I at least need a pause function in my racing games even if there is no mid-race save function.

Bradf50

4 hours 30 minutes in a race that can't be paused and needs a constant online connection.. Yeah, won't be doing that.

Not sure if you played Test Drive Unlimited but you could pause that so I'm guessing you can pause this too seeing as they are the same creators.

Mengetsu

Wow that's awesome! Imagine if they put a bet contest as well and you could have an option to bet your car if you lose and such. So many possibilities yet I know many people wouldn't be interested. I love this idea.

Top Bottom